Chassis Stiffening ?'s

ABrown

Established Member
I'm about to have some cash to spend. I'm happy with the power and I really want to go the coil-over route in the next 6 months or so. Probably over the summer. Right now I'm trying to make the car as rigid as possible. I want as little flex as possible. I was thinking Kenny Brown extreme matrix subframe system, because I know where I can get it. Then I started to think for just about the same price I could do some other full length subframe connectors and strut and shock tower braces font and rear. I'm just trying to figure out what will end up being better in the long run and making the car stiffer. It's a coupe BTW.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I'm about to have some cash to spend. I'm happy with the power and I really want to go the coil-over route in the next 6 months or so. Probably over the summer. Right now I'm trying to make the car as rigid as possible. I want as little flex as possible. I was thinking Kenny Brown extreme matrix subframe system, because I know where I can get it. Then I started to think for just about the same price I could do some other full length subframe connectors and strut and shock tower braces font and rear. I'm just trying to figure out what will end up being better in the long run and making the car stiffer. It's a coupe BTW.

You can just get one of the MM packages they offer...

04Venom

Established Member
I had the MM flsfc, lower chassis brace and strut tower brace (and Steeda lowering springs) on my 04. What a difference!! Felt like a rock and handled much better than stock.

ABrown

Established Member
Thats probably the route I'm going to go. Should I get the bare metal ones or is it worth the extra $30 for the powdercoated ones? Will the bare metal ones rust? I guess when i go to coilovers I'll get the rear shock tower brace and the IRS brace with the IRS bushing kit from cobrabob and I should be good to go!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Global West FLSC's are a lot stiffer! Once you see a picture of them you won't get the MMFLSC's. If you want to spend the money anyways.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Global West FLSC's are a lot stiffer! Once you see a picture of them you won't get the MMFLSC's. If you want to spend the money anyways.

..........what he said.

I prefer the Hans over the GW but either is way more substantial over the other brands.

Actually there is a lot more to stiffening the chassis then just adding subs but to do it right is more then most people can stomach. Adding coilovers and looking at hanging the weight of the car off the shock towers is frightening :uh oh:

ABrown

Established Member
Yeah. I could do a cage. Not really up for that with this car though. Just trying to get it as stiff as possible without a cage. Where can i get the Hans or global west subframe connectors? Is there a website that sells them?

black 10th vert

Established Member
The GW ones can be ordered through Jeg's, but the Hans ones are no longer available at the moment. Believe me, I've tried everywhere! I liked the Hans the best overall, but the Global West is very similar, so that is what I will put on my vert., unless a set of Hans comes up in the classifieds. Problem is that the vert. requires a different part# than the coupe version, so that is harder for me to find (already had to pass on a set because of that).

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Unless you are going to do Griggs "through the floor" SFCs I feel Global West are the way to go.
If you are serious about chassis stiffening that is.

P1280053.jpg

P1280052.jpg

superstoutSFCs.jpg

stoutsubs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread