Bad Tune?

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
does anyone know how much power i should be making with the mods listed on my signature?
everybody keeps telling me that my numbers are low for the mods i have and that i have a bad tune.:shrug:

BK04SVT

i bleed blue
Established Member
what kind of dyno? Do you have cats? When I had my 3.1 upper and a 4lb lower with stage IV port, mine made about the same thing.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
The type of dyno used could mean the difference of up to 50hp, I made 480 with mods in sig on a dynojet, if it were a mustang dyno it probably would have been about 40hp less.

03cobramanIII

Banned
that is not bad at all!
i was spinning my ported eaton to 20 psi. 2.75/6.00
only making 491/572 .i couldnt hit the 500 mark so i went for the 600 mark!

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
what kind of dyno? Do you have cats? When I had my 3.1 upper and a 4lb lower with stage IV port, mine made about the same thing.

i dont know what you mean by what kind of dyno but it was tuned at houston performance. they do work only on mustangs......and nope i dont have cats.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i dont know what you mean by what kind of dyno but it was tuned at houston performance. they do work only on mustangs......and nope i dont have cats.

He meant was a Dynojet used? Or a Mustang Dyno? Mustang Dynos read lower numbers than Dynojets. I'm suspecting it was a Mustang Dyno because with your mods and a ported Stage IV blower you should be at or above 500rwhp. What octane fuel are you using?

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Like said it all depends on what type of dyno. Many other variables can come into play too. Like wether you have a steel or aluminum flywheel? Also whaat is your timing and A/F? What octane gas? What was the temp outside during the pulls? Humidity? Was the car hot or cold? Slipping clutch?

Last edited:

04CobraMatt

Established Member
Im going to blame the "saleen wing"

Seriously though, The tune your using is a custom tune? for what kinda gas?

I wouldn't say its abnormaly low, just not high.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
He meant was a Dynojet used? Or a Mustang Dyno? Mustang Dynos read lower numbers than Dynojets. I'm suspecting it was a Mustang Dyno because with your mods and a ported Stage IV blower you should be at or above 500rwhp. What octane fuel are you using?

yep it was on a dynojet
DSCF4442.gif

Last edited:

drptitan

Established Member
Like I told you before man, you have more mods than me and I make more power(521/482). Give Pat a call at PSI and I promise you will not be let down!!!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
it says on the dyno sheet DYNO JET RESEARCH at the top.:shrug:
i dont know if that means it is a mustang dyno or not.:shrug:

That would be a Dyno Jet dyno.:bored:

How was the air fuel ratio? I would be more concerned about not pegging my MAF and have a little headroom in the fuel delivery department.

I see no MAF, Mafia, pumps or boost-a-pump in your sig.

You do know what happens if you peg your MAF... right?

or

Max out your pumps?

I would not sweat the numbers.
Do the durability mods that are associated with the power level that is desired, before you try to boost your way up there.

If you lean out and detonate, your pistons will not immediately come apart(depending on how bad and how long the detonation occurs) but they will eventually end up TOAST.

Let's not go there.... mmmmK?

BadPiston_Cyl2_001.jpg

scoredcylinder.jpg

destroyedpiston.jpg

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Like I told you before man, you have more mods than me and I make more power(521/482). Give Pat a call at PSI and I promise you will not be let down!!!

yeah but i have more torque than you.
remember what they say.......horsepower sells cars and torque wins races.
what is PSI's number?

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
yeah but i have more torque than you.
remember what they say.......horsepower sells cars and torque wins races.
what is PSI's number?

Even your torque is low for your combo though. He's running just an upper pulley. You need to get some fuel mods on that car and get a better tune on it. Everybody is telling you your numbers are lower because they are.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
can you post a pic of the entire dyno sheet. I agree that they seem low as well. I think unported 2.76 upper pulley cars with supporting mods dyno in that range???

dynobobstieg

Your number's are low something is wrong.

Did we port your blower? If we did I can give you some advice and we can figure out what is going on.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread