Bad Tune?

spincobra03

Established Member
yes... for a dynojet they are low. Im thinking maybe 510 hp and 495-500 tq would be around where you should be. But each car makes different power. remember the only thing that matters are how the car feels. dyno numbers dont mean sh it!

Last edited:

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
yes... for a dynojet they are low. Im thinking maybe 510 hp and 495-500 tq would be around where you should be. But each car makes different power. remember the only thing that matters are how the car feels. dyno numbers dont mean sh it!

Dyno numbers do mean shit when you don't have the proper fuel mods to support the power, and your car doesn't make the power it should. That's telling you that something should be address without even seeing the datalogs. To be down 5-10hp doesn't mean anything, to be down 35-45hp off a proven combo that many people have does mean something.

spincobra03

Established Member
Dyno numbers do mean shit when you don't have the proper fuel mods to support the power, and your car doesn't make the power it should. That's telling you that something should be address without even seeing the datalogs. To be down 5-10hp doesn't mean anything, to be down 35-45hp off a proven combo that many people have does mean something.[/QUOTE

After reading what I wrote it may have been taken out of context. What I meant to say is, it looks like there is an issue and should be dealt with but dyno numbers dont mean anything. But I agree.. with the numbers that low there is a problem.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
Your number's are low something is wrong.

Did we port your blower? If we did I can give you some advice and we can figure out what is going on.

Thanks

i dont konw if it is a stiegemeier port or not.
the previous owner had it ported at houston performance in TX.
but i probably can figure out if it was a stiegemeier port or not because the previous owner is a really good fiend of mine.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
can you post a pic of the entire dyno sheet. I agree that they seem low as well. I think unported 2.76 upper pulley cars with supporting mods dyno in that range???

alright.
DSCF4518.jpg

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
who tuned it? What software? Something isn't right... I would put it back on a dyno and check things out. May want to get a Wideband too... after leaving stock tune it's really important

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
it was tuned by houston performance, i dont know WTF software, and i will put it on the dyno SOON!

this injector sh it is really making me mad.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
your graph looks really bad from 5500 rpms up. Looks like your problem is either belt slip or maybe maxing out the maf and the tune goes wacky.

ported 04

Its never enough.
Established Member
im running the stock MAF and stock fuel rail and injectors.
i know its not belt slip because i have an aftermarket belt on it.
so i need bigger injectors and a bigger MAF?

nighthawk756

Who? Me??
Established Member
My numbers were a little lower than I expected also. But I won't hijack this thread, I'll make my own.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
im running the stock MAF and stock fuel rail and injectors.
i know its not belt slip because i have an aftermarket belt on it.
so i need bigger injectors and a bigger MAF?

Your injectors are most likely fine, but the reason the power drops off so much after 5k is you MAF is pegged and can't supply any more fuel. You need to get a MAFia or SCT MAF and a BAP then get the car retuned.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Get a MAFia and a 40 amp Boost-a-pump and your numbers will shoot up. You may not need injectors yet.

Users who are viewing this thread