HELP, My termi is HESITATING and jerking me on WOT!!!

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
It started last nite after I washed the car.

I took her out to go see the wife at work and I playd around doing some pulls and the car was fine. Pulling hard and spining tires.

Well later on that night we go out and she said step on it. Well I step on it then it starts to hesitate, not power wise but she will get up and go and starts shaking like if the trac control was on and the computer is controlling the power so you dont over spin but its more harsher. Like if the computer was fighting with the engine when ever it goes on boost under load. But if you press in the clutch and rev it doesnt do it. It feels like if it had the jake engine brakes on. Sounds like the exhaust is clogged and the car starts jerking, jumping you know like its hesitating like it pulsates the engine. Thats how it sounds like.

Well I pull over to the near plaza and open the hood. Well I did this boost bypass crap and it worked fine for a week. So i switch the lines again back to normal and turn on the car so i can take it for a test drive. Well what do you know, its not doing it now.

Well today on my way to work, she starts jerking again on 1st gear just taking off regular. So i change my gears from 2nd to 3rd and step on it. Well what do you know, its back again. I pull over turn off the car wait 5 mins then turn it back on step on it and its gone. Its like she is mad at me and playing around with me. I did wash the engine compartment but my MAF is at the side of the fender away from the engine compartment.

Has anyone had the same problem?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Do you have an X-Cal hand held tuner? If so you can pull codes with it.

It sounds like you got some moisture in one of your coils to me.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Yea, I also bough that snap on lithos scanner. But I didnt pull codes yet but I will when I get home. I am going to check the coils and dry them. Hopefully that will do the job.

But it feels scary. Like if the hulk to my car and start shaking it front and back, front ant back.

Juruense

Banned
Hmmm... Here are some random things to check:
-coolant spewing on belts
-water in COP wells

If it is overheating and spewing on the belts there will be evidence of this on the underside of the hood. You will see a "streak" where the belt is throwing coolant on the underside of the hood. This also causes massive belt slip and a feeling just like you describe.

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
It could be belt slip.

How many #'s of boost are you at? What plugs are you running and at what gap? And when was the last time they were replaced?

I was having a similar problem and it turned out to be spark blow out.

Josh

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
It could be belt slip.

How many #'s of boost are you at? What plugs are you running and at what gap? And when was the last time they were replaced?

I was having a similar problem and it turned out to be spark blow out.

Josh

Well it go its full 15psi of boost. And I am using the NGK tr7? or trx7 but its a seven series and its gapped at .35. I replaced them when I got my pullied about two months ago.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Well since I am at work, I left the hood open and let the sun do some work since I have no tools here. Plus the boss wont allow it. So today went I get off at 5 I am going to get to the bottom of this. Poor thing.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Update: Well I took it out for lunch and it jerked me, like a misfire but a big one constant.

So from what I have gathered, it does it only when the engine is cold but doesnt do it as much when the engine is up to operating temp.

BUstang

Established Member
Plugs perhaps? I had a hesitation in mine and i bought some NGK Tr6ix's. From what i can tell, that hesitation went away.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
No, I dont get off till 5. I would do it now because it pretty slow today at the job. But I dont want to disapoint the boss. Lucky enough he is letting me play on the net.

spincobra03

Established Member
pull the plugs.. pull the plugs.. pull the plugs!! And dont drive it hard. Sounds like its misfirering. I bet you need to change them. Have you recently gotten a tune, or have you had it for a long time? Sounds very fixable though.

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Agree pull the plugs. One thing you should not do is romp on it if she feels like she is missing.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
well I am home, pulled the drive side coils and they are dry as the desert. But the pass side was shocking. As soon as I pull out the last screw to the plug cover, a mist of water relives it safe to my face.

Well I pull cop 1, light wet, cop 2, med wet, cop 3 prerry wet, cop 4 which is at the end of the engine was like the ocean. Water everywhere. I am still going to pull all plugs and check them to be on the safe side.

But thanks guy, you have been an awsome help, I will keep you all updated and the final conclusion.

p.s: on the way home, I had a c5 z06 old man toying with me, wanted to race bad. At the light I told him "sorry bubba, my engine is misfiring and not at its full potential. Maybe next time, write down my # so we can set something up". Well he laughs and say "hmm typical ford owner excuse, thats what happens when you drive a pos cobra" and he steps on it and leaves. Not my day, I am telling you.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Well he laughs and say "hmm typical ford owner excuse, thats what happens when you drive a pos cobra" and he steps on it and leaves. Not my day, I am telling you.
Ha, I think I would have tried it anyway and just crossed my fingers but then again I am immature :(

Yeah the water is likely your problem but I think I would go ahead and get some fresh TR7IXs, sounds like sparkplug blowout.

REDFIREKNIGHT

SVT XENON GURU
Established Member
Well its all fixed. Checked all the plugs and none seem to have blownout. Took it for a spin ran fine, took it on WOT and pulled nice. I stop at the light then take of normal then i feel a misfire on 1st gear. Then I stop and do it again and nothing. Open it, nothing. Slow down again and start from 1st and nothing

So she is all fixed up. Thanks alot guys.

Now she goes into her bed and rest until saturday.

Again thanks to everyone, you all are the best.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Checked all the plugs and none seem to have blownout.
That's not what it means, you're not going to see it. Blowout occurs when the gap opens up to far to fire under high boost. Gap slowly gets larger as the plugs age and the electrodes wear under normal conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread