twin screw+stock driveline question

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hey svtp,
i was wondering how many of u guys out there have either a whipple or kenne bell on thier car with the stock driveline. i mean to say who has the stock half shafts, and other drive line components. if u do, have u ever broken them?

i ask because im going to be gettin a decent sized chunk of money soon, and im tryin to figure out if a twin screw is the way to go for right now, or would i be better off getting the drive line reinforced before i go for the power. if u are up to it, let me know what your setup is and your experience with it. if u have broken parts because it was too much power to handle, then let me know please. thx in advance.

richie

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
stock driveshaft, stock halfshafts......upgraded 26 spline imput shaft, clutch, and flywheel....

KB 2.2 @ 19 psi...600rwhp SAE.....

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
stock driveshaft, stock halfshafts......upgraded 26 spline imput shaft, clutch, and flywheel....

KB 2.2 @ 19 psi...600rwhp SAE.....

You and me both buddy :beer:

And a C6 gave me a run for my money last night/this morning :nono:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member

All I can say is I definately have more respect for the new C6's, it appeared to be stock but I soon found out differently. He just pulled up next to me on the highway around 1:30am and I didn't expect him to try anything but he took off and I did shortly after, he had me by two cars off the jump with my delayed reaction and I never passed him, I caught him but couldn't pull. Then we went for a second time and he started off first again but only got about a car legnth at most, we were about equal at the top of 3rd then I hit 4th and was about a half a car in front. I had a passenger and he didn't, the Vette didn't seem to pull any harder once we hit higher speeds oddly enough. I was shocked that he stayed like that, I couldn't even hear his exhaust but Kenne was screamin pretty loud. He wouldn't pull off the highway and didn't even roll down his window, couldn't see in the car with the dark tint. This is actually the only car i've ever ran in my Cobra other than a friends Cobra and GT500. I hardly ever run my Cobra :shrug: I know it's fast lol

Fun to say the least, there were no other cars on the road and it was late so I was like eh... why not :shrug:

I was running pump w/ octane booster in the car for the first time rather than Race so that had a bit of an effect but I still couldn't believe how close he stayed. No more Shell 91 again lol

What are the new Vette's putting out? Still 400 or is it more?

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I guess I went about this the "other" way. In anticipation of being Whippled, I've installed a RAM dual-disc clutch, a 26 spline Liberty input shaft, AC427Cobra's complete IRS bushing kit. Billetflow IRS brace, and DSS level 5 halfshafts. The next planned mods are all fuel system related - 60# injectors, dual GT pumps, a Fore hat assembly and a dual FPDM setup.

Then, it will be time for the Whipple...:bowdown:

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
hmm, thanks for all the input guys. sounds like i should do the clutch then the twin screw at the least. my clutch is stock, that is gonna be the first thing to be toast if i get the twin screw. damn, this is gettin expensive.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
All stock.,., down to the clutch.,., oh 3.27 gears :eek: other than that., all stock.,., not a track car though :shrug:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Just curious what are symptoms of clutch slippage?

The best way to diagnose a slipping clutch is to get up to a speed where tire spin is out of the question, put it in 6th gear and floor it. If the it revs up like it's spinning then the clutch is slipping.

Then do not wait around, park it or get it replaced ASAP so you don't hurt the flywheel.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread