Magnum Powers users...

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Just looking for some up to date insight on these blowers... I'm seriously thinking about going this route.... I have a ported Eaton now, but would def like a little more without spending whipple money. Just looking for guys running it on a stock block, and what kind of times you are running with what mods.... and where the hell can I find one!!!!!

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
See my sig for the ultimate potential of this blower. I did run it on a stock block, but got greedy and scattered it. A couple of DelValLO guys got into the low 11s with a MP/stock block combo.
Jim

oneqkgt

Established Member
mine works fine best with eaton and 4lber same was a 12.6 at 105 now i run same af and spark in the mp times below.

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
I like mine, as of now I don't have any times with it since I'm in desperate need of a tune. Currently I'm running the 2.7 that came with it and a 6# lower. To be honest though if I hadn't got mine at such a good deal I would have a KB right now. Hopefully I'll be able to put up some times next week after I get tuned, but I don't know how well they will be since it's hot as hell down here.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
^^^^^^

I was going to say your an owner, not a user.:poke:

If thats the case im still a fabtech owner, a solid rear window owner, DMR EGR delete owner and a bunch more LMAO!

I like mine, as of now I don't have any times with it since I'm in desperate need of a tune. Currently I'm running the 2.7 that came with it and a 6# lower. To be honest though if I hadn't got mine at such a good deal I would have a KB right now. Hopefully I'll be able to put up some times next week after I get tuned, but I don't know how well they will be since it's hot as hell down here.

Exactly. I picked up mine for $100 shipped...I couldnt pass that up in no way shape or form!

SADF

Established Member
If people do so well with the MP blowers, then why arent more using them?

I think its because its a fine line between the ported Eaton and the Magnum. Most people either go with a KB or Whipple because they have full intentions of getting the most. The Magnum is good for someone like me who does not really care to go that big. I actually will be doing a ported Eaton due to already having a Cog Setup for the Eaton, but if it was not for that I would eventually get the Magnum Powers.

svtbarry

Established Member
On the very rare occassion that my crappy JLP stage two motor was running acceptably well enough, my MP with stock upper and 8# lower made 75 more rwhp over my ported Eaton and 6# lower. The MP is an amazing piece of equipment - If you can stand the noise for a DD.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Oh yeah, i remember reading that the MP is b/w the eaton and the kb/whipple.

how's the sound factor(whine) from the MP. just curious. There's a lack of videos with L's with that blower.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I think its because its a fine line between the ported Eaton and the Magnum. Most people either go with a KB or Whipple because they have full intentions of getting the most. The Magnum is good for someone like me who does not really care to go that big. I actually will be doing a ported Eaton due to already having a Cog Setup for the Eaton, but if it was not for that I would eventually get the Magnum Powers.

your eaton cogged upper should work just fine on the MP brother. Ive got a stock lightning upper pulley on my MP and I cant see that thing giving me a lick of an issue :)

how's the sound factor(whine) from the MP. just curious. There's a lack of videos with L's with that blower.

The sound is like sex dude!
These things scream retarded loud...I cannot wait to get mine bolted on just for the sound alone LOL.

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Thanks for responding guys... I know Jim is running some damn good times on this blower and built motor, but like SADF said, I don't know how big I want to go down the line... and I'm looking for some extra punch over my ported eaton which I'm not too impressed with... I can't seem to break 13.3s, then again, I'm on toyos and no t-bars... but I want more without getting too deep... is 450 rwhp realistic on the stock block with this blower?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Thanks for responding guys... I know Jim is running some damn good times on this blower and built motor, but like SADF said, I don't know how big I want to go down the line... and I'm looking for some extra punch over my ported eaton which I'm not too impressed with... I can't seem to break 13.3s, then again, I'm on toyos and no t-bars... but I want more without getting too deep... is 450 rwhp realistic on the stock block with this blower?

I made 450 on a winter tune with a 6# lower on my stock block. DelValLO's FastFreddy makes significantly more, running 11.4s with his MP/stock block.
Jim

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Thanks Jim, I knew you were having great success with this blower even though others are trashing it... I'd be very pleased with 450 to the wheels right now.... now I just need to find me one... can I still get a brand new one anywhere?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Thanks Jim, I knew you were having great success with this blower even though others are trashing it... I'd be very pleased with 450 to the wheels right now.... now I just need to find me one... can I still get a brand new one anywhere?

Charles Warner at Magnum Powers was making another run of blowers last I heard. They have a website with contact info for Charles. Email, or call him.
Jim

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member

Last year on NHTOC.com,I think they actually had a group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread