Magnum Powers users...

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
What do they go for new? somewhere in the $1500 range? I was going to call JDM tomorrow and try to get some info as far as availability....

Cocoloco, are you suggesting to try and get a group buy over here?:rockon:

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
The MP will move a lot of air. I strongly reccomend an upgraded Maf, 60# injectors, and twin Walbro 255 pumps. A good tune is essential. JDM will get you set up as safely as possible. I suggest you go see them.

Also longtubes and hi flow cats will help reduce the backpressure and let your combo shine.
Jim

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I can't seem to break 13.3s, then again, I'm on toyos and no t-bars...
Man if you cant get the power to the ground with the current set up, i dont see you doing much better after you get more power. In some cases when guys add a lot more power, they run slower.

You gotta be set up. There's people running 12's with just a 4lber on a unported eaton.

What is your best 60'?

02REDSVT

alienfreek
Established Member
Man if you cant get the power to the ground with the current set up, i dont see you doing much better after you get more power. In some cases when guys add a lot more power, they run slower.

You gotta be set up. There's people running 12's with just a 4lber on a unported eaton.

What is your best 60'?

Yeah, I am aware of that, thats why I'm going to be getting some DRs and traction bars in the very near future, definately DRs within the week.... My best 60' is 2.09, I can't get under 2, the toyos just spin off the line then when my FTVB hits second, I can get some wheel spin there too...

I'm just looking to get faster times without spending a whole lot of money, I know I need to spend some, but it seems that power can be acheived without going too nuts....

So, what can I expect should I buy one? does it come as a complete unit? On the website it says that it uses the "your Eaton rotors".... I was a little confused by that...

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
You'll just have to remove the rotors from your eaton and put them in the MP along with some fresh oil. I haven't got the full effect of mine yet since I need a tune, but it does feel stronger than before.

LILJohnSVT

Established Member
I been having my M.P. for about 2 years with no problems. I love the scream at w.o.t., its so loud and sounds so good. I want to go built so bad so i can strap a #10 lower and let it make some real power. I say get it and enjoy it, you won't regret it. Put you a #6 lower, get a good tune and let her scream.

I'D WIN

Established Member
That scream is like no other! It is truly something else and beautiful at that!

I have a brand new MP powdercoated black on my truck. Ran it for about 350 miles if that. Has an interchangeable upper and several rings along with a 14# lower.

I also have a one-off APS sheetmetal intake with NO EGR and nitrous ports.

Because I was given the opportunity to purchase a Whipple 3.4 at a very generous price, all of the above will be going on the market, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
Got APS sheetmetal and MP on mine along with COGS.....its truly entoxicating and very loud.....but the louder the better!!

I'D WIN

Established Member
All PM's replied to.

The MP was loud to begin with and without a doubt, I think Stew will agree, the APS plenum woke that sucker even more!

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
All PM's replied to.

The MP was loud to begin with and without a doubt, I think Stew will agree, the APS plenum woke that sucker even more!

You aint shittin Martin...LOL....

MP+Cogs+Sheetmetal....my truck sounds like a damn Harrier Jet taxiing....

Full ROmp....I can actually hear my setup over my exhaust and my exhaust is LOUD...LOL I love it...:beer:

I'D WIN

Established Member
LOL.

Same here... 142db stereo, slamming bass, full 3" exhaust with NO emissions/cats and the MP is still bringing down the house and screamin' MOVE BITCH/GET OUT THE WAY!

The full setup definitely wasn't cheap but damnit, it was worth every last penny and more! I'd do it all over again, and all over again after that.

MP ($1550 incl. powdercoating/rotor packs/rebuild/misc.), APS plenum (1st run -$625), JLP fiberglass intake tube ($225), Billetflow interchangeable upper (3) rings ($300 and some change), MP 14# lower pulley ring ($275), and the JLP CAI ($150)...

Don't bite the hand that feeds ya~

More HERE.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread