Whipple on Stock Fuel system

Smoothgrandmama

mmmm Torque
Established Member
Whipple 2.3 Can I bolt it up and be safe?

As Long as I don't up the boost.....

I plan on 60#ers Twin GT pumps and a ba 2600 with the 6# lower....later on

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
You can go with either a BAP or twin GT pumps if that is your preference.

You will need the 60's most likely even with the stock pulley set up that comes with the Whipple.

Personally I would not bolt it on until you have the supporting mods.

For the gaskets just give Steve @ Tousley a call.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=320

I got all my new gaskets for the swap for $68 shipped to my door.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
Whipple 2.3 Can I bolt it up and be safe?

As Long as I don't up the boost.....

I plan on 60#ers Twin GT pumps and a ba 2600 with the 6# lower....later on

Yes you will be okay on the stock boost with out the fuel mods. You will though have to take your blower off later if you want to put 60's in. Go with a BAP instead of GT pumps. Wish it had went that route first instead of wasting money on GT pumps. Ended up needing a BAP also but I'm at 19-20 psi.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I would be extremely shocked if you could run stock boost on a gen 2 Whipple and get away with the stock fuel system. My FPDC was in the 90's with my 2.93 and ported Eaton.

Last edited:

QUICKRNU

Established Member
whipple fuel mods

I would suggest GT pumps, & stage 2 FPDM, 60lb inj., & do the head cooling mod while u have the blower off. The new gen 2 whipples should make 15-16lbs with stock 3.5 upper. Maybe the boost a pump for extra safety. The stock fuel rails will be fine.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
+2

The Gen 2 has got to be good for 530-550 at stock boost levels... way too much.

yes but it is at a lower pressure level, moving more air and doing so at cooler intake temperatures. Injector cycles will lower due to the ecu not having to richen it up because of hot IAT2's.

You should be good to go but i would try to get a few passes on a dyno to check your afr's just to be safe, unless you have a wideband, which i highly recommend.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
yes but it is at a lower pressure level, moving more air and doing so at cooler intake temperatures. Injector cycles will lower due to the ecu not having to richen it up because of hot IAT2's.
That may be true but the stock pumps without some help still can't move that much fuel.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I would not risk it but...

If you have a stock paper air filter and box, and a stock cat back you might get away with it.

If you have replaced the stock air filter with CAI or drop in, or have an aftermarket cat back, THEN YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE!

This all assuming a stock lower crank pulley and the 3.50" upper Whipple pulley as well.

Why dick around? Do it right the first time.

seriouslymeltedcobrapiston.jpg

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
If you have a stock air filter and stock exhaust, you can definitely do it. I ran my car that way for a year with no issues and 490 RWHP. It is a great way to have a quiet car that makes quite a bit of power.

I did have it dyno tuned though. I wouldn't even consider it without having the car professionally tuned. Tuner said my car started going lean pretty fast above 3K RPM. It will also highlight any issues with the pumps, MAF or injectors. If you are considering higher boost later though, it is certainly worth doing the injectors at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread