Whipple on Stock Fuel system

BlueSS

Yes you will be okay on the stock boost with out the fuel mods. You will though have to take your blower off later if you want to put 60's in. Go with a BAP instead of GT pumps. Wish it had went that route first instead of wasting money on GT pumps. Ended up needing a BAP also but I'm at 19-20 psi.

True Story! While I Was In The Middle Of My Swap, My Tuner Told Me To Leave In The 39lb Injectors So That I Could Drive It There And Change Them At His Shop :dw::nonono:...... Needless To Say I Didn't End Up Going To Him! :lol1:

Silverboost

Established Member
go ahead and do the 60's, BAP, and either a mafia or maftextender. If you don't do the 60's now later on you will have to pull the blower to put them in.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
True Story! While I Was In The Middle Of My Swap, My Tuner Told Me To Leave In The 39lb Injectors So That I Could Drive It There And Change Them At His Shop :dw::nonono:...... Needless To Say I Didn't End Up Going To Him! :lol1:

That is one option, to swap the injectors when on site. Some tuners do that to avoid the issues associated with running 60's when the fuel system / computer thinks the car has 39's. Problem is with the Whipple is it not so easy to swap the injectors. Or as a better option, you could get a temporary tune to hold you over until you get to the dyno.

Vmnous285

Established Member
That is one option, to swap the injectors when on site. Some tuners do that to avoid the issues associated with running 60's when the fuel system / computer thinks the car has 39's. Problem is with the Whipple is it not so easy to swap the injectors. Or as a better option, you could get a temporary tune to hold you over until you get to the dyno.

I installed my injectors with the whipple. I had my tuner send me a safe tune so I could make it to his shop. Every car is different you will know what you need when u are on the Dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread