170mph police run

03yellow

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBQcaEc1C0"]YouTube - ford mustang cobra out runs police[/ame]

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
:wf: + repost bud

but anyway f*** yeah run from those mothers

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
:dw:

scoredcylinder.jpg

seriouslymeltedcobrapiston.jpg

img1789px5.jpg

:-D:poke:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I don't know what part of Florida the video was taken, but in the Jacksonville area, you will be pursued or road blocks will be set up and you'll run out of uncluttered interstate very quickly... :eek: :eek:

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
I don't know what part of Florida the video was taken, but in the Jacksonville area, you will be pursued or road blocks will be set up and you'll run out of uncluttered interstate very quickly... :eek: :eek:

It's IMV Films, I know those guys. It's Alachua County, right around Gainesville.

nik96

Established Member
WTF? The 03/04 motors cant handle sustained boost? I'd search but I dont know what to search for. Anyone got a link to a discussion?

kissmyAZZure

THE BLUE BEAST
Established Member
I believe it's sustained load (boost) in overdriven gears (5th or definitely 6th) that puts extreme stress on these motors without some coolin modification.

delta777

Banned
So the revised heads that Ford came out with that supposedly addressed cooling issues in the original heads wouldn't help in high speed runs?:cryying:

delta777

Banned
Help me out here guys. Essentially, what people are saying is that 2003/04 Cobras are incapable of top speed runs, or for that matter near-top speed runs, without fear of complete "termination", pardon the pun.

Why would Ford design a car that while capable of 160+mph speeds, the engine truly can't take the sustained boost necessary to safely reach said speeds. In that case, why don't we just say we have some of the fastest cars to 120mph, knowing that anything over that would be suicide.

Users who are viewing this thread