170mph police run

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Help me out here guys. Essentially, what people are saying is that 2003/04 Cobras are incapable of top speed runs, or for that matter near-top speed runs, without fear of complete "termination", pardon the pun.

Why would Ford design a car that while capable of 160+mph speeds, the engine truly can't take the sustained boost necessary to safely reach said speeds. In that case, why don't we just say we have some of the fastest cars to 120mph, knowing that anything over that would be suicide.

Welcome to the discussion board!

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
This piston kinda looks like it has a sad face!

seriouslymeltedcobrapiston.jpg

that needs a OH HERRO tag or NOT HANS BRICKS

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Ya, seen it, but I love this vid. Told a friend about it and I was looking for it a few weeks ago. Funny as hell, but honestly what motor can handle boost for a substantial amount of time.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
In that case, why don't we just say we have some of the fastest cars to 120mph, knowing that anything over that would be suicide.

No! Not on SVT!:D

but honestly what motor can handle boost for a substantial amount of time.

SoooooppprraaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAA + pretty much any turbo car, foreign or domestic, stock for stock that is.

Blowers are really only on domestic applications.. They create more heat, since no current production car I can think of has a centri blower on it, let alone non intercooled, most manufacturers use roots which sits atop an already hot engine, and if i remember correctly, blows air through an intercooler POST throttlebody. I think the intercooler actually sits in coolant as well. It's no wonder they call them heatons, lol. :D

Users who are viewing this thread