17" True Forged "10th Anniversery" deep dish wheels

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just had these made to show you guys what they'd look like. this is THE closest you can get to a real deep dish wheel that looks like a 10th wheel. no assembly bolts on these (aka rivets) for a smooth look, just like on the real 10ths.

these are anthracite (glossy) with highly polished lips.

fronts are 17x8 and weigh 22.5lbs
rears are 17x10 and weigh 23.8lbs

the fronts will NOT clear brembos or any other big brakes. they'll baaarely clear the stock cobra brakes and you will have to do some slight grinding on the top of the caliper (wont hurt anything and you wont even see this).

im going to put them on my cobra this week to snap some pics.

ordering a brand new set of these, at low svtp member pricing, would cost you $2200 shipped. (not including the caps).

ill sell these for $2000 shipped and throw the center caps in free!
that's about a $300 savings! :beer:

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Last edited:

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
Damn those look really good and are almost a dead ringer for the real Mcoy ;-)

Any chance at making those in an 18" version? Are they a one piece rim or two piece? Could you do the assembly bolts in a three piece design? Sorry for the questions... you got me interested in these and I'd like to have a set :beer: I'm willing to bet if you made them in a 18" version you'd have quite a few people buying them.

Shannon

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Damn those look really good and are almost a dead ringer for the real Mcoy ;-)

Any chance at making those in an 18" version? Are they a one piece rim or two piece? Could you do the assembly bolts in a three piece design? Sorry for the questions... you got me interested in these and I'd like to have a set :beer: I'm willing to bet if you made them in a 18" version you'd have quite a few people buying them.

Shannon

yes, we can make them look EXACTLY the same in 18" but they'd be 18x9 18x10.

can we do the assembly bolts in a 3 piece design? :??: those are the bolts that go around the wheel. some people call them "rivets". on a 3 piece wheel theyre required because they hold the wheels together. 2 piece wheels are welded together so theyre optional and just for looks. i made these without the bolts so they'd look more like the 10th wheels. ive already sold a few sets of 3 piece 18" wheels that look exactly like these. ETW had them on his Torch Red 10th coupe. there are pics floating around of his car and its also on our myspace page myspace.com/trueforged

ill probably make a set just like this in 18" for you guys in the next few weeks. i had 18" tires but i let someone borrow them who i cant get ahold of now :poke:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
wow those look great. You can surely build some sick wheels. Do you make a 2 piece without rivet mach 5's?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
wow those look great. You can surely build some sick wheels. Do you make a 2 piece without rivet mach 5's?

yes. ive made a few sets of Mach 5s without rivets but most want 3 piece wheels so the rivets (bolts) are required. ANY of our wheel designs can be made in 2 piece with no assembly bolts (aka rivets)
here's a polished Mach 5 with no assembly bolts
IMG_8910Medium.jpg

and in anthracite with polished lips
IMG_8732Medium.jpg

+1

How much grinding on the brakes? Can you do these in just a polished finish?

it will be minimal. you can actually spin the wheel while its on as it just baaarely drags on the inside of the wheel. our wheels are fairly unique in that the drop section is on the rear of the wheel. this is where the brake caliper rubs. ill be putting these on my cobra this week and ill take some pics of how much grinding i have to do.

Last edited:

Black10thSVT

Established Member
Steve, If a set of 18's were made could the dish be chrome and the center part of the wheel be black. any idea what kind of price Id be looking at. Could you computer generate a set so I could see before I order. Dont know if you can do that or not.

bdenham

04 Cobra
Established Member
in 18's

Yeh, those wheels in 18" would be sweet. Would like to see some pics as well.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Steve, If a set of 18's were made could the dish be chrome and the center part of the wheel be black. any idea what kind of price Id be looking at. Could you computer generate a set so I could see before I order. Dont know if you can do that or not.

sure, we can make them with chrome lips but they'd have to be 3 piece which means you'd get the assembly bolts with them. you can leave those chrome or powdercoat them satin black to match the centers. no, no computer generating here but im sure someone could PS them for you if you asked nicely :beer:

wow i bet those would look killer on an oxford mustang.

cobraNhyee(?) has a set in flat anthracite with polished lips on his Ox. pics are on our myspace page
myspace.com/trueforged

pics will be coming this week. just been too busy to get on this. :read:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
here's a set of 3 piece 20" all satin black Turn 8s i recently did for a Lightning on here
IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9443.jpg

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
sorry it took so long for me to get back to this thread. i forgot about it. How much are some 18" mach 5's with a satin black center and chrome dish? If you can do that in 2 piece, if not how much is the difference for some 3 piece?

Also please post pics up of that L with those on it! Thats gonna look sick!!!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just some teaser pics. the wheels are on my car right now but its been raining and i didnt get a chance to wash it in the past few days it wasnt. plus, the powdercoating on my custom caps was too thick so im going to need to shave them a little so they'll fit nicely.

so here are some teaser pics till sunday (hopefully!)
IMG_0123Medium.jpg

IMG_0124Medium.jpg

IMG_0125Medium.jpg

since i havent rolled my rear fenders, we ended up doing the stock offset on the wheels. we can squeeze another .5" of lip out of these if we do the fender flush offset

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread