My 2000 GT On3Performance 4v B-head Turbo Build

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Okay guys so I know theres a ton of 0n3performance builds on the forums these days so im not gonna go into a ton of detail about the build unless requested. Im gonna post pictures of the project as I go just to show progress and numbers when they come.
Feel free to ask an questions or leave feedback. :shrug:
So far my brother and I have all the hotside mocked up and just waiting for some v-band gaskets to help seal everything. Gonna try and get the intercooler mounted with the cold side this week. Here are a couple pictures from my cell phone.

I posted this in the blower section but i figured since I have a B-head engine some people here may want to see as well.....

IMG00082-20100517-2208.jpg

The picture of the hotside is after i got them ceramic coated. Turned out pretty good and should help with heat near the front of then engine.
IMG00094-20100604-2333.jpg

The engine bay after tearing some parts off and before cleaning it up a little
IMG00089-20100530-1629.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg

The pipes would not fit with the sway bar in place so I removed it all together for now. Dont have time to fight with it right now but will most likely buy some low profile sway bar mounts later
IMAG0037.jpg

IMG00096-20100606-2118.jpg

IMAG0036-1.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

Want to say a big thanks to everyone that helped with any questions or problems I had leading up to this point. :beer:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Awesome! Out of curiosity what mods got you to 312 horse before everything?

Stock Mark VIII longblock w/ windage tray, imrc deletes, jlt cai, 90mm lightning maf, flowtech long tubes with off road x, magnaflow cat back, svt focus fuel pump, dyno tune with sniper special forces. I believe thats everything, it was a dyno jet but it surprised me :rockon:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I plan on spraying the wrap to seal it when I get back from Mustang Week. I'm running out of time because of delays so I went ahead and put all the piping on without spraying the wrap but ill pull it all apart in a couple months to clean it up.

elcobrita

Established Member
this is nice!, did you have any trouble witht the install? any fitment issues? any leaks?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
this is nice!, did you have any trouble witht the install? any fitment issues? any leaks?

Haha thanks:beer: what you see in the pictures is as far as I have gotten so far. This weekend hoping to get the turbo kit mostly all finished up. I will report back with any problems I have, so far just a little trouble the the pipe that goes through the drivers side a arm. Took some motivation from my brother and I to get it clamped into position, and as for the leaks I'm waiting on some v band gaskets now to help seal everything up to prevent leaks as much as I can

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the complements....got all my v band gaskets in today so I should have some progress to post about in the next couple days.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Hey guys, im in the middle of changing my fuel system to return style while doing the turbo install. My question is what fuel rails do you recommend? Im thinking UPR or aeromotive fuel rails, aeromotive A-1000 fpr and a walbro pump and filter w/ -8 line from the tank to the front. How much fuel line should i buy to run from a sump all the way to the front of the car? :shrug: Any help would be great :rockon:

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Alright guys, made some more progress this weekend... Got all the cold side installed except for the piece that goes to the throttle body since it has to be cut to fit. My brother made some intercooler brackets to mount the intercooler out of some really strong angled aluminum. Got a couple of the V-band gaskets i bought installed but had some trouble getting the two 2 1/2 connects back together once i un-clamped them to slide the gasket it. Had to fight with the pipes for awhile and used up alot of my time.
Hopefully I will be able to drop my stock fuel tank this week to get it over to our local fabrication shop (Top End Fabrication) to have the sump welded on and the MAF flange welded on as well.

PS. Anyone know how much fuel line i should order to run for the sump to the front of the car for a return style fuel system? :shrug:

IMG00105-20100613-2039.jpg

IMG00101-20100613-2038.jpg

IMG00106-20100613-2039.jpg

IMG00102-20100613-2038.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of the upper intercooler brackets. Very strong, intercooler doesnt move at all.
IMG00103-20100613-2038.gif

IMG00104-20100613-2039.gif

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Little update for everyone, been ordering all my fuel system parts and little odds and ends needed to finish everything up.
Waiting for my new Koni adj front struts so i can get the front suspension back together and start running the new return style fuel system.

Any suggestions on where to mount my fuel pressure reg.? I cant figure out a good place that will look clean and not require running fuel lines all over the place.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Update

All right guys, nothing major but have the intake pipe cut to the correct length and angle for the B head manifold. Also got the tank dropped to take it with the intake pipe to the local fabrication shop to have my sump welded on the stock tank and the MAF flange welded as well.
Got the turbo bracket bolted on and everything is very secure now.

Got all my fuel stuff finally ordered minus a couple fittings ill have to piece together as i install it.
Fuel system now consists of:
Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel Pump
Aeromotive A-1000 Fuel pressure regulator
Aeromotive Fuel rails
Russell Fuel Filter
Russell -8 Feed line
Russell -6 Return line
39lb 03/04 Cobra Factory Injectors

The fuel system is way overkill for my stock engine yes, but now all i have to do is upgrade injectors when the engine gets built. :banana:

Ill get some more pictures up this weekend when i get some more parts installed.

Users who are viewing this thread