My 2000 GT On3Performance 4v B-head Turbo Build

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Dont know what to do........

Okay guys so im bringing this thread back to get some opinions and ideas before i make my final decision. as many of you know i had my hood fly up and destroy my hood, windshield, wiper cowl and roof. As i was waiting for the car to go to the body shop to have the repair work done i managed to damage the short block.
So now i have a car that i have put a ton of money into and needs a ton of work for me to be happy and im stuck on what choice to make. I always figured i would have the car forever and just always work toward a final goal of some sort but the car is not in great shape for the amount of money i have invested in parts and i hate to keep on the same track to not be happy with my choice after spending another 20k and the car being worth 4. lol

Option A: buy a forged shortblock and stronger trans, and upgrade a couple small things and have a strong running car with alot more power, then spend alot more money repairing the body damage and ending with a fast car that still needs alot of work(as any project car will, understandable) and a full paint job for me to be happy with

Option B: take a huge hit and part the car out and use the money to put a down payment on an 03/04 cobra and start over with just minor mods instead of a full project car/ daily driver that my car is now.

Thanks for any ideas and or suggestions on what direction I should go.......

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Okay guys so im bringing this thread back to get some opinions and ideas before i make my final decision. as many of you know i had my hood fly up and destroy my hood, windshield, wiper cowl and roof. As i was waiting for the car to go to the body shop to have the repair work done i managed to damage the short block.
So now i have a car that i have put a ton of money into and needs a ton of work for me to be happy and im stuck on what choice to make. I always figured i would have the car forever and just always work toward a final goal of some sort but the car is not in great shape for the amount of money i have invested in parts and i hate to keep on the same track to not be happy with my choice after spending another 20k and the car being worth 4. lol

Option A: buy a forged shortblock and stronger trans, and upgrade a couple small things and have a strong running car with alot more power, then spend alot more money repairing the body damage and ending with a fast car that still needs alot of work(as any project car will, understandable) and a full paint job for me to be happy with

Option B: take a huge hit and part the car out and use the money to put a down payment on an 03/04 cobra and start over with just minor mods instead of a full project car/ daily driver that my car is now.

Thanks for any ideas and or suggestions on what direction I should go.......

Option C: Part your car, keep the turbo kit... Buy an sn95 thats built and throw on the turbo. less $ that a termi and the hard parts are already done.

For example...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ra-vortech-griggs-forged-motor-54k-miles.html

If you picked this car up, dumped the blower and put on the turbo...

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I don't want to buy a built car, it would be cheaper that way yes but older and usually less reliable, the reason for the 03 cobra is I would buy a stock one and keep it reliable while just doing small things.
I have spent to much time and money on my car to just buy another one of the same thing just with a built motor and no body damage. I can spend that much on mine and have it that much closer to what I want .

Keep the ideas coming though.... ill keep that idea in mind

harvboi05

Established Member
there is no way you buy an 03 cobra and only do two things to it. it always starts with a pulley and an intake and a tune.. then its the beginning of the end.

i think youd be happier with a turbo sn95 anyways. plus this car symbolizes your hard work and etc.. so stick with option A in my opinion. get urself a built short block. unless youre going to be racing the car, you wont need to get a badass transmission or clutch. you mentioned rocking a t56 right? get a stock 03/04 cobra clutch, keep the power to around 550 or so, and you wont brake parts. especially if the tires are spinning :rolling: youll just go thru clutches sooner. something like that.

insurance wont cover the body damage?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Your right that I won't be happy doing 2 things, but I can do small things and keep it reliable because of my starting platform,

I have another thread going trying to determine how much power I could make safely on pump gas but I would do a nice clutch when I through the 56 in there.

I will be doing some racing as I would continue to build it towards that but it is my daily so street car is currently number one priority.

I keep going back and forth because I have soo much time into the car but I do agree with you

harvboi05

Established Member
550whp, pump gas, 03/04 clutch, t56.. all seem to get a long pretty well to me, at least on paper.

the entire setup should be able to handle some mild abuse, but best of all, its reliable and streetable.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Yeah I'm kinda wanting around 600rwhp on pump if I can do it without too much trouble.
I have a buddy that can hook me up with a spec clutch and I will probably do a 26 spline input shaft just to be safe. Then that will only leave me with the stock rear and ill be all set, that is what my plan would be and why I keep going back to that option.

When I think of reliable I think of not tampering with a lot of things lol. My entire car as been modified or changed so something is always needing to be addressed or changed.

pacific4v

Established Member
I would be interested in the turbo kit, k-member and other turbo accesories if u decided to part it out. Pm me with a ballpark price to give me an idea

Users who are viewing this thread