H&R Springs Question

1strike

Established Member
Alright guys.......I've decided to go with H&R Springs but I'm trying to figure out which of the 3 types to go with

(1) H&R 03-04 Cobra Convertible Sport Spring Set

(2) H&R 03-04 Cobra Race Spring Set

(3) H&R 03-04 Cobra Sport Spring Set

what look differs from the 3??? And what the hell are Isos?? And do I need them????

Dawgstang

Established Member
If you have a coupe, go with the race springs. Isos are rubber rings that cushion the spring perch from any noise from the springs, you have a upper and lower per spring. They also control ride height slightly. I removed both Isos in the rear and left the upper only in the front. The car sits pretty level and has a good stance.

flaviosvt04

Whippled
Established Member
here's a pic
8A31059C-DCC4-4855-B263-711D82C33A84-8803-00000F1A21791583.jpg

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Isos are the rubber pieces on top and bottom of the springs. Both top n bottom add about 1/2" in height. Some just go with bottoms only but to maxamize the drop take them both out. I have never had noise or ride issues without them as some will say in either of my cobras, others keep them on do to bad roads in area.

10splaya22

Established Member
I have Race springs in my coupe and have the bottom isos in the front and both in the rear. At first I took all the rear iso's out but the exhaust was way too low for it to be driveable so I had to put them in

1strike

Established Member
thank you all for your feedback; i guess i'm asked out.....i always told myself that i would never buy a convertible. However, this convertible was too clean to pass up. 1 owner....20K miles on it.....immaculate. And from what I've read on American Muscle.....the only H&R springs that would fit are the ones fitted for convertibles.....and to my understanding.....those fitted for the convertibles ARE not the "Race" model which I heard look bad ass............soooooooooo, how good can my convertible look???

1strike

Established Member
I have Race springs in my coupe and have the bottom isos in the front and both in the rear. At first I took all the rear iso's out but the exhaust was way too low for it to be driveable so I had to put them in

So if I took out all the rear iso's in order to get that "suspension to the ground look"....are you saying the car is virtually non drivable across the board?? Or does that ultimately depend on the area you live in with pot holes and all that bullshit???

I'm asking because I absolutely love the cobra look from the rear with the exhaust low to the ground..........

MysticRob

Established Member
My sig and pic has the part # and shows height with both top and bottom isolators in both front and back. Hope it helps -- cheers!
BTW, I have a very steep driveway so left the iso's in for clearance -- if I take it at an angle I don't scrape anything (and I have full length subs on it). Oh, and my front dropped a bit more after this pic was taken, which was prior to driving it any distance and immediately after I put the springs on.

Last edited:

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
Im running H&R streets with maximum motorsport isolators. .. Will post pics.

Sent from a Competition Orange coupe

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member

Ya right, H&R sports sit lower and I never scrape, maybe alil on a sped bump but not driving. heres mine
099.jpg

photo-107.jpg

1strike

Established Member
Ya right, H&R sports sit lower and I never scrape, maybe alil on a sped bump but not driving. heres mine
099.jpg

photo-107.jpg

Alright man....sorry if I come off just a tad bit redundant......I just ordered my H&R springs last night off LethalPerformance.......I just want to clarify once more......I don't need any ISO's.....I'm good to go with just the spring set??? Of course I don't think my ride will look as sweet as yours being that mines is a vert......but I guess I have no choice.......thanks bro

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Alright man....sorry if I come off just a tad bit redundant......I just ordered my H&R springs last night off LethalPerformance.......I just want to clarify once more......I don't need any ISO's.....I'm good to go with just the spring set??? Of course I don't think my ride will look as sweet as yours being that mines is a vert......but I guess I have no choice.......thanks bro

Actually I think verts sit alil lower the coupes but no you dont need isos, if you want to use isos you can use ur stock ones that are going to come off your stock springs.

1strike

Established Member
Alright man....appreciate it. I'm going to go with no ISO's.......hoping I can get the look I'm going for.......thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread