Fays2 Watts link

Bulldogger

Established Member
Well, finally got around to installing it. Car prior on the street was pretty crappy as far as handling went. Acceleration around a corner with any type of dip or pothole on the road almost brought the ass around. Well not anymore. Plus at higher speeds say 120+ the car has great manners where you can comfortably change lanes, that front end float feeling is completely gone along with that ass puckering feeling. Install is easy about three hours with final adjustments. I will never drive a mustang again with a panhard bar setup.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Well, finally got around to installing it. Car prior on the street was pretty crappy as far as handling went. Acceleration around a corner with any type of dip or pothole on the road almost brought the ass around. Well not anymore. Plus at higher speeds say 120+ the car has great manners where you can comfortably change lanes, that front end float feeling is completely gone along with that ass puckering feeling. Install is easy about three hours with final adjustments. I will never drive a mustang again with a panhard bar setup.

Did you do Alum.? or steel?

R

moncho

Established Member
Sounds like you had a busy weekend. Congrats on the install and achieving better performance with the watts link.

Definately need to do some reading on the watts link.

Cheers,
Ray

NuclearPower

Established Member
Is this the one that mounts to a new diff cover or only connects with the 2 links?

Which 'hole' did you mount on? Any difference just driving down the road?

Bulldogger

Established Member
Is this the one that mounts to a new diff cover or only connects with the 2 links?

Which 'hole' did you mount on? Any difference just driving down the road?

FAYS2 doesn't mount to the cover check out the link. Set in middle setting, Big difference in normal driving, handling and launching. Every reaction is up and down no more being tossed to right and left from the panhard bar.

Carlos c

Established Member
I was looking at the aluminum kit they make for Shelby ($1049). Wonder how the Fays2 compares to the one from Griggs.....

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

I was looking at the aluminum kit they make for Shelby ($1049). Wonder how the Fays2 compares to the one from Griggs.....

Griggs Watts link is completely different and doesn't attach around the axle. The Griggs Watts link allows you to increase and decrease oversteer on the watts link plate which is attached to the diff housing. I've drive both and have racers that have used both in road racing.

All of them have decreased lap times with the Griggs System. Griggs is great for the street or track.

They are different Watts link systems entirely.

Van

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I was looking at the aluminum kit they make for Shelby ($1049).

With the SPP sales from time to time @ 10%-15% off, every little bit helps.

64804-1.jpg

R

Bulldogger

Established Member
With the SPP sales from time to time @ 10%-15% off, every little bit helps.

64804-1.jpg

R

You know the aluminum setup is only 2lbs lighter then the steel. Being it costs $4-500 bucks more, it would be cheaper to just skip lunch that day to save the whopping two pounds:D

Bulldogger

Established Member
Griggs Watts link is completely different and doesn't attach around the axle. The Griggs Watts link allows you to increase and decrease oversteer on the watts link plate which is attached to the diff housing. I've drive both and have racers that have used both in road racing.

All of them have decreased lap times with the Griggs System. Griggs is great for the street or track.

They are different Watts link systems entirely.

Van

Van you can adjust the FAYS2 watts link also for oversteer/understeer. It has 3 positions, may not be as adjustable as griggs but it is adjustable.

Van@RevanRacing

Van you can adjust the FAYS2 watts link also for oversteer/understeer. It has 3 positions, may not be as adjustable as griggs but it is adjustable.

Cool.

Here's a pic of the Griggs Watts Link.

The right Arm attaches at the Panhard Bar Location and the Left Bar attaches to a weld in Point opposite the Panhard bar. This allows for better lateral load distribution. The plate is adjusted up and down for oversteer and understeer.

Also notice the bar that goes from left to right just above the watts link plate. This provides additional stability and rigidity. So much so you don't need a rear sway bar.

In black you'll see a rear anti-roll bar and that is a fine tuning point when racing.

Van

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Cool.

Here's a pic of the Griggs Watts Link.

The right Arm attaches at the Panhard Bar Location and the Left Bar attaches to a weld in Point opposite the Panhard bar. This allows for better lateral load distribution. The plate is adjusted up and down for oversteer and understeer.

Also notice the bar that goes from left to right just above the watts link plate. This provides additional stability and rigidity. So much so you don't need a rear sway bar.

In black you'll see a rear anti-roll bar and that is a fine tuning point when racing.

Van

If I ever hit the lotto Im giving you a call and a blank check. :lol: :banana:

Van@RevanRacing

Van, is the sway bar on that car the Grigg's unit? I suppose that is the only one that would work with that watt's link. Hmmmm... when is the Grigg's sale? :-D

Yes, that is the Griggs Rear Anti-Roll Bar and it will only work on a Griggs Chassis and the changes in the Griggs Watts Link negate the OEM Sway bar or the need for it. The Anti-Roll bar is more of a fine tuning point and I've got a number of customers running open track without the anti-roll bar.

Sale.........hmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread