FORE Precision Hood Vents

Ford2ner

Established Member
Looking to get rid of my FORE Precision hood vents for the stock termi hood since i got an H.O. Fibertrends for my car. They are in perfect condition and are black. Can send pics if needed but they look no different from all of the others.. Looking to get $150 shipped. Thanks.

nycarpenter

Established Member
How's the new hood? I figure the least you could have done was contact me last week as promised. Did Brandon get his money for the hood you shipped with these vents in it that was damaged by fedex? I had agreed to buy them from Brandon for $150 prior to the shipping fiasco.....

Last edited:

Ford2ner

Established Member
Last edited:

nycarpenter

Established Member

Ford2ner

Established Member
Just got off the phone with them and said its under investigation and they received my claim form so they said it will be resolved in 5-7 business days.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Just got off the phone with them and said its under investigation and they received my claim form so they said it will be resolved in 5-7 business days.

I just find it amusing that I offered to buy these for the same $$$ and you never got back with me. I said I'll take the vents and give Brandon the money as he technically owns the vents and the hood and he has nothing and your selling the vent the struts and still getting the insurance $$$ from fedex for everything. You bought your new hood with the $$$ he paid you for your damaged hood and now he sits and waits while you sell the salvage parts??

Ford2ner

Established Member
I'm not made of money.. I can't afford to just give him back 480 until I get some cash flow my way unless I put it on my credit card.. But after talking to FedEx again and them telling me 5-7 business days to be resolved hopefully I will get the money back to send him.. So in the meantime I am selling some spare parts to send him money back.. What would you do in this situation?

nycarpenter

Established Member
I'm not made of money.. I can't afford to just give him back 480 until I get some cash flow my way unless I put it on my credit card.. But after talking to FedEx again and them telling me 5-7 business days to be resolved hopefully I will get the money back to send him.. So in the meantime I am selling some spare parts to send him money back.. What would you do in this situation?

What would I do? I would take care of my buyer as it is not his fault the hood was damaged and never made it to his home. You do not have the right to sell parts that he paid for unless the $$$ are going direct to him or he has been paid the $480 owed. Maybe I'm just old school :shrug:

nycarpenter

Established Member
All I know was there was very much a deal in place and you go and post here to sell what in not rightfully yours. You take care of business before moving onto the next deal. Once Brandon is paid back the parts are yours to sell. This is a slap in the face as I sent him to you to buy the hood and struts and I would take the vents from him for $150.00 as he did not want them and I did.

Last edited:

Ford2ner

Established Member
What do you want me to do pull money out of my ass?the hood is obviously damaged and he isnt going to want it. I am going to pay him the money.. I offered to ship you the vents last night and you could've gave him the 150 then I'd owe him 330 but you said you'd pass.. He will get his money..

Last edited:

89slowgt331

Established Member
Hey
I just wanted to chime in. I am Brandon that bought the hood with the vents and struts. I had my hood Latch fail and my hood hit my windshield. I was trying to fix my car to make it to the Woodward cruise last weekend and bought the hood. When derek shipped it it made it all the way to Michigan and got damaged. Derek. Was fast to ship it and I do not blame him at all.

I was going to sell Ny carpenter. The vents to help pay for when I get the hood and bumper repainted. I am a stay at home dad of a budget and was hoping to make it to the track and a few car shows before it snows but now I am waiting for a refund and need to find another hood.

Ford2ner

Established Member
I understand your situation I would be scared as balls if I gifted $500 to a random person. But I live by the "Golden Rule". I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me so I'm not going to do it to you. FedEx said I just have to show them proof of the value of the hood and that is the main determination, when straight from ford I know it is way more than the $500.

nycarpenter

Established Member
What do you want me to do pull money out of my ass?the hood is obviously damaged and he isnt going to want it. I am going to pay him the money.. I offered to ship you the vents last night and you could've gave him the 150 then I'd owe him 330 but you said you'd pass.. He will get his money..

I purchased a set after waiting over a week for an answer from you. Let's not twist the facts.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I understand your situation I would be scared as balls if I gifted $500 to a random person. But I live by the "Golden Rule". I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me so I'm not going to do it to you. FedEx said I just have to show them proof of the value of the hood and that is the main determination, when straight from ford I know it is way more than the $500.

Good afternoon,

Tell you what, how about you refund him his money immediately and you wait for the claim money?

How's that sound?

I would like it very much if you would please make that happen.
ASAP

Thank you very much.

89slowgt331

Established Member
Good afternoon,

Tell you what, how about you refund him his money immediately and you wait for the claim money?

How's that sound?

I would like it very much if you would please make that happen.
ASAP

Thank you very much.

Thank you svtp,jimmy, nycarpenter,And Derek. I received a full refund today and will be looking for another hood. I just wanted it to be known that Derek gave me a great deal on a mint hood and the vents fed ex was the problem damaging the hood and I would do business with him again. I wish I had the hood on my car and nycarpenter had the vents but fate kicked my butt this month. Good luck with your sale:beer:

turbotrail93

6 speed king!
Established Member
Man, sure is nice to see that the purchaser of the hood was such a good sport realizing the one selling the hood was not responsibile. Then you always have SVTP's finest trying to make a bad name for someone when they shouldn't even really have a say so. Sounds like NYcarpenter counted his chickens before they hatched on some hood vents, and blamed the seller rather than Fedex.

The hood is currently in my garage being stored until investigation is completed and is trashed, you wouldn't have wanted it man, sucks it didn't work out. I hope you find another good deal.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Man, sure is nice to see that the purchaser of the hood was such a good sport realizing the one selling the hood was not responsibile. Then you always have SVTP's finest trying to make a bad name for someone when they shouldn't even really have a say so. Sounds like NYcarpenter counted his chickens before they hatched on some hood vents, and blamed the seller rather than Fedex.

The hood is currently in my garage being stored until investigation is completed and is trashed, you wouldn't have wanted it man, sucks it didn't work out. I hope you find another good deal.

NYCARPENTER could care less about the vents :) I was offered these and passed. They are vents for god sakes not rare diamonds :) Stick with the facts guys....

Last edited:

Ford2ner

Established Member
Keep in mind all of the texts I got about them from him and declined offer after he purchased another set. Anyways situation is handled, now trying to recuperate some funds back just incase FedEx screws me.. Ttt

Users who are viewing this thread