00R Brembo kit installed

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Just installed the 00R Brembo kit.. Install time was roughly 3 hours with an extra set of hands, taking it slow..

I had a couple of problems after i buttoned everything up..
1) The SS line on passenger side was rubbing on the wheel. (Zip tied the line)
2) The supplied clamp in the 00R kit was loose and was clanking on the freeway.(Replaced with clamp with the stock clamp)

The kit was complete and the install was self explanatory.. I decided to go with the galfer pads that were pre loaded.. The calipers fit nicely under the stock 03 wheels.

The pedal feels a bit more precise and a pad change is two bolts away...:thumbsup:
Snapped a couple quick pics..
234234.jpg

P7060064.jpg

P7060079.jpg

OmahaStang

Established Member
noob

Not to sound like a NOOB but what did/does that kit include? Also whats the going price on the kit?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Now I see what you were so busy with yesterday... nice. Should have been there last night, 04Cobra13 and I got are asses handed to us by an LS3 Corvette with full exhaust, intake and tune. Could have used some twin screw help for that one :burnout:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Now I see what you were so busy with yesterday... nice. Should have been there last night, 04Cobra13 and I got are asses handed to us by an LS3 Corvette with full exhaust, intake and tune. Could have used some twin screw help for that one :burnout:
Aww man, you don't know the half of it.. My car was on jackstands until 9pm..
The fronts were cake but i had big problems removing my spacers so that ate up a ton of time...

I was close to going but it just sounded disorganized with too many spectators.:shrug: I'm more of a ninja.:coolman: My scene is low key..:dancenana:

Do you guys have that doods info or could you set something up? I'll roll out for a full exhaust LS3 and or a C6Z...

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I was close to going but it just sounded disorganized with too many spectators... Do you guys have that doods info or could you set something up?
Well... it was, so we and a small group of us just left to go play. Anyway the guy is on LS1tech, I'll see if I can find him for you.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Not to sound like a NOOB but what did/does that kit include? Also whats the going price on the kit?
model number: M-2300-X
Includes: BREMBO 4 PISTON CALIPERS, ROTORS, BRAKE LINES AND HARDWARE
Can be had for roughly $1200

Last edited:

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I want the same setup....where did you buy from and what did it end up costing you?
My wife picked it up as a gift from Race Technologies. One of her employees is related to the owner.. She got like a 40% discount, i believe the kit retails for like $1500 but it could be had elsewhere for as low as $12xx..

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Remember to bed in the pads.
Once you do, there are not very many street tires that can handle the brake torque you now have. You will be tripping the ABS rather easily.

A stickier tire like a Falken Azenis 615 will really show you what you now have.
The repeatability, assuming you have fresh brake fluid when trying, is greatly improved also.

I love mine!

MSRH2006CD038.jpg

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I always thought that kit needed 18 inch wheels to fit? or am i looking at your wheels wrong, they look like 17inchers to me??

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Remember to bed in the pads.
Once you do, there are not very many street tires that can handle the brake torque you now have. You will be tripping the ABS rather easily.

A stickier tire like a Falken Azenis 615 will really show you what you now have.
The repeatability, assuming you have fresh brake fluid when trying, is greatly improved also.

I love mine!

MSRH2006CD038.jpg

Thanks Jimmy.:beer:
That's the first thing i did.:rockon:
According to brembo's instructions of 30 3 second stops @ varying speeds with at least a half a mile in between.. Sucker took me close to 30 miles to bed them in..:eek::rolling:

i'm running nitto's in the front and nitto DRs in the rear right now..

Blk98Slobra

Established Member
The 00R kit just needs 17" wheels. Most 17x9 wheels will fit them, except Bullitts. 98 cobra wheels will also clear the brembo caliper. Now if you upgrade to a 14" kit, I believe you need 18's

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
I always thought that kit needed 18 inch wheels to fit? or am i looking at your wheels wrong, they look like 17inchers to me??
nope.. Those are the 17 inch stockers.. They're snug but fit nicely..
I've read it depends on the wheel... Like someone said 18 inch SSRs wont fit..

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Bedding the brakes was key to allowing these type of brakes to really shine. As stated, the ABS kicks in a whole more with aftermarket stuff installed!:beer:
Looks great!

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr,

Where in the world can I get a good set of these. I'm guessing that all I need is the calipers & attaching hardware right... ? This is for my 04 COBRA.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is an awesome looking and quality setup there. Have you noticed a huge difference overall on the street?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr,

Where in the world can I get a good set of these. I'm guessing that all I need is the calipers & attaching hardware right... ? This is for my 04 COBRA.

If you have fairly new rotors and feel you don't need an extra pair for the front, you can try calling these guys... (during the day) and ask if they still have any of the Brembo Cobra R or Focus RS calipers left separately http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/index.php?cPath=6

You could also ask Lethal http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-main/category-16_240/03-04-svt-cobra-brakes.html

Perhaps Stoptech has a caliper by itself that will work.

If none pan out, you could always sell the pieces that are a duplication.

Users who are viewing this thread