Where's the Whine?

greengt88

Established Member
Who the hell wants a blower that's quieter than the factory one?? Other than old men, that don't want drone in their exhaust. Isn't that half of the point? Why can't whipple or KB or lysholm make a loud blower for us? Yeah they are efficient that's great but other than the power limited eaton or a used ,probably damged 2.2, we are out of luck. Do these companies not care? It almost makes me want to go to a centrifugal. Anybody else feel them same? We should atleast have a loud or quiet option. if i have 600+ horse i want to hear it.

spidartanks

Established Member
i love the 2.2
i want more power so im going to get a 2.8H Mammoth.....There IS some whine to this blower isn't there? atleast comparable to stock?

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Totally agree OP. Vortech makes the V2 with helical cut gears for guys wanting a quiet blower, and they still offer the original V1 with straight cut gears for the guys that like their blowers loud.

Why can't KB and Whipple come up with something similar?

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
Agreed with OP, but a ported and pullied eaton screams pretty good imo.. (not good enough, but not bad either)

Black Sex

Established Member
I was kinda dissapointed at this when I did my Whipple 2.3. It has a louder whine at idle and cruising at low speed that it does at WOT with a load on it. People say they get louder the faster you spin them.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I wouldnt mind my whipple being louder in the cabin of the car but even if it were louder my longtubes, off road x, and magnaflow catback at WOT would pretty much drown it out anyway.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Does this thread get the ricer of the month award?

Blowers are made for power not whine.

this is true .. but if this were the only reason then no one would care about having an old version kb blower, the 2.2. whine is half the fun imo

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Why cant we have power and whine?? doesnt make it ricer at all....700+hp screaming and whining down the road adds to the experience, same thing as adding exhaust to your car to make it sound better, is that ricer? If you dont want sound go drive a electric car, if you want quite and speed...go buy the tesla electric car. If you want a loud ass brutal mustang with a whining blower then we should have that option from KB and whipple.

cobracide

Established Member
Maybe "blower whine" and efficiency are mutually exclusive. "Blower whine" is an enticing side effect but not a consideration in determining what I want to do with my car. Stick with a ported Eaton or KB 2.2 if it means that much to you. I would find it amusing that someone limits themselves in such a manner for the sake of sound.

Last edited:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
This is probably the reason why the KB 2.2 is the most sought after blower. Does anyone else notice all the people looking for a 2.2 in the market section? Whenever someone put one up for sale it is like a feeding frenzy!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I have to agree with GodStang. I didn't spend 3K on a Whipple, and bunch more on supporting mods, for the noise it makes. I spent it to go FAST.

LOL

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
This is probably the reason why the KB 2.2 is the most sought after blower. Does anyone else notice all the people looking for a 2.2 in the market section? Whenever someone put one up for sale it is like a feeding frenzy!

Well said. I picked mine up within 30 minutes of the posting.

Users who are viewing this thread