Where's the Whine?

old ford guy

Established Member
Hold on there GreenGT !!!!!!!!

I'm pretty damn old and loud blower whine is my caffeine everymorning !!!!!!

Louder the better !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I feel better now !!!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The new KB 3.6 comes with straight cut gears and is supposed to sound like an older Centrifugal blower at idle.

I think if companies made both people would at least have a chance to choose what they wanted.

I would rather have the quiet supercharger myself even if there was a choice.

GodStang

Established Member
This is probably the reason why the KB 2.2 is the most sought after blower. Does anyone else notice all the people looking for a 2.2 in the market section? Whenever someone put one up for sale it is like a feeding frenzy!

The 2.2L is by no means the most sough after blower. Its the most sought after blower that is no longer made yes but most sought after over all no. The reason you do not see want ads for the bigger blowers as much in the market section is cause you can go get a 2.3L, 2.6L, 2.8L, and 3.4L new anywhere.

You want your bigger blowers to make more noise add a bigger inlet and change your CAI to a RAI. When I had to do this for more power my blower got 10x as loud.

greengt88

Established Member
tha's pretty much all i am saying, they should atleast give us a choice like vortech does. i'm going to wait on getting a new blower til someone starts making a loud one. Anybody know what the new Vortech VTS sounds like under WOT?? Waiting for that to come out should compare well to whipple and kb. i'll buy a used 2.2 but that seems to be quite a crap shoot. How much is it to rebuild a 2.2? Will they even do that anymore?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
“Speak softly and carry a big stick."
[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Stick_ideology]Big Stick ideology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Most power with the least IT2 heat/boost. I purposely chose the 2.3 Whipple for this reason.

It still whines plenty for me even with a 3.50 upper and stock lower, I think the high boost 12" JLT cold air helps a lot with that.

If you ignore the fly over sounds and other car sounds you can hear it in the video link in my sig.

The loudest whine is just a form of bluster IMHO.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
“Speak softly and carry a big stick."
Big Stick ideology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most power with the least IT2 heat/boost. I purposely chose the 2.3 Whipple for this reason.

It still whines plenty for me even with a 3.50 upper and stock lower, I think the high boost 12" JLT cold air helps a lot with that.

If you ignore the fly over sounds and other car sounds you can hear it in the video link in my sig.

The loudest whine is just a form of bluster IMHO.

Well said, but I'm more of a fan of [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_and_awe]Shock and awe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] :coolman:

GodStang

Established Member
tha's pretty much all i am saying, they should atleast give us a choice like vortech does. i'm going to wait on getting a new blower til someone starts making a loud one. Anybody know what the new Vortech VTS sounds like under WOT?? Waiting for that to come out should compare well to whipple and kb. i'll buy a used 2.2 but that seems to be quite a crap shoot. How much is it to rebuild a 2.2? Will they even do that anymore?

Google the old whipples. They sound 100% like that. Both the pre2005 whipples and Vortechs both are the same. I for the life of me can not remember what they sound like.

Users who are viewing this thread