head cooling mod, worth it?

lgonz051

Established Member
i Spoke to SVT and they said all cobra 2004 and 2003 with the blue stripe have the revised head with sufficient cooling capacities. How ever i still hear the cooling mods such as LDC, apten, and lightningforcerperformance sells one. Is it worth to do? If so, which would be the best one?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Any head cooling mod > buying something from LFP, even if NASA designed it!

I don't have a head cooling mod but many people swear by them.

look into a killer chiller as well.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i Spoke to SVT and they said all cobra 2004 and 2003 with the blue stripe have the revised head with sufficient cooling capacities. How ever i still hear the cooling mods such as LDC, apten, and lightningforcerperformance sells one. Is it worth to do? If so, which would be the best one?

That is false information you got. The revised head with improved cooling capacity wasn't released until January of 2005. Product of 2004 Cobras ended way before that. And the blue stripe has nothing to do with the heads being factory or an intermediate revision. That was a rumor that was proven to be false. I believe the person you talked to is confused by a first revision head that was supposed to fix the tick issue. It didn't. The ONLY head that will prevent the tick issue is the 01/2005 head. Here is a link for more info. Blue Stripe Rumor

Call Lethal Performance about the Evan Heading Cooling Mod. Talk to Jared.

cobracide

Established Member
Has any head cooling mod ever been proven to prevent the the tic? Or, how about the converse - has anyone whom has done a head cooling mod developed the tic?

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
It is worth it if the blower is off the car...it's a PITA to install with the blower on the car...
I put one on mine when I went TS...

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
If the blowers off and anyone doesnt do it, they're crazy.

Whether its proven to stop damage or not, IDK. But it DEFINTITELY transfers coolant better to the back side of the head.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have the gen 1 even flow, I put it on when I went twin screw.
Original pistons all still intact and same for exhaust valve guides, no tick.

In case you may not have heard the car gets run hard and run pretty hot sometimes.

There is no test evidence that screams "PUT THIS MOD ON!"

The mod does move more coolant though the head, that's what I wanted and that's good enough for me.

People that are not leaning on the equipment could probably opt out but it certainly isn't a waste of money.
At the very least it's cheap insurance and a way to suppress combustion chamber hot spot detonation.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Guys... Please don't call SVT and expect to get anyone more qualified than a sales rep. You are not going to be transferred to the skunk works or Jack Roush's office. The people on that phone have been giving out half assed info for years. Ask or PM someone here who appears to have some experience and knowledge.

I can't believe we are here reading on 2/27/2010 another "blue stripe on the head thread":nonono::bash:

Sorry I guess there are a lot of new owners to the Terminator community... I guess I had better just get used to lots of old issues getting rehashed.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Sorry I guess there are a lot of new owners to the Terminator community... I guess I had better just get used to lots of old issues getting rehashed.

I've notcied this ALOT over the past year or so..... with the economy downturn perhaps some have dumped the car, and we have a whole new customer base to inform. :shrug: :beer:

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I've notcied this ALOT over the past year or so..... with the economy downturn perhaps some have dumped the car, and we have a whole new customer base to inform. :shrug: :beer:

:uh oh::uh oh::uh oh:

Just a heads up, any question you see from me will probably annoy someone as I am a newbie to all of this.

I am trying to read as much as I can on old posts and use the search engine as much as possible, but sometimes you just cannot find what you are looking for, or need it explained better.

Back to the topic on hand.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
:uh oh::uh oh::uh oh:

Just a heads up, any question you see from me will probably annoy someone as I am a newbie to all of this.

I am trying to read as much as I can on old posts and use the search engine as much as possible, but sometimes you just cannot find what you are looking for, or need it explained better.

Back to the topic on hand.

:beer:

racebronco2

Established Member

The person you talked to was correct about the head revision but he was talking about the head revision from the previous years compared to the 03/04 heads. Jimmy is correct that the person was not the one to ask, it seemed like he did have knowledge about the heads but not on the tsb.

Users who are viewing this thread