Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Gotta love the Corn! :rockon: :banana::dancenana:
4955824218_8dd305144d_z.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Kevin, a suggestion.
You should add a page to your web site dedicated just to what you have done or what is needed or recommended in order to get on board with E85 as at least one of your fuels.

I have thought about it but I would want a flex fuel set up in case I am out of town and can't get Corn squeezins, I could just flip the tune and fill up with 93.
Provided nearly all of the E85 had been burned out.

Thoughts??:shrug:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Kevin, a suggestion.
You should add a page to your web site dedicated just to what you have done or what is needed or recommended in order to get on board with E85 as at least one of your fuels.

I have thought about it but I would want a flex fuel set up in case I am out of town and can't get Corn squeezins, I could just flip the tune and fill up with 93.
Provided nearly all of the E85 had been burned out.

Thoughts??:shrug:
I will have to work on something like that Jimmy. It's really not all that difficult to learn once you understand it.

You can easily make 2 tunes for your car. I just tuned SVT03Chris' car for 91 and E85 for the same reasons you mention.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
It was $2.2x something today in St. Louis, I'm leaning very hard towards switching. I'm on a stock, well Stage 4 Steggy port. Would running E-85 be worth the gains on a stock eaton?
I'm not in it for the gas mileage, obviously I bought a Cobra and its not my daily driver. Just thinking about the advantages of it makes me want to go ahead and bump up the fuel system!
93 Pump isn't bad but sure isn't putting out the numbers the corn does

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It was $2.2x something today in St. Louis, I'm leaning very hard towards switching. I'm on a stock, well Stage 4 Steggy port. Would running E-85 be worth the gains on a stock eaton?
I'm not in it for the gas mileage, obviously I bought a Cobra and its not my daily driver. Just thinking about the advantages of it makes me want to go ahead and bump up the fuel system!
93 Pump isn't bad but sure isn't putting out the numbers the corn does
Yes. It would be worth it to run on any forced induction car. Just the cooling from the Ethanol is worth it by itself! Not to mention all the other benefits.

You don't have to worry about detonation and can run a much more agressive tune.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Yes. It would be worth it to run on any forced induction car. Just the cooling from the Ethanol is worth it by itself! Not to mention all the other benefits.

You don't have to worry about detonation and can run a much more agressive tune.

Hmmm.... I hate having those things/thoughts/ideas that make me go HMMMMM haha.

SO I should need bigger injectors and dual pumps to go along with the KB BAP I already have correct?

Sorry to jump your thread like this Sleeper but you seem to be the man and know your stuff!

I know I have stock injectors now and will be looking into the fuel pumps next time I have it off the ground.

One more thing, what is that website that you use to find E-85 stations? I know of one local but haven't seen many more around.

GodStang

Established Member
I went to get gas to take the cobra to the shop to get the return system installed and I checked prices and e85 was $1.99 so still not bad. I will be running an e85 and 93 octane tune and swap between the two.

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Hmmm.... I hate having those things/thoughts/ideas that make me go HMMMMM haha.

SO I should need bigger injectors and dual pumps to go along with the KB BAP I already have correct?
If you still want to stay returnless. It really depends on your HP goals. I still have my returnless set up but I would go return if I ever wanted more power. I am currently running a Fore Hat, Twin GT Pumps, Dual FPDM's, BAP, Wiring Upgrade, -8 line to the rails, 80# injectors.

Sorry to jump your thread like this Sleeper but you seem to be the man and know your stuff!

I know I have stock injectors now and will be looking into the fuel pumps next time I have it off the ground.
I recommend on setting your goals for your car before moving on. It can't hurt to go a little overboard when it comes to your fuel system.

One more thing, what is that website that you use to find E-85 stations? I know of one local but haven't seen many more around.
Gas Prices - Find The Lowest Gas Prices Near You at Mapquest! Including BioDiesel and E85 stations.

Just select E85 from the drop down menu and type in your city. :thumbsup:

I went to get has to take the cobra to the shop to get the return system installed and I checked prices and e85 was $1.99 so still not bad. I will be running an e85 and 93 octane tune and swap between the two.
Awesome Josh! Can't wait to see what she will do.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
If you still want to stay returnless. It really depends on your HP goals. I still have my returnless set up but I would go return if I ever wanted more power. I am currently running a Fore Hat, Twin GT Pumps, Dual FPDM's, BAP, Wiring Upgrade, -8 line to the rails, 80# injectors.

I recommend on setting your goals for your car before moving on. It can't hurt to go a little overboard when it comes to your fuel system.

Yeah I understand and appreciate your time and replies.
I wish I could come up with a horsepower goal, its all becoming so addicting. If you can't tell I am new to the Cobra game, I've been into cars forever but never had a fast one of my own that I could work on and build up like this.

Honestly I don't even know what some of those parts are, Fore Hat and FPDM's and what a -8 line is. I've seen a Fore Hat I think? Haha. Sorry for now knowing...

Sweet I found some other stations around the county as well!

TRBO VNM

Freaking BS. I do a search and there are two. Both over an hour away. What kind of horsesh!t is that in our nations Capitol.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Honestly I don't even know what some of those parts are, Fore Hat and FPDM's and what a -8 line is. I've seen a Fore Hat I think? Haha. Sorry for now knowing...!
A Fore Fuel Hat is a billet fuel hat that replaces the factory fuel hat and is set up for aftermarket (larger) pumps. It comes with upgraded wiring and fuel outlets as well.

FPDM's are Fuel Pump Driver Modules. I added an extra factory FPDM to handle the extra load of the (Ford GT) fuel pumps.

The -8 line refers to a larger diameter fuel line that I ran from the Fore Fuel Hat to the fuel rails.

04 Sleeper can you pm me a list of whats needed to go E85 and who in texas would be able to tune.
PM sent.

I still can`t believe we don`t have this here yet.
Hopefully soon Brad. :thumbsup:

Freaking BS. I do a search and there are two. Both over an hour away. What kind of horsesh!t is that in our nations Capitol.
LOL. You would think they would be all over up there!

Buy it by the barrel...
:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread