sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Ive been reading that once the weight and the stock bushings from the diff
have been removed an replaced with ones from kits like this one
the gear noise will become louder.
my question is how much louder ???
I just did the install and its definetly louder
someone told me it sounds like bad gears (wasnt there before install)
should i rip it open? im thinkin i will just for a reason to put fresh fluid in.
anyone who has done this (how much louder?)

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
It's louder but my exhaust is so loud I barely notice the difference. Plus when I took the car apart to do the install it was 6 months later before I had it back together. So maybe I just don't remember. Haha

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Has no one corrected their pinon angle with brace???????????
I just wanna know how much louder the gear noise is?????????
Cause i think mine is excessive and might have problems
feedback???????? Anyone???????????

Teej281

Established Member
Dude, relax. I have the bushings. The aluminum diff mounts Make lots of interior noise. If you're worried that bad take a vid and post it. Mine are reasonably loud. But it just sounds like gears working.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
Dude, relax. I have the bushings. The aluminum diff mounts Make lots of interior noise. If you're worried that bad take a vid and post it. Mine are reasonably loud. But it just sounds like gears working.

I will make a vid ...........
is your noise steady? come and go ?

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
I heard today that these cars are known to have the pinion bearing wear out?
anytruth to that?

Im only hearing it on coasting and very light throttle(thats making me think there is somethin wrong)

black 10th vert

Established Member
I know what what you mean, as mine got WAY louder! The funny thing is that I drove it for several weeks this season without ever noticing any increased noise, but that was because I always had the top down! One night I put the top up because my wife and kids were complaining they were cold, and my wife was asking why the car sounded like that. I noticed that it was mainly an issue of resonance when droning along in higher gears. If I dropped to 3rd, or 4th on the highway under acceleration it wasn't quite as annoying, but I suppose then the increase in exhaust tone drowned out some of it. I plan to pull the interior this winter, and Dynamat the whole damn thing. From what I have read in similar threads, that seems to be the answer to getting the stock type noise levels back without resorting to backstepping and putting stock bushings back in.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
I know what what you mean, as mine got WAY louder! The funny thing is that I drove it for several weeks this season without ever noticing any increased noise, but that was because I always had the top down! One night I put the top up because my wife and kids were complaining they were cold, and my wife was asking why the car sounded like that. I noticed that it was mainly an issue of resonance when droning along in higher gears. If I dropped to 3rd, or 4th on the highway under acceleration it wasn't quite as annoying, but I suppose then the increase in exhaust tone drowned out some of it. I plan to pull the interior this winter, and Dynamat the whole damn thing. From what I have read in similar threads, that seems to be the answer to getting the stock type noise levels back without resorting to backstepping and putting stock bushings back in.

I know what your saying,Top down down dont hear anything,top up WHIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEE,in higher gears coasting an light throttle

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
This is why I commented long ago how I would not consider installing a kit like this. I knew it would be a headache.:nonono: The only thing you can do is dynamat it or go back to poly bushings which are better than stock. It's a shame that you need to make such a big tradeoff to get your car to handle like an import. Out of curiosity, and be totally honest, is there a big difference in the handling of the car? Or is it a placebo effect?

xXSnakeBiteXx

Established Member
I have been liking my kit less and less as time goes by. when I first installed it like your saying my rear was super loud let it slide for a month or two but it got worse. I pulled the rear and found out I had a bad bearing. Now noise is reasonable but I have the best grease money can buy pumped through the a arms and shit they will not stfu. My car sounds like a piece of shit going down the road. still wheel hops still breaks half shafts, handles a little better and makes so much noise im about to throw a stick axel in it. I plan on writing a full review of this product soon ive had it over a year now and theres some things I would like people to hear.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have been liking my kit less and less as time goes by. when I first installed it like your saying my rear was super loud let it slide for a month or two but it got worse. I pulled the rear and found out I had a bad bearing. Now noise is reasonable but I have the best grease money can buy pumped through the a arms and shit they will not stfu. My car sounds like a piece of shit going down the road. still wheel hops still breaks half shafts, handles a little better and makes so much noise im about to throw a stick axel in it. I plan on writing a full review of this product soon ive had it over a year now and theres some things I would like people to hear.

I wonder why your well greased bushings are making so much noise when so many others are not?:shrug:

My wheel hop completely stopped, and I am not on drag radials.

Sorry to hear you are having these issues.

black 10th vert

Established Member

If your arms are making noise, it is very likely that they were either not installed properly, or the shimming was not done correctly. If the flanges are not parallel, then they will bind, so I would take some time to set that stuff up before blaming the kit as a whole. It is very well made, but it is ultimately up to the installer to be sure that the tolerances are correct with the existing components. The increased noise from the rear is definitely something you have to work around, because the solid mounts will transmit the gear noise to the chassis no matter what. The only way around that is through sound deadening materials. If you still have wheelhop, chances are that it is related to your springs/dampers at this point, as there should be no oscillation of the irs components if the bushings are correctly installed.

sprstr1000

WHIPPLECHARGED
Established Member
This is why I commented long ago how I would not consider installing a kit like this. I knew it would be a headache.:nonono: The only thing you can do is dynamat it or go back to poly bushings which are better than stock. It's a shame that you need to make such a big tradeoff to get your car to handle like an import. Out of curiosity, and be totally honest, is there a big difference in the handling of the car? Or is it a placebo effect?

there is definetly more plus then minus in my case.before the rear would walk around under WOT (side to side with no wheel spin)bushings compressing ,
I have a vert and alot of the creaks and rattles are gone goin over bumps,
the car feels stiffer,the only thing is this whine but the more research i do
and the more people i take for a ride the more i think its a bad bearing.
And a bad bearing isnt such a bad thing cause thatsmy excuse to pull the trigger on a posi with some 3.73s

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
By stiffening your suspension you increased NVH, it should have been expected.

Actually the opposite will happen. The stock OEM rubber bushings are totally bound up tight and resist smooth articulation. It is very difficult to articulate the control arms with the OEM rubber bushings.

Our aftermarket Delrin bushings (if installed properly according to the instructions included with the kit) will allow the control arms to articulate freely. This is why the OEM shop manual requires torquing the OEM control arms at 'ride height'. (research Ford shop manual if you don't believe me)

To this day, there are still people under the 'mistaken impression' that the ride will get more harsh! This is completely false and mis-represented information. Many of our customers have commented on how the ride has improved and become smoother and 'less' bouncy. If you're installing aftermarket race, lowering springs or coil-overs then yes, the ride will become more harsh as compared to stock.

FWIW

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Othic

Established Member
Actually the opposite will happen. The stock OEM rubber bushings are totally bound up tight and resist smooth articulation. It is very difficult to articulate the control arms with the OEM rubber bushings.

Our aftermarket Delrin bushings (if installed properly according to the instructions included with the kit) will allow the control arms to articulate freely. This is why the OEM shop manual requires torquing the OEM control arms at 'ride height'. (research Ford shop manual if you don't believe me)

To this day, there are still people under the 'mistaken impression' that the ride will get more harsh! This is completely false and mis-represented information. Many of our customers have commented on how the ride has improved and become smoother and 'less' bouncy. If you're installing aftermarket race, lowering springs or coil-overs then yes, the ride will become more harsh as compared to stock.

FWIW

Does this mean you dont have to torque at ride height with the delrin bushings? I saw your new video comparing the oem and delrin bushing and I was wondering this.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Does this mean you dont have to torque at ride height with the delrin bushings? I saw your new video comparing the oem and delrin bushing and I was wondering this.

That is correct. The control arms can be torqued in any position with Delrin bushings because they are not bound up like the factory control arms.

We've put a video up showing the differences in the control arms in case you have not seen it.

benulis55

Established Member
i thought SVT put rubber bushings purely to reduce the NVH levels. It may be in Iron Fist Lead Foot

Rubber bushings usually decrease NVH, so stiffer bushings would cause more NVH, not rocket science

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread