full tilt boogie kit

CobraMac

Established Member
i thought SVT put rubber bushings purely to reduce the NVH levels. It may be in Iron Fist Lead Foot

Rubber bushings usually decrease NVH, so stiffer bushings would cause more NVH, not rocket science

So I'm guessing you're the IRS expert :bored::rolleyes:

Do some reading on the reviews people have given about Bruce's kit

Spoolx

Established Member
i thought SVT put rubber bushings purely to reduce the NVH levels. It may be in Iron Fist Lead Foot

Rubber bushings usually decrease NVH, so stiffer bushings would cause more NVH, not rocket science
I agree with you, granted I am not the IRS expert and have never actually dealt with these specific components, but I have dealt with alot of suspension components in the past and stiffer bushings have ALWAYS made more noise... not sure how these bushings avoid that issue.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Of course NVH goes up. If you read the FAQ on our site it's all clearly explained.

Almost ZERO NVH is increased because of the control arm bushings. A very small amount of NVH is increased because of the UHMW subframe bushings. The vast majority of the NVH created by this kit is from the front diff mounts.

The quote of mine in your post is discussing the "smoothness" of the ride. The ride actually improves because the control arms are NOT bound up in factory rubber as shown in our demonstration video, Actually, they are free to articulate in a much smoother and completely bind free manner.

I hope that explains it better.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member

This is exactly right, with regard to NVH. The tradoff with the delrin, though (in a good way), is that it articulates very smoothly (when properly shimmed, of course), as Bruce mentioned above. This actually makes the car respond to actual road conditions much quieter, and better than the factory setup, because it allows the dampers to do what they were designed to do, instead of having the control arms bouncing, and binding in solid, molded rubber, that torques, rather than swivels. Hope this makes sense to those that have not taken the suspension apart yet.

In my case, I will just have to resort to adding more weight to my car with sound deadening materials, but that is never a bad thing anyway, unless you are building a race car, which my vert will never be anyway. Sound deadeners improve the overall feel of quality in any car, in addition to making the stereo sound much better, so like I said, it's not really a negative at least in my case. If a car is being built as a track monster, than the added NVH is a non-issue anyway.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
"The aluminum diff mounts Make lots of interior noise."

That’s not 100% true. I used the MM kit and after setting the pinion angle correctly the shifter vibration disappeared and the interior noise just went up a little bit.

I am VERY picky about my car and I was almost tralked out of the aluminum bushing but I am glad I gave them a shot because I love them.

If you do have rear end noise I would recommend checking the fluid level in it.

Users who are viewing this thread