Valve Cover bolts

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
Some time back, I thought i remember seeing a thread about some aftermarket valve cover bolts for the 4v, and now i cant find anything. Does anyone know who made them. I am rebuilding my engine and figured now would be the best time to get them if there ever was.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
Im just looking for something a little different than the stock bolts.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Take one out, take it with you, and go to:

Ace Hardware
Home Depot
Lowes

Look in the stainless steel section, match up thread pitch diameter and length, pick up correct washers if needed.

Buy correct quantity at counter.

Install and post pics.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Well, it isn't quite as easy as a trip to your local hardware store. The heads are huge, but the threaded part of the bolts are only 6mm (from memory), so you will be stuck with a very small head on any "off the shelf" bolt. I made my own using large, stainless Acorn nuts that I polished, with polished washers. It required using thread inserts to size down the internal threads on the acorns so they would fit the correct threaded "rods" to fit the heads, though. In the end, I have the look I wanted, but it was not cheap, and took a bit of time to accomplish.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
Well, it isn't quite as easy as a trip to your local hardware store. The heads are huge, but the threaded part of the bolts are only 6mm (from memory), so you will be stuck with a very small head on any "off the shelf" bolt. I made my own using large, stainless Acorn nuts that I polished, with polished washers. It required using thread inserts to size down the internal threads on the acorns so they would fit the correct threaded "rods" to fit the heads, though. In the end, I have the look I wanted, but it was not cheap, and took a bit of time to accomplish.

Do you have any pics of your custom bolts?

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Take one out, take it with you, and go to:

Ace Hardware
Home Depot
Lowes

Look in the stainless steel section, match up thread pitch diameter and length, pick up correct washers if needed.

Buy correct quantity at counter.

Install and post pics.
...and also give ALL the bolt information as well!!! :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Do you have any pics of your custom bolts?

this is about the only one I can find at the moment, not real closeup, but you can get the idea of the look anyway.

004-7.jpg

03COBRA-88

Established Member
Black 10th vert you have one of the best engine bays on this site :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread