31k miles, time for brake pads...stock or ????

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I'm doing the 30k mile service (after 7 years...) and im clueless when it comes to brake pads. I've heard some will squeak and others won't just based on fitment. For stock calipers which pads should I go with?

Btw: mods, I'd search but I'm out of town & on my phone so I need an answer by tomorow. Thanks, keep it real!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You didn't leave yourself enough time to get what I would recommended so never mind.

It would simply haunt your very consciousness every time you hit the brakes from today forward.:-D:p

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Jimmy, I'm not takin my car in tomorow I'm just trying to order so I can install by next weekend....if I need to order/wait I will, please divulge your opinions

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Carbotech BOBCAT 1521
Carbotech Performance Brakes

I order them via phone live during business hours, but from the main corporate location.../\

No more corrosive brake dust, stops GREAT, super easy on rotors, outstanding heat range for a street compound, quiet operation(nearly always).

But not the cheapest out there.
I have chrome wheels and no more corrosion, I use the race pads on track, so the transfer material is almost the same and I don't have to use dedicated rotors for each compound track/street.

I can just switch pads and go once both sets of pads are bedded in.
I love Carbotech pads!
Check some of the reviews from trackers and nontrackers.
There are other ceramic based pads that are supposed to be almost as good that are less money but I have not tried them... these I have used and keep on buying them.
They last great on the street it's the track pads that get eaten up, because our brakes are only 13 inch and the cars are heavy and NOT SLOW.

nyjetsfan4lif3

Established Member
Never heard of them , Sounds pretty good tho ^

My friend was telling me hawk pads are the best to use last night , anyone using hawks ?

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
I have Hawk all around, very little dust, once in while I hear a little noise but not much

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
for the way you drive your car Tony, I would just use the factory motorcraft pads.

chitowncobra

Established Member
Carbotech BOBCAT 1521
Carbotech Performance Brakes

I order them via phone live during business hours, but from the main corporate location.../\

No more corrosive brake dust, stops GREAT, super easy on rotors, outstanding heat range for a street compound, quiet operation(nearly always).

But not the cheapest out there.
I have chrome wheels and no more corrosion, I use the race pads on track, so the transfer material is almost the same and I don't have to use dedicated rotors for each compound track/street.

I can just switch pads and go once both sets of pads are bedded in.
I love Carbotech pads!
Check some of the reviews from trackers and nontrackers.
There are other ceramic based pads that are supposed to be almost as good that are less money but I have not tried them... these I have used and keep on buying them.
They last great on the street it's the track pads that get eaten up, because our brakes are only 13 inch and the cars are heavy and NOT SLOW.
good info thanks!!:coolman::coolman:

Fat-cat

Established Member
I have Hawk HPS plus pads in my car in the front and they are dusty as all hell. Stop great but ****me could of pulls and on the binders and my black wheels are brown.

Digital

Established Member
I have Hawk HPS plus pads in my car in the front and they are dusty as all hell. Stop great but ****me could of pulls and on the binders and my black wheels are brown.

Yup. Hawk HPS pads are beast. I love em. Have them on all 4 corners. I might try the pads jimmy has been reppin lately though when I change mine.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Hawk pads are excellent pads, it's just that there is something better

Compared to Carbotech, Hawk pads are:

FAR more common, therefor easy to find people using them, and some will have experience with the following symptoms, but most will not be able to compare to Carbotech.
Cheaper(a good thing)
Harder on rotors(wear)
Dustier(sometimes by A LOT)
Noisier (HP+ and up)
Dust is corrosive when wet

Because my car came with chrome wheels the corrosion issue is not something I wanted to ignore.
Because of the amount of brake pads I go through and the people I know who do like wise, I have seen most of the available brakes for our cars.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
Stockers for me, but I will try EBC now that they are moving into the Mustang World. I had them on my imports and loved them! EBCs had no dust and stopped great.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i have a set coming to me thanks to Red Turtle and the "free BF idlers" thread. what are your impressions of them?

Users who are viewing this thread