help me spend my bonus!

03mgtermi

Established Member
between my end of year bonus and tax return, I should have about 5500 in "play money"

not sure what to spend the money on.

would like to go whipple, but also want to redo my exhaust and upgrade/rebuild the transmission.

not sure if the trans has a 26 spline or 10 spline although i do know it has an aftermarket clutch from the previous owner. been getting hard to shift lately, might just need to change the fluid again.

with the whipple i am not sure if i should go 2.9 or 3.4? i would need to upgrade the fuel system for sure but not sure what else i would have to do? any ideas?

kinda wanna do longtubes and have all my exhaust ceramic coated.

any other ideas or advice? anyone know what im looking at total for a whipple set-up. cobramac's recent thread is stating about 4k.

anyway, just making conversation. chip in your 2 cents if you want.....

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
You could easily get a whipple/supporting mods with that much! Maybe even be able to swing some used exhaust and or headers (Maybe)!

mrose75

Established Member
I love the diversity of input. Whipple, turbo, coil-overs, save it, blow it. Lol.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
whipple and SRA (solid rear axle) look back with smiles

get the 2.9L the 3.4L is a little over kill for a street car (in my opinion)

Cobra 08

So Tired
Established Member
Go to Vegas For March Madness. Thats where ill be. At the Wynn Its awsome cause they have a Basketball Court in one of the banquet areas and you get free drink coupons for making baskets. Plus they show all the games. Gambling is fun too.:beer:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Two words: Scottrade Account.

Invest it, plan for your future - you could easily double that money in a year or two. Bonuses should go right to a 401K, otherwise the crooks in DC get to take a bite out of it. OK, that was more than two words...

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Two words: Scottrade Account.

Invest it, plan for your future - you could easily double that money in a year or two. Bonuses should go right to a 401K, otherwise the crooks in DC get to take a bite out of it. OK, that was more than two words...

not a bad idea.....but i'd tell him to open either a traditional ira and drop the 5k in...then take that deduction for his taxes now and watch it grow tax deferred OR open a roth, drop the 5k, get no tax deduction now but have it grow tax free as long as you don't touch it until 59.5

thats way too responsible, though. MODS NOW ARE GOOD!! :beer::thumbsup:

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
not a bad idea.....but i'd tell him to open either a traditional ira and drop the 5k in...then take that deduction for his taxes now and watch it grow tax deferred OR open a roth, drop the 5k, get no tax deduction now but have it grow tax free as long as you don't touch it until 59.5

thats way too responsible, though. MODS NOW ARE GOOD!! :beer::thumbsup:

Good ideas too!! I guess I was thinking too far back when Ford stock was down - a great investment it was:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread