help me spend my bonus!

03mgtermi

Established Member
Coilovers, whipple.

/thread

kinda what I was thinking too... that's the route pulling me the hardest

I'd do tranny before whipple if its already causing you problems. But thats me.

not really any problems. i will change the fluid and see if that solves the issue. had the same problem when i got it a year and a half ago and new synchromesh helped a ton. i'm sure its just due for another change.

Is there actually anything wrong with your transmission or are you just wanting the extra security?

not that i know of, at this time. might, maybe, could use a throw out bearing.

Whipple and supporting mods. Will you be doing the work yourself?

always......thats half the fun!

put it in the bank

Two words: Scottrade Account.

Invest it, plan for your future - you could easily double that money in a year or two. Bonuses should go right to a 401K, otherwise the crooks in DC get to take a bite out of it. OK, that was more than two words...

not a bad idea.....but i'd tell him to open either a traditional ira and drop the 5k in...then take that deduction for his taxes now and watch it grow tax deferred OR open a roth, drop the 5k, get no tax deduction now but have it grow tax free as long as you don't touch it until 59.5

thats way too responsible, though. MODS NOW ARE GOOD!! :beer::thumbsup:

while i sincerely appreciate the wisdom, my father has seen to it i am covered in that department. he has coached me very well on money management from a young age.

i am fully invested in my 401(k) @ 7% of my salary (company matches 50% up to 6% of total salary so take my 7 add their 3 and you get 10% of my salary goes to 401(k)

i also started a Roth IRA at the age of 15 and make the max contribution each year (valued at $30k+ right now, i'm 25)

thanks for all the input guys..keep it coming.

i think my plan right now will likely be a 2.9 or smaller whipple (maybe a 2.3 from tousley?), budget return style fuel system from lethal, BBK longtubes and a tune. might decide to ditch longtubes in favor of k member and coilovers.

questions about doing whipple: do i need a larger hood for the 2.9 whipple to clear? and what size injectors?

Alb Cobra

Established Member
Make sure you don't have any trans issues before you spend all you dough on a SC upgrade and then have to re-do the trans. Spend a little to make sure you don't have to over spend. New Whipple 3200-3700$ plus 400$ (unless you pick up a used set for a good price) for a TB then about 1000$ in fuel mods depending which way you go and about 200$ for a retune.

Could have mis-read but you don't have upgraded fuel mods listed or full length sub frame connectors. I would at least do the full lengths.

Also with the 2.9 and 3.4 is way too much blower for the average street car. So unless you want a to say you have a car that puts down 700+rwhp then get a 2.3 plus they have a good resale value if you ever get tired of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread