need some motivation

stal94gt

Established Member
yesterday kicked my ass fiighting with my clutch and input shaft install on my car, i made a post about it already

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/driveline-216/753871-bad-day-installing-clutch.html

now im having no motivation to finish installing my new whipple 175ax on my car. im having second thoughts wheather or not my fuel system will support. i have 60# injecters, stock pumps and a bap with a modified fpdm, and wire upgrade. i have the money for a return fuel system but it will take atleast a week for it to get here. i dont want to install the blower and then have to remove it to swap the fuel rails out if the fuel system maxes out. i plan on running the stock lower and the stock upper pulley so i can run 93 octane (no e-85 here)

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
With bap and wire upgrade and 60s you should be good for a safe 600 with my research.
Stock rails are good to go.
Take a break. Relax. Then get back to work.
Good luck!

mrose75

Established Member
Click User Cp up top>Edit Signature. Go ahead and do the returnless now. Or is this your daily driver and you can't have it down that long. I'd wait the week and do it right.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Utch aclnd imput shaft are much worse then blower instal. You got the hard part done so take a breathe and throw the blower on.

As said above your current system will work till about 600 however you will most likely make more then that on stock pulley boost.

Return is for sure the way to go in the long run. I say do it now and be done with it while the car is already down. Then its just a pulley change away from more power.

cobracide

Established Member
Wait a bit go return and finish the fuel system right if you can. The 2.9 needs a serious fuel system and just a bap won't cut it. Even dual GT pumps are getting pegged by the 2.9, it's a thirsty monster!

cobra_mer

Established Member
A 2.9 with the whipple factory pulley will run fine with just 60lbers and a BaP as the only fuel mods. You can easily and safely make 650 with just those fuel mods.

cobra_mer

Established Member
I was merely letting the OP that the stock fuel system with 60lbers and a BaP can safely run a whipple 2.9 into 650+ range. If you are like me and couldnt afford both fuel system and the whipple this is a safe route, then when money permits drop the dough and go bigger fuel system and pulley down a few sizes and presto 700rwhp.

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
I'd just get the fuel system and install it before you throw the whipple on. it will save you more work in the future. Instead of only tuning your car for the 650 you will be able to tune it for more and call it done. Good luck!! I wish i knew they were actually guna make this mo fo b4 i did my setup.

TermiN8er

Corn Fed Beast
Established Member
go with the return system, it solves your problem now and opens doors later. I have the fuel system maxed out with 63# injectors and KB BAP on 100% and now I have to go return. for what it worth.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You have everything for the pulley combo you're going to run so just slap it on and enjoy it.

Quick Strike

Established Member
It's hard for me to get motivatied too. i'am just old and worn out .

When I found no compression in #8. It took me six months to pull it apart and plan upgrades. I just did not even want to look at it for at least the first four months (just left it covered in the garage). Then it took my machine shop over a year to complete the machine work. The shop became a one man show due to the economy, but still had work for two. Then there was the head saga you are aware of with what should have been fresh CNC ported heads. That meant it was another six months before I assembled it with respect to work and family priorities. So, it was almost two years from the time it went down until it fired up again. Now, I wish I had pushed a little harder to get started and finish it. I could have had it this way for over a year already if I would have seen it as an opportunity to make it better instead of an expensive end to how it was. I think you are about a year older then I am. So I know you are not old, because I can't be old?

OP: My KB 2.8H Cobra uses stock lines and rails with a returnless system at 741 RWHP, and it is only at 65% pump utilization. Your returnless system still has a lot of room for growth if needed. I would not consider return system unless you plan going to E85.

stal94gt

Established Member
well i was almost motivated to get the project started but friday my roomate got in a car accident and new he needs to drive my dd untill he gets his new bumper. not a whole lot of damage but he wants it fixed fast so im letting him borrow my other car for a bit. not a big deal. ill get it done next week and be on the rollers the week after

Users who are viewing this thread