Tuned & Dyno'd '04 Cobra

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I figured after all my research on mods that I did, and the great info and advice I found from others, I would return the favor for those researching for thier next mod(s)....so here you go.

Fresh from the shop on the 4th of March, as me and my wife took both our Cobra's down to Anahiem to get em tuned up and finally get some #'s on our cars....mods and #'s are in signature
(Originally posted MARCH 5th.)

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Glad to see that MAF on that mod list! :rockon::beer:
The very top of the 400s is where the stocker will peg and lean the engine out in very cold heavy air.

Nice numbers!
Car has to feel great!:rockon::beer:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Those aren't bad numbers, congrats man! Gotta love our 91 in Kali.

I have about 6 months left in Cali, pretty sure where ever I go, there will be 93..finally

was looking at the TQ#'s also, seemed low...however, we did determine that the plugs need to be replaced, ....@ 6k rpms the "spark" and power is diminishing.

at the end of the month...with new plugs and a little bit more fine tuning, we'll cap the 500 mark....and hopefully close the gap in HP to TQ

:shrug:Cant exactly pinpoint why the TQ would not be higher:shrug: Every car is different...

Jefe

Established Member
Any pics or vids? What color and mods on the wifes?

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Any pics or vids? What color and mods on the wifes?

I'll post the vids up from my Droid of the random stuff I have..to include oon the Dyno. Wife has an '03 Redfire MMR900 shortblock, pullied, and thats about it. I gotta look to see what her numbers were, but they were pretty decent also.

Get some NGK TR6's in there, decent numbers though.

Yeah along with the plugs, I'll be throwing an Accufab TB at it, for the next run, which will be the last week of this month.

..was told that w/ a ported Eaton, you will gain the HP, but you will loose TQ, with a port. I've had about as much time to find more info on it, as I've had time to post up pics and vids...:dw:

Thanks for the feedback!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll post the vids up from my Droid of the random stuff I have..to include oon the Dyno. Wife has an '03 Redfire MMR900 shortblock, pullied, and thats about it. I gotta look to see what her numbers were, but they were pretty decent also.

Yeah along with the plugs, I'll be throwing an Accufab TB at it, for the next run, which will be the last week of this month.

..was told that w/ a ported Eaton, you will gain the HP, but you will loose TQ, with a port. I've had about as much time to find more info on it, as I've had time to post up pics and vids...:dw:

Thanks for the feedback!

First, pretty nice numbers. Without knowing the tune parameters it's hard to say what's left on the table. Pretty neat that both you and your wife both have Cobras.

As far as losing torque with a ported Eaton, that really isn't true. Example. Before my port my numbers were 459rwhp and 480rwtq. After the port, the numbers were 496rwhp and 492rwtq. I can't recall seeing and ported blower lose torque. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any.

mach1033

Established Member
I have about 6 months left in Cali, pretty sure where ever I go, there will be 93..finally

was looking at the TQ#'s also, seemed low...however, we did determine that the plugs need to be replaced, ....@ 6k rpms the "spark" and power is diminishing.

at the end of the month...with new plugs and a little bit more fine tuning, we'll cap the 500 mark....and hopefully close the gap in HP to TQ

:shrug:Cant exactly pinpoint why the TQ would not be higher:shrug: Every car is different...
When you get a 93 tune with more timing both HP and TQ will go up to where they should be. Congrats on your new set up.:rockon:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread