Tuned & Dyno'd '04 Cobra

Silverboost

Established Member
My first cobra i had almost the exact same mods and put down the same power. I thought it was low as well and performed a compression test. Ended up discovering I had a burnt exhaust valve. Not saying this is your case, but I would check to make sure the compression is good and that your intercooler pump is working correctly.

Jefe

Established Member
Is the pull in the vid where you made 471/440? Didnt sound like it got to 5500rpm

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
My first cobra i had almost the exact same mods and put down the same power. I thought it was low as well and performed a compression test. Ended up discovering I had a burnt exhaust valve. Not saying this is your case, but I would check to make sure the compression is good and that your intercooler pump is working correctly.

Thanks for the heads up, I would not be surprised at all if mine were having a short coming along the same lines possibly. BUT, for what I paid for it, and how almost non exsitant my car payments are, I'm prepared to go that route and open it up, if it gets to that point.

Is the pull in the vid where you made 471/440? Didnt sound like it got to 5500rpm

That be the one, yes.

I figured whatever I walk out with as far as numbers go, I'll be happy considering everything was already on the car, minus the catback and CAI. Eventually Ill be upgrading and cross leveling my set up to my wifes car maybe at the end of the year...as then I'll just go a different route.

BUt it is a balancing act with with a hobby such as ours, wallet, suspension, tires, and just the basics, LIKE SPARK PLUGS...lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Agree, 93 is going to be where it's at. Plugs and 93 will make you hit the 500 mark for sure.

Those.....and a good tune! We've seen the occasional 2.76 setup (with ported blower) here miss that mark. Usually due to the tune. Also, dynos will vary so personally I wouldn't get hung up on a "number". The real test will be at the track.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
A month later...and a new tuner

My OLD numbers were 470 HP 440 TQ (and a crap tune)

I have about 6 months left in Cali, pretty sure where ever I go, there will be 93..finally

was looking at the TQ#'s also, seemed low...

at the end of the month...with new plugs and a little bit more fine tuning, we'll cap the 500 mark....and hopefully close the gap in HP to TQ

Get some NGK TR6's in there, decent numbers though.
YEP!

First, pretty nice numbers. Without knowing the tune parameters it's hard to say what's left on the table. Pretty neat that both you and your wife both have Cobras.

As far as losing torque with a ported Eaton, that really isn't true. Example. Before my port my numbers were 459rwhp and 480rwtq. After the port, the numbers were 496rwhp and 492rwtq. I can't recall seeing and ported blower lose torque. I could be wrong, but I don't recall seeing any.

Agree, 93 is going to be where it's at. Plugs and 93 will make you hit the 500 mark for sure.
Couldnt get the 93 but new plugs for sure

As forcasted, I got my car back down to the shop yesterday. Here is the follow-up. I updated my sig, found a new shop, and a new tuner, and.....LIFE IS GOOD.
New plugs, and a BAP.

And I still have $'s left over to get my CObra Bob shifter gasket and roll down to FAB FORD's today

Greg@RET

Established Member
Congrats again! Glad you like the way the car is running now. :beer:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJkvxU1PJqo"]YouTube - Carl RET Tuned Cobra[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread