SWAP COBRA MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION (terminator)

A stallion

Established Member
Hey everyone I am new here and I just wanted to interduce myself since it's my first post

I have the 03 COBRA MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION 6SPD from a donor car and I wanna put it on my 00 Mustang V6 I also have :

the Engine Harness,Wiring Harness, DASH AND CLUSTER harness, COMPUTER (ECU) , FUEL LINES AND GAS TANKS W/DUEL FUEL PUMPS, LONG TUBES HEADERS, MID-PIPES, Hydraulic booster, K member, then I know I need to get 8.8 sold rear

Since my car has no ABS am I gonna run into any trouble?

should I change my breaks lines to the cobra ones since I have them or there is no differents?

Would the V6 A/C system work or switch it with the cobra one ?

Should I change the body Wiring Harness with the Cobra one or I don't have to ?

What about the Rack and pinion do I have to change it ?

my front Hub would it fit the cobra rotors and calbiers ?

as for now I have stock shocks with eibach spring would that handel the engine and make it driveable fine ?

What else I am missing to complete the process

Thank you guys

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
My suggestions? Invest in some English courses at your local community college and then retype your post.

-Eric

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thank you guys

Feel free to read through all the posts you want. Discover and use the search function, please.
Read the sticky thread at the top.

I am getting very close to removing every swap question post in here over to the forum the car belongs in.

Why do people assume we know how to put a Terminator drive train into ANY car other than another Terminator?

Ironhand

Banned
Hey everyone I am new here and I just wanted to interduce myself since it's my first post

I have the 03 COBRA MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION 6SPD from a donor car and I wanna put it on my 00 Mustang V6 I also have :

the Engine Harness,Wiring Harness, DASH AND CLUSTER harness, COMPUTER (ECU) , FUEL LINES AND GAS TANKS W/DUEL FUEL PUMPS, LONG TUBES HEADERS, MID-PIPES, Hydraulic booster, K member, then I know I need to get 8.8 sold rear

Since my car has no ABS am I gonna run into any trouble?
Get the ABS deleted in the tune. It will be fine.

should I change my breaks lines to the cobra ones since I have them or there is no differents?
Yes.
The brake lines AND the master cylinder are different. The Cobra and Mustang GT share the same brake lines but the V6 do not. I am not sure if the V6 has the same master cylinder as the Cobra but Im pretty sure they dont. Look into it more.

Would the V6 A/C system work or switch it with the cobra one ?
They should be the same. Down to the compressor. However I would call Steve @ Tousley Ford to verify part numbers to double check.

Should I change the body Wiring Harness with the Cobra one or I don't have to ?
No the body harnesses are basically the same.

What about the Rack and pinion do I have to change it ?
Yes. Change the K member while your at it with a lighter aftermarket peice.

my front Hub would it fit the cobra rotors and calbiers ?
Id change them out anyways.

as for now I have stock shocks with eibach spring would that handel the engine and make it driveable fine ?
Maybe but the engine is considerablely heavier then the V6. Change them with Cobra or GT struts for best results.

Time, Money, and Plenty of help.

Where in FL are you?

Thank you guys

Feel free to read through all the posts you want. Discover and use the search function, please.

I am getting very close to removing every swap question post in here over to the forum the car belongs in.

Why do people assume we know how to put a Terminator drive train into ANY car other than another Terminator?

No worries Jimmy, Im here. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
Nevermind these clowns. I have done the swap, with basically no beginning knowledge. PM me if you have any questions.

A stallion

Established Member
My suggestions? Invest in some English courses at your local community college and then retype your post.

-Eric

That's not Nice . you cant just think I cant write English because I wrote a post on a fourm. I might have more education than you. Hahah taking English courses in community college. do you even speak anything other than English ?
Thats not the Welcome I expected from SVTP Fourm

A stallion

Established Member

but isnt any 99-04 Mustang with the Terminator drive can basically be a Terminator. It has the same body style , but maybe different bodykit and vin number and Cobra Emblem everywhere ;)

Ironhand

Banned
but isnt any 99-04 Mustang with the Terminator drive can basically be a Terminator. It has the same body style , but maybe different bodykit and vin number and Cobra Emblem everywhere ;)

Sorry boss. The only Terminators have a Y in the Vin number and are the real thing.

Everything else is just a Mustang with an engine swap.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
it's easy good luck :) mine was a V6. Nice for insurance lol

getting ready to do another swap into my buddys classic stang also. That's gonna be some work !

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

If they were, then all you would need to do is drop the engine right in and go.

They are the same shell, the same platform, and if a 100% complete swap was done it would be identical to a Terminator except for the vin, build numbers and insurance rates. Then it would be a clone and not just a swap.

Have fun with it, it appears your help has arrived.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
swap EVERYTHING you can get out of that donor Cobra, I went through a lot of cash trying to get all the small stuff together on my GT even after buying all the major swap stuff

A stallion

Established Member
Sorry boss. The only Terminators have a Y in the Vin number and are the real thing.

Everything else is just a Mustang with an engine swap.

If they were, then all you would need to do is drop the engine right in and go.

They are the same shell, the same platform, and if a 100% complete swap was done it would be identical to a Terminator except for the vin, build numbers and insurance rates. Then it would be a clone and not just a swap.

Have fun with it, it appears your help has arrived.

Why not sell the v6 and forget cloning a terminator all together... how about putting that badass drivetrain into something like this:

Mk4 Roadster

Guys I never said my swap will make my Mustang a Terminator. All I want is to have the Terminator drive train swap to my Mustang. I didn’t say I am going to get the bodykit of Terminator. I just wanna enjoy the power of the Terminator on my Mustang :)

Relax eveyone I am sorry if Terminator owners felt disrespected all my intention to ask for help and some did help me Thanks. You guys should brag how everyone dreams to have a car like you guys or even just the drive train of the terminator into their car (Like me I can’t even believe I have it). It was always my dream to own a Terminator but never have the money to afford it.

A stallion

Established Member
it's easy good luck :) mine was a V6. Nice for insurance lol

getting ready to do another swap into my buddys classic stang also. That's gonna be some work !

Did you have a post of your swap? I have everything I need from the cobra drive train but the rear end . I am planning to get the Gt 8.8 like you did. How is the car running do you have any problems?

A stallion

Established Member
swap EVERYTHING you can get out of that donor Cobra, I went through a lot of cash trying to get all the small stuff together on my GT even after buying all the major swap stuff

don’t worry I took every single part small and big from the the donar car lol my plan to just swap everything out even if same the parts work I rather have everything from the Cobra so I won’t run into a problem on the future . Thanks :)

Trentimus

Established Member
In my opinion.. It's sick to have a Termi's motor.. but like they said. It will never be a Termi.

I say part it out; you can get a lot of money for Terminator parts. Then use the money you got and the v6 as a trade for a real Termi.. saves time and for a termy motor and tranny ALONE you can make a serious amount of cash.

A stallion

Established Member
In my opinion.. It's sick to have a Termi's motor.. but like they said. It will never be a Termi.

I say part it out; you can get a lot of money for Terminator parts. Then use the money you got and the v6 as a trade for a real Termi.. saves time and for a termy motor and tranny ALONE you can make a serious amount of cash.

I agree with everything you just said, but my v6 is in perfect Condition new paint, the interior is from a Mach 1, rims and tires are almost new and they are sick. Not only that but also the Terminator engine has only 6500 mileages and it has more than $5k on upgrades. I think it has around 500 and more HP and the T-56 being reinforce with a short shifter. it going to take a lot of time and patience to sell what I got plus I will lose a lot of money if I am selling the V6 since its 2000 even though it has a lot of upgrade. I got the whole drive train for a great deal. Let's say I do what you just said, If I am lucky I MIGHT one for what money I will have .it will be in ok condition with high mileage and bone stock Terminator I will still have to spend a lot of money to make it up there and I don’t have that. Maybe you are right I will never be called a terminator but at less I will kick ass like one :)

Users who are viewing this thread