SWAP COBRA MOTOR AND TRANSMISSION (terminator)

GoatSlayer

Banned
Feel free to read through all the posts you want. Discover and use the search function, please.
Read the sticky thread at the top.

I am getting very close to removing every swap question post in here over to the forum the car belongs in.

Why do people assume we know how to put a Terminator drive train into ANY car other than another Terminator?

Not everybody knows how to put a terminator engine into anything. A lot of people here have put terminators drive train into other cars and stuff, so there are people on this section of forum that can help the OP. I was in the same situation as the OP, putting 03 cobra drivetrain into an 01 cobra, and a lot of people here helped me.

black 10th vert

Established Member
In my opinion.. It's sick to have a Termi's motor.. but like they said. It will never be a Termi.

I say part it out; you can get a lot of money for Terminator parts. Then use the money you got and the v6 as a trade for a real Termi.. saves time and for a termy motor and tranny ALONE you can make a serious amount of cash.

I agree with your suggestion, but you are making an assumption that he could make money off of the driveline. He obviously had to buy it in the first place, so chances are good that he would only break even for that stuff, then selling a 2000 v6 stang is going to net him what, maybe $3k tops? He would still have to take a significant loan to buy even a high mileage, clapped out Cobra (that's assuming he couldn't afford the difference in cash). I think he is doing the right thing if this is the only way he can afford to have something close to a Cobra performance-wise. I'm sure he knows it will never really be one, but it doesn't sound like that is a concern for him.

I also agree with the guy that suggested the FFR Cobra to put the driveline in, but obviously if he could afford that, he would just buy a Terminator in the first place. I built, and owned an FFR, and trust me, it costs way more to complete one than the $20k for the kit, or whatever they are charging these days. I agree that it would be awesome with a Terminator engine for the "wow factor", but in reality that car will perform way better all around with a built 302, or 351W, as the Cobra engine is way too heavy, and will throw off the nearly perfect balance of that car, making it front heavy. At around 2200 lbs., you really don't need the torque of a supercharged Cobra engine anyway, as it is already street bike quick with a 302.;-)

MEAN_SBC

Established Member
With the low prices of terminators lately, I think you would be better off to sell your pile of swap parts, and your V6, and just buy a terminator.

Users who are viewing this thread