Anyone drive their car on winter?

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
No

We have a 2010 Dodge Nitro and my trusty ole 2000 Ford Explorer XLT for that.

Hell, I've had my 5.0 now for a year and 3 months and still haven't cracked 4000 miles...

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
It was for a couple of years. Iv driven through some crazy weather, and idk how i made it but i did :rockon:. Ill never forget driving through west Virginia mountain highways, up through a cloud, on bald tires in January.... If i went more then 5 mph i would lose traction and roll backward. But i made it :banana:

In the 3.5 years iv had my car iv gone from 9,000 miles to 41,000

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
No way! Drive my truck. 600 horse and snow, not a good combo around here.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
been DDing mine year round for 3 years. driving in the snow sucks...but i do it. i have around 300lbs worth of barbells that i throw in the trunk, which help out A LOT with traction in the snow...and especially when trying to get going/started from a dead stop. i also have a small snow shovel, that i carry. i have gotten stuck a few times...and thats when the snow shovel comes out. it definitely comes in handy, if you are going to be driving in the snow/ice. but the main thing....is take it SLOW. let everyone else try to be bad asses and drive all fast, switching lanes. just go slow and steady.

edit: i should prob add that although i DO drive my car in the snow/ice, it is usually a LAST RESORT. i try using a different vehicle first, if at all possible....then only use mine if i just absolutely HAVE TO go to this place, (wherever and for whatever), and dont have any other way of getting there.

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
No snow or rain for mine. Im fortunate that it is not my DD and she can sit in the garage..

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Mine pulled daily driver for a month back in Aug/Sept... and I almost put the car in the ditch a few times due to drag radials and standing water. Def had to clean the shat outta my pants a few times. Needless to say I have a beater now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread