2014 Terminator???

Det.Bullitt

Banned
A friend of my dad that works on the 2014 Mustang project told him that they are looking into doing a Terminator Cobra again!!!! This time calling it a Terminator. Maybe he is teasing but how cool or uncool would that be? I'm not sure I want to see another Terminator. I wonder what would power it? Could this be the end of Shelby?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
A friend of my dad that works on the 2014 Mustang project told him that they are looking into doing a Terminator Cobra again!!!! This time calling it a Terminator. Maybe he is teasing but how cool or uncool would that be? I'm not sure I want to see another Terminator. I wonder what would power it? Could this be the end of Shelby?

It would be very cool,

... but I can't help but think some Terminator fan somewhere is getting their chain seriously yanked.

I find this to be a low probability prediction.

I don't believe the rumors either. And to give it the Terminator name it would have to terminate everything in the lineup otherwise it would just sound dumb. They going to make it more powerful than the 5.8? Don't see it.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
I agree too

I don't believe the rumors either. And to give it the Terminator name it would have to terminate everything in the lineup otherwise it would just sound dumb. They going to make it more powerful than the 5.8? Don't see it.

I agree. The guy that told my dad this is pretty reliable on info but I believe he is actually talking about another KR coming out. That would be the only thing Terminator worthy.

Black306

Established Member
The idea of the Terminator project was to create a Mustang that terminates the competition, which was putting a hurting to pre-'03 Mustangs. Seems irrelevant to call an up-and-coming Mustang a Terminator when the current Mustang is already killing the competition. :shrug:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
it would be cool. but like everyone else states with shelby around i do not see them making another terminator anytime soon....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree. The Shelby name will be around for a while. As longs as Ford can make $15k a car because of the Shelby name it will be on a special Mustang.

This! Forget about any special Cobra as long as Shelby's name is linked to Ford. Just isn't going to happen, as much as I'd love to see another Terminator.

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
I wouldn't think they would use the production name, "Terminator" again. You don't see aircraft manufacturers using their production code names twice do you? They may someday drop the Shelby name and go back to SVT Cobra. Hook, line, and sinker if you ask me...

Tims97SVT

Established Member
Shelby has become a house hold name. Everyone knows them now, everyone that has money buys them just to say they have a Shelby. "oh you just have a mustang, well I have a Shelby.." Like stated if ford can make 15k a car, then the name is not going anywhere fast. Just an Svt mustang is out of the question anymore. Ford has done so well with the Shelby name on the car they will do whatever it takes to keep it. Just an Svt mustang would have to be 700+hp to wear a name like the terminator. The 03/04 terminator did just what it was supposed to do in 03/04. You could not buy a better bang for the buck car that performed like it did.

cbr repsol

Established Member

What u mean this time calling it a terminator..the 03/04 are terminators..apparently u never read iron foot lead fist? If u pull the factory side scoops off they are inprinted "terminator" only thing on the car that is.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
What u mean this time calling it a terminator..the 03/04 are terminators..apparently u never read iron foot lead fist? If u pull the factory side scoops off they are inprinted "terminator" only thing on the car that is.

No kidding??

MGC

Established Member

yep. and no they won't ever nickname a project Terminator again, as dwight said some of the parts had terminator on them, MOST of these parts were changed out for fear of a trademark lawsuit. They know better know and just stick with the shelby moniker.

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member
I dunno, just wouldn't be a Terminator. I would still call it a 2014 Cobra unless something about it made it as may I dare to say "Legendary" as the 03-04 Cobra. As long as Mustangs are built I'm sure there will always be arguments about the 03-04 Cobra and what it meant to Mustang owners in 2003 and 2004. When the GT500 dropped it was no big deal. Last Mustang that people argued and raved over its position in the car world to me was either the S281 Model "E" or the 00 Cobra "R"

Last edited:

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
yeah. NO way. Its ONLY been ten years since the 03/04's debut. Its too soon. I wouldn't rule it out in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread