Need Help and Insight. YDH1 vs AMZ2

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Ok let me try to explain what happened.

I bought the car over a year ago with a dyno tune already installed on a SCT 4bank chip. The car ran flawlessly.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. I installed some new parts and decided to get a retune. Went from a 3.1 to a 2.9 upper. Added a Dragon inlet and TB. I drove to the dyno (30 miles) staying out of boost. Car ran and idled perfect.

Now for the fun part. The tuner tried for 2 hours but couldn't get the car to respond to MAF function table changes. At one point he took out 60% of the MAF function for shits and giggles. Instead of the car being barely able to run it actually ran fine and was reading 11.5 A/F at idle. No matter what values were in the tables the car idled at the same A/F. We even swapped MAFs out thinking it might have been the issue. He also direct flashed the ECM with an Xcal thinking maybe it was my chip. We sprayed carb cleaner looking for vac leaks and found none. I did a compression check when I got the car and also after I got home from the dyno and it's perfect. So I left with the car bucking and barely able to run. He told me to search the whole car over for loose grounds and shorts.

In the past 2 weeks I have done that and I haven't found anything wrong. I put in new front O2s, IAC and FRPS. So I'm thinking well.....the car went in running like a champ and came out running like crap. All that changed that day was the tune. I have a 4 bank and the old tune is gone since you can't save it off the chip before a reflash.

So here is my question. I have since read this thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/terminator-archive-208/97572-reflash-computer-code.html and read my Oasis report. My car got the stall reflash on 28-JUN-05. I am almost certain my ECM is AMZ2. I know the tuner was using YDH1 because he told me so and that's the sticker that's on the ECM. Could this be the problem? I will be getting a AMZ2 base tune from him tomorrow and trying that. Does anyone have any other insight that could be helpful?

Right now the car won't even idle. It bucks and sounds like it's running on 4 cylinders. If you peddle it you can get it to run at 3,000 rpm and it sounds fine. Fuel pressure is steady around 40 psi. Let off the throttle and it dies.

earico

Established Member
Just hooked a Predator up and pulled the cal Id. Comes back FBGI0CA. This is HSF0 according to what I have found online elsewhere.

RYBE1B9 (QUD2) - 2003
RYBE2C4 (YDH0) - 2003
RYBE2C6 (YDH1) - 2003
FBGI0CA (HSF0) - 2003
FGBH0CD (AMZ1) - 2004
FBGI0C6 (AMZ2) - 2004

So could to incorrect calibration code screw things up that much?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You may already know this but...

The chip must be removed before a re-flash is attempted.

PCMs that have had chips have a high failure rate when compared to ones that have only been flashed.

earico

Established Member
Jimmy,

I'm afraid you are correct. I have been trying to get the Predator I have to put a tune on the car. The Predator has the latest firmware on it. With the 4 bank chip removed the Predator tells me that there is already a performance tune on the car and it won't do anything. It states this when it goes to make what it calls the Original Backup. So what is the best way to get the Ecm reflashed to stock? Can Tousley do it?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy,

I'm afraid you are correct. I have been trying to get the Predator I have to put a tune on the car. The Predator has the latest firmware on it. With the 4 bank chip removed the Predator tells me that there is already a performance tune on the car and it won't do anything. It states this when it goes to make what it calls the Original Backup. So what is the best way to get the Ecm reflashed to stock? Can Tousley do it?

This sounds to me like what I remember the symptoms being after a chip removal had damaged a PCM.
You may need someone more experienced with PCM problems than myself, because it is possible that it might be hurt.
I don't want you buying a PCM unless you absolutely need to.

earico

Established Member
Thanks for the help Jimmy.

The plan at this point is to put a friend PCM in my car with the pats disabled to see if my car runs fine with a new PCM. I have a feeling it will since I have been thru the car front to back and can't find anything wrong. If it is I will have to either see if mine can be reflashed and fixed or either replace it.

BTE.....Put the AMZ2 strategy tuned chip in my ECU with a new 4 bank chip and the car still had the same issues.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread