Sticker shock!

04screamingvert

Established Member
Well I looked at a 2013 gt500 vert today.don't think I will be letting the 04 go any time soon.$76600 wow it did have the candy red paint and full ops but 76600. I think a whipple and mods will be a better deal!

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yep unfortunately the Mustang is becoming less of an Everyday affordable car guy ride and more of a toy for the wealthy. Atleast the GT-500. Like ya said just throw a whipple on your car :)

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
well at least one day the 2013s will trickle down to prices "we" can afford (not sure im part of that "we" lol). cant really say that about a ferrari lol. and while a fully optioned 2013 may top out at $76 while the starting price is $55k, in 5 years the fully optioned one will not be selling for $20k more than a base model. only when new lol. probably more like $5k more.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
The prices for these cars are crazy. Correct me if im wrong but wasent the 03 04 cobra MSRP like 35k?

Quick Strike

Established Member
The prices for these cars are crazy. Correct me if im wrong but wasent the 03 04 cobra MSRP like 35k?

My 03 10th Ann Vert MSRP was 41K. Some dealers were getting 5-10K over MSRP when they first came out. it was 32K by the time I got mine with an A-plan and incentives in September of 03.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Even the GT isn't the everyday man's car anymore with prices in the $30k range. Anything with Shelby on it is overpriced, some like he got more heavily involved basically replacing SVT. I think if SVT would have stayed onboard in the capacity they were with the Terminator the GT500's would be far less expensive.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
. Mine was 42 and some change. I paid 32 for it with 2500 miles on it. I am betting I can still get close to 30 for it today with less than 7k on the odo.

DE07GT

Established Member
Probably cheaper than what they'll want around here. I've bought my cars in Maryland, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey because the prices here are artificially high. The dealership down the road wants $50k for a Boss with a 43 MSRP that has been on the lot for a year with a dead battery. I would never buy a new car off the lot.. if I'm putting down the money, I'll order it how I want and make sure it doesn't have 20-30 miles of "test drives" on it.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
GT500s have always been a bit too high for me, now the 2013 is completely out of the question.

Pretty awesome car though and essentially the Terminator2.
Once there are more 2013 GT500s on the streets, I'm pretty sure there are going to be a lot of ZL1 tears.:(:cryying::whine:

dom418

Established Member
Agreed. Muscle cars were supposed to be affordable to the working man but today that principle is out the window. I think a fully loaded gt500 coupe will set you back $70k or more out the door. I think you are still getting a lot of car for the money when you look at what the car does compared to others that are more expensive. Ford just put the car out of reach for so many. I fully loaded gt is almost $40k.

You can't compare the prices of the 03-04 to the Shelby. Yes it's twice the price, but it's a lot more car out of the box and much better built. I just love the Terminator body and seats, I don't care how old and poorly built it is

peteypab2133

Established Member
Was that $76K with any dealer markup?

Would have to be. Even if you fully load up a vert its only like $68/69,000. Find a nice base model that stickers for $54,500 and ask to pay $50/51,000 got mine for Almost 2k under

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
76k is with dealer markup. tell them to go fly a kite. i worked for ford for 6 years up until 2 months ago. trust me there are dealers that will see it for a lot less to make a sale. the end of the month will be your friend if your trying to buy one.

mrose75

Established Member
Another member posted that he ordered one through the Military car sales over in Korea and he'll pick it up when he gets back stateside. I believe he said he's paying $55K. Thinking about going to Korea for a year to get one....

Users who are viewing this thread