Sticker shock!

svtrookie

Established Member
Looks like I will be waiting a long time. Hopefully they will start selling for msrp at the end of the year when more roll out. This reminds me of last years boss craze..markup want as bad though.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Best bang for the back is the 11-12 Shelby's w/ aluminum block. Imo buy one of them and put a vmp tvs on it and your ready to roll...That's my move within the next 2yrs.

mrose75

Established Member
Best bang for the back is the 11-12 Shelby's w/ aluminum block. Imo buy one of them and put a vmp tvs on it and your ready to roll...That's my move within the next 2yrs.

This was my thought process too, except I want a 200 mph car....:shrug:

germeezy1

Established Member
This is one of my frustrations with the GT500, and while I have no problem paying that kind of money for a car. I just think that $70,000 introduces other possibilities into the picture for some other new cars , and for others used cars built right. The next gen car is reported to cost even more, and quite frankly I think they will lose traditional Mustang buyers. I remember working for Ford when the price of a new GT500 was $43,000.

So I am considering a 2011 or 2012 with the SVTPP, and adding a Griggs GR40 kit with Watts link as well as the OEM 2013 GT500 blower or the VMP TVS.

46stang

Established Member
My 03 cobra was msrp of $34,995 including the $1000 gas guzzler tax and that was 10 years ago. When the gt500 came out they were in the low 40's and it's gone up every year since. I hope ford doesn't do what toyota did with the supra in the 90's and price it so high, the people who can afford the car have no desire to own a car made by ford or Toyota. I'm not a supra fan boy by any means but I want to the mustang to be around for at least another 50 years!! I will wait a few years and hopefully pick one up used in the high $30 to low $40K range.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Plenty of people are getting these for sticker, they start at around $54K and work up to $64K loaded out.

Still expensive for most people. But you do get a whole lot for your $$$.

I chose to go new 5.0 and power adder. Plus I got the auto, that you can't get in the GT500 or Boss.

It still amazes me that this is even offered. I remember when 225 HP engine in the old 5.0's felt fast! LOL.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Plenty of people are getting these for sticker, they start at around $54K and work up to $64K loaded out.

Still expensive for most people. But you do get a whole lot for your $$$.

I chose to go new 5.0 and power adder. Plus I got the auto, that you can't get in the GT500 or Boss.

It still amazes me that this is even offered. I remember when 225 HP engine in the old 5.0's felt fast! LOL.

:lol: Me too! Those were the fastest thing on the streets at that time - wow have times changed! Now the v6 models put out that same power.:lol1:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Yeah, these things are definitely getting pricey. Especially when you consider that they'll drop around 25K in value over the next 5 years. Is any car worth 5K/year in depreciation? Oh yeah, and during those 5 years Ford will release an all-new GT500 which will be lighter, faster, and have a substantially upgraded rear-suspension.

I've seen a few pics of in front of members' houses and a few of these are a significant % of what their houses are worth, at which point you have to question peoples' financial priorities. To each their own though...I'm still debating...

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
they are expensive, but comparatively not terrible. Just remember how bad the mark up was on the 07 gt500 when it first came out, dealerships were selling them for $80k. Then the KR came around and dealerships were trying to sale them for around $90-100k. Move forward to now you get twice the car for between $65k and $76k. not bad I suppose.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
76k is with dealer markup. tell them to go fly a kite. i worked for ford for 6 years up until 2 months ago. trust me there are dealers that will see it for a lot less to make a sale. the end of the month will be your friend if your trying to buy one.

I think I would rather just find a Terminator in decent shape, get a bad ass paint job, and throw a motor like the one in your signature in it...that looks like heaven!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread