:project TRMN8 U:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
FINAL DYNO #'S ON PG 5
Ill give ya guys a little background here first. My buddy bought this 2003 Cobra brand new back in 2003. Since 03 he put a lot of time and effort into making her a beast. Unfortunately for him but fortunate for me he only managed to put 5800 miles on the car before i bought if from him in March of this year. the car was treated and maintained very well. Always garaged, hand washed, and given the best fluids.

Since March i put some of my touches on it to make it look the way i want it and was 'content' with the power it was making :D Well back on June 7th myself and some friends were cruising the freeway on our way to a car meet. My buddy rolls next to in his C6Z and we do a little run. Long story short, something in the block let loose on that run and a week later the car was down for the count. My guess is a rod bearing :cryying: she currently sits with 7100 miles on her.

I was now in between a rock and a hard place in what direction i wanted to head with the car knowing the motor has to come out. It was either time to go big or go home, and as most of my friends know me, i went big...VERY BIG. I figured now is the time seeing as the motor/trans will be out and me and my fiance plan to try and make some babies next year. So without further ado here is the my current mod list and what is on order...Stay tuned for project TRMN8 U (my license plate) :rockon:

Engine: KooKs 1 3/4 LT headers w/ 3 inch collector- 3 inch OR/Xpipe-MAC 3 inch catback-Comp stage 3 blower cams-Comp valvesprings/retainers-Ported lower intake manifold-Canton 7qt oil pan-Metco idler pulleys- LPF intercooler tank- AFCO heat exchanger-Accufab SBTB-LDC cooling mod-Energy suspension motor mounts-Optima battery

Driveline: Steeda Diff support- Steeda clutch quadrant and fire wall adjuster- MGW shofter shifter (orange handle)-CobraBoB shifter gasket-DSS level 5 halfshafts

Suspension: QA1 tubular K member and A arms-Tokico adjustable drag struts w/ QA1 coil overs-Steeda sport springs w/ QA1 drag shocks-Steeda caster camber plates-Steeda bump steer kit-Kenny Brown subframe connectors-Snowperformance rear shock tower brace-everything Maximum Motorsports sells for the IRS

Wheels: AFS 18 inch Reps paint matched to the car w/ a matte clearcoat-Nitto 275 F & 335DR R tires-MM 3/8 spacer for rear- ARP extended wheel studs for rear-rolled rear fenders

PARTS ORDERED 7/11/12 and arrived: MMR 4.75L 900se stroker shortblock w/ lots of ARP upgrades-Whipple 3.4L SC (non crusher)-JLT highboost intake w/ SCT BA3000 MAF-Bosch 105lb injectors-D&D performance 26 spline input shaft-Mcleod RXT twin disk clutch kit-Mcleod steel flywheel-Canton PS reservoir-few other little odds and ends.

ordered and arrived! Glenns performance 1400 return style fuel system w/ Eliminator fuel pump & sump gas tank-Division X fuel rails-Canton coolant tank-Reichard 3.20 Whipple pulley-Metco idler pulley-Custom coil covers-JLT oil separator-EGR delete-Gates HD green belts-misc gaskets/bolts-E85 TUNE!

Big thanks goes out to Ironhand, thanks for all the help man! very knowledgeable guy fellas :beer:

heres a pic of me doing work (dont worry im not sitting on the fender lol)
mycobra2.jpg

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
she should rip when done thats forsure lol.

gabe yes i have a spec stage 3+ clutch in there now that will be for sale, has about 2500 miles on it.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
I got it for the same price as the 4.6 but couldn't swing the 5.0L..

SVTwhore

Established Member
Where in WI are you located? Milwaukee area? I'm in Janesville myself and haven't seen any 03-04's in the area. There has only been one in town and he was up from Springfield, IL. His was super ragged out, beat to piss and all dented. I would like to check your car out when all is said and done.

Was the Eaton ever ported? If so I would be interested if you're looking to sell it to fund other goodies. Also I see your looking to get a stock crank pulley. What do you have on it currently? I'm looking to get a Metco 4lb lower kit, if you have something like that maybe we could work out a trade plus cash your way.

Last edited:

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Sweet! Sounds like a dream build. Good thing your doing this now before kids. I just got my cobra and ave 10 month old twins and rhe car budget will take a hit!

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
thanks guys.

im down in Racine. yea i need the stock crank pulley setup. i am currently running the Metco 4lb lower so we could work something out. the ported eaton is sold already. sorry. yea once shes running we should meet man.

Ironhand

Banned
Where in WI are you located? Milwaukee area? I'm in Janesville myself and haven't seen any 03-04's in the area. There has only been one in town and he was up from Springfield, IL. His was super ragged out, beat to piss and all dented. I would like to check your car out when all is said and done.

Was the Eaton ever ported? If so I would be interested if you're looking to sell it to fund other goodies. Also I see your looking to get a stock crank pulley. What do you have on it currently? I'm looking to get a Metco 4lb lower kit, if you have something like that maybe we could work out a trade plus cash your way.

You're not too far from me as well.

The car scene up here is alot different then down south.

Before I went to a car show I had only seen 4 fast Fords in about a years span.

Users who are viewing this thread