:project TRMN8 U:

SVTwhore

Established Member
You're not too far from me as well.

The car scene up here is alot different then down south.

Before I went to a car show I had only seen 4 fast Fords in about a years span.

Agreed! I spent some time down south while in the military and it's hands down a better scene. Where I'm at the only cruising spot seems to be almost as many cops as people cruising. On top of that the only people that ever want to play around are the kids in their ragged out civics/integras. I mean, since when does rockin a primer paint job and big dumb muffler make your car fast... I have a coworker that's always trying to compare his na 2.0L auto Mazda 3 to my Cobra :dw: But it has a catback and CAI :kaboom:

That said there is going to be an all Ford shoot out at the track in Byron, IL on August 25, I'll be hitting that up for sure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is quite an impressive list of mods there. Quality parts FTW. That is going to be an awesome ride when finished. I like your plate, too! :)

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
thanks Cobra bob. oh and how could i forget! i have the Cobrabob shifter gasket as well ;)

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
UPDATE: heres the first of several shipments to come in :D

001-6.jpg

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
UPDATE!
today me and my brother along with a couple buddies pulled the motor/trans from the car. from start to finish we had her out in 5 hours!...pulling it from the top to :banana:
i pulled the oil pan off to access the damage but nothing appeared abnormal at all. so on tuesday i will pull off the heads and crank to find out forsure, then post the shortblock up forsale for someone looking for a project, so pass the word :)
the trans will be going up to IRONHAND on wednesday to get the26 spline input shaft installed.

001-7.jpg

007-1.jpg

the pooch!
005-4.jpg

015-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

024-2.jpg

025-2.jpg

026-2.jpg

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
ALL parts have been ordered! now to ?patiently? wait :dancenana:

P.S. pulled the motor apart to find out the damage...spun all 4 rear rod bearings. FAIL!

Last edited:

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
UPDATE

alright i know its been awhile since an update here but ive been super busy with work and well, waiting on parts.

i now have everything in exception of the shortblock, which hopefully will be here by the end of next week if not sooner.
heres a litte eye candy. excuse the crap pics.

3.4L of goodness!
007-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

008-3.jpg

004-6.jpg

003-9.jpg

001-10.jpg

26 spline and LP sleeve installed by Cory @ Ironhand
002-10.jpg

Fast Willy

Established Member
hey man do yourself a favor, use the factory clutch cable. The piece that makes the steeda one adjustable is garbage as it will slowly loosen over time and also I have had 2 of those cables snap on me and never had an issue with the factory one.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Whitedevil-I mis shift from 3rd to 4th, revving the motor for a couple seconds before realizing and let off. That some how caused the damage or atleast what pushed it over the edge. I'm sure there was more to but I tore down the block to the bare bones amd nothing stuck out as 'thats what caused it' so I guess I'll really never know.

Fast willy-thanks for the heads up, I'll have to keep a close eye on it until I can locate a stock one

Last edited:

nanastymach1

Established Member
U need to go ahead and get the mmr 1000 with the better rods a d the crusher wnd just be done..I was in the same boat and......ur gona go with this and be happy for a while then ur gona go turbo....lol

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
im sure 800 or so whp will be plenty for me and for the future man. its already gonna be risky on the streets, no need for more power with my intentions for the car..

Users who are viewing this thread