how many of you do this

testorossa1989

Established Member
My cobras in the garage in a storage state and every few weeks I lift the cover and just sit in it for a couple of minutes and fall in love all over again. Who does this?? Post your stories!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I no longer have my Cobra, but I used to do the same thing. I wouldn't actually take it out on the street (well, once I did), but I would either just stare at her, or pull the cover enough to climb behind the wheel. Yeah, I definitely would swoon a bit and relish the thought of Spring approaching. :)

mysticvenom623

Established Member
My cobras in the garage in a storage state and every few weeks I lift the cover and just sit in it for a couple of minutes and fall in love all over again. Who does this?? Post your stories!

I just bought mine but I have sat in it a few times thinking of driving in the spring with the top down and a cup of coffee in hand. :)

Actually my 3 year old has been bugging me to take the "snake car" out but I keep telling her another month or so.

Where in NY are you?

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't sit in it, (why put the extra wear on the seat getting in and out?) but I do open the garage door once a day, turn on the light and catch a glimpse.

sledneck696

Established Member
I started mine up yesterday had to move it over abit in the garage. Put a nice smile on my face, cant wait for the nice weather

mrose75

Established Member
I did this last weekend for the first time in a long time. It felt pretty good. I also cleaned my filter and put on my BAP. Lots of more work to do, I can't wait to ride in her again.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I have been finishing up this winters round of upgrades lately and finally had it out today to break in the gear a little. I still need a full tune, but I was able to run around a few miles to heat the gear up some. Can't wait for the new tune, especially with E-85!!! It has been much harder this off-season as it went down early last year for rear end work and there haven't been any decent days to get it out yet. Very soon though :)

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
When I first bought it in November I did exactly what you described for the first few weeks. Since then my garage has been to cold to go out there more than a few minutes, lol. In March I plan on pulling off the cover, installing new battery, new rear tires, and changing out the fluids in motor and tranny. After that the plan is to install the new fuel system and just enjoy the car this summer while I save up for a blower. The warmer weather will be here soon enough!!

Real2000CobraR

Powerstroke God
Established Member
I do the same thing also. Lol I bought my cobra in NC a couple months ago. I drove 600 miles home to upstate NY only to wash and wax it that day before it was put away for the winter. So it's still a new car to me and every time it snows its heart breaking lol. It's that much longer I have to wait for the salt and crap to disappear. I go in the garage and stare at it all the time. But it will be worth it in the end.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Thank god Im not the only one, I drive mine almost everyday but days I dont drive it I stare at it or stop and take a moment to appreciate it as I walk by. Its a very funny but awesome attachment lol

Comp_04

Established Member
I'm glad I'm in Texas. Have been driving my cobra since I got it in early December. Just turned to 78k miles and drive it without worrying about miles because I'm having a good time. I sit In mine for about 5 min or so almost every day. Bought the car on December 20, 2012 at 76536 and as of right now has 78067

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Weekend warrior, and I could drive her everyday if I wanted too.
I do miss her on the weekdays though. :burnout:

.SAINT.

VETKILR
Established Member
I just put it away a lil bit ago, my brother in law (who's a die hard Chevrolet fan) has been dying to race me in his nitrous GTO... So I went out and picked up some milk and bread cuz my wife asked then handed him out his ass whoppin on the way home, from a roll, roll, dig and then another roll...

dom418

Established Member
I used to wait so that way when I pulled the cover off for the first time in the spring, it was like Christmas. Now I store it out of my garage so I really can't wait to see her again. I browse the pics on my iPad weekly for my fix

weaselp1

Established Member

Same here...I lift the cover and sit in it every couple of weeks....its like a freaking striptease lifting off the cover..knowing i cant drive, but just see..lately when friends come over that haven't seen the cobra, i ask them if they want to see it just so i can take the cover off...lol spring cant come fast enough...in milwaukee, we probably have another solid month before that first hard rain hits...i cant wait for that first rain...when we get it, I will be in the garage prepping the cobra so i will be ready when i can actually drive it. i think a vacation day might be spent this year on the first good day we have just so i can drive the cobra around! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread