Built Mach 1 trade for 03/04 Cobra?

Apicia

Established Member
I have a 2004 Mach 1 with only 13k original miles. She has a fully forged motor, makes 18-20 psi of boost, and through a manual transmission would make well over 600rwhp. Through the built automatic, Pro-Torque converter, and built 4.10 31-spline rearend, she is a mid/high 10 second car. This car is very fast and fun to drive. Needs nothing. Spent of 24k in the past two months.

Sold!

UPDATED PICS HERE: Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

04Mach2.jpg

Short Block:
DSS 4.6 SUPER MODular Max Quench (8.5:1)
Level 10 Race Prepped Iron Block
Balanced to Race Tolerances and Blueprinted
Deck Equalized and Squared
Deck Plate Bored and Honed .020 over
Forged Pro-X Series Pistons 18cc
4340 Forged 5.933” Full Floating H-Beams with ARP 2000 Bolts
Forged Cobra Crank 3.543” stroke
Billet Main Support System with custom ARP Main Studs
Ford Racing High Volume Oil Pump

Power Adder & Engine Components:
ProCharger D1SC Polished Supercharger Kit @ 18-20psi
3-Core Intercooler by ProCharger
ProCharger Enclosed Red Race Valve
BBK Twin 62mm Throttle Body
PMAS Pro Tube Blowthru MAF (BA-3000 calibration)
Innovators West 10% Overdrive Crank Pulley
3.4" ProCharger 8-Rib Pulley
8-Rib Pulley Conversion
Anderson Motorsports Power Pipe
NGK TR6ix Spark Plugs
04 Cobra COPs
SCT X3 Power Flash Handheld Programmer

Transmission, Chassis, & Rearend:
Built AODE/4R75W
ProTorque 10.5" Converter
Front Mount Transmission Cooler
4.10 Gears
31-Spline Differential
31-Spline Axles
Subframe Connectors
Vogtland Lowering Springs

Fuel System (return style):
Twin Walbro 255 Inline Fuel Pumps
Weldon Bypass Regulator
Aeromotive 10 Micron Fuel Filter
Aeromotive 100 Micron Fuel Filter
Aeromotive Fuel Rails
63lb Sieman Deka Fuel Injectors
8an Supply and 6an Return Fuel Lines

Exhaust:
MAC Ceramic Coated Full Length Headers
Lethal Performance Catted X-Pipe for MAC Full Length Headers
Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust w/ 3.5” Tips
Rear O2 Sensor Wire Extensions

Gauges & Interior:
IUP Interior Upgrade Package
Auto Meter Ultra-Lite Boost Gauge
Auto Meter Ultra-Lite Fuel Pressure Gauge
ProPod Dual Gauge Instrument Cluster Bezel
ACC Mach 1 Floor Mats
Line-Lock Switch

Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Appearance:
265/35/18 BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW NTs (Front)
305/35/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (Rear)
18x9 Black FR500 Front Wheels
18x10 Black FR500 DD Rear Wheels
Gorilla Black Chrome Tuner Lug Nuts
Powerstop Slotted and Drilled Rotors
Powerstop Ceramic Brake Pads
SLP Line Lock
Tinted Windows
Vinyl Tail Light Overlays
Stainless Security License Plate Screws

dscn0860.gif

dscn0838.gif

dscn0900.gif

dscn0885.gif

dscn1000.gif

dscn0893.gif

dscn0937.gif

dscn0870.gif

dscn0904.gif

Last edited:

siksvt03cobra

Established Member
I will vouch for this car, its my brothers old car. It was pro built with no expence spared... Good Luck with the sale/ trade

Apicia

Established Member
Which car do you like better?

I like the solid rear in the new edge Mustangs. The IRS is horrible in the Cobra. If I got another Cobra, I would install a SRA immediately if it didn't come with one. Both the Mach and Cobra need power adders upgrades. The Machs are sharp, the interiors are better (with IUP), and you can't beat the shaker. :bowdown: Both cars are great with 600rwhp.

Ideally, I would like to find an 03-04 Saleen and build the powertrain. I would also enjoy modding another Cobra. I just lose interest after the modding process is over. It's not like the build phase is that enjoyable, so therapy might be needed, j/k. :dw:

Apicia

Established Member
how much if u were to sell it

In this market, I would not attempt to sell her outright. Worst selling market I have ever seen. A trade would negate sales tax too (here in MA). I would always be willing to hear offers if someone really took a liking to her.

DrZacharyus

Banned
I like the solid rear in the new edge Mustangs. The IRS is horrible in the Cobra. If I got another Cobra, I would install a SRA immediately if it didn't come with one. Both the Mach and Cobra need power adders upgrades. The Machs are sharp, the interiors are better (with IUP), and you can't beat the shaker. :bowdown: Both cars are great with 600rwhp.

Ideally, I would like to find an 03-04 Saleen and build the powertrain. I would also enjoy modding another Cobra. I just lose interest after the modding process is over. It's not like the build phase is that enjoyable, so therapy might be needed, j/k. :dw:

I am in the market looking at both and I saw that you had the D1SC M1 as well as this one too. Do you like the power delivery of the D1 over the Eaton? I have driven both and I prefer the tranquility until boost of the Centrifugal. I just want high 300's low 400's till I am done with school, I think the M1 is the way to go...

Apicia

Established Member
I am in the market looking at both and I saw that you had the D1SC M1 as well as this one too. Do you like the power delivery of the D1 over the Eaton? I have driven both and I prefer the tranquility until boost of the Centrifugal. I just want high 300's low 400's till I am done with school, I think the M1 is the way to go...

The D1SC will make more power than the Eaton. I would not run a D1SC on a stock setup though. It will feel lazy. A P1SC and Eaton will both make 500rwhp, but the Eaton will need a lower crank pulley. Only buy the D1 if you want to build the motor later on.

Apicia

Established Member

Too bad you didn't live closer. One drive in this car and you would sh*t yourself!

DrZacharyus

Banned
The D1SC will make more power than the Eaton. I would not run a D1SC on a stock setup though. It will feel lazy. A P1SC and Eaton will both make 500rwhp, but the Eaton will need a lower crank pulley. Only buy the D1 if you want to build the motor later on.

I could just imagine going for a ride in that beast, I would probably shit all over your seat's leather lol. I am talking about running the D1SC on a Mach 1 as a bolt-on part. I plan on building the motor a year or so down the road but not right away as it would be my DD. I like the ProCharger over Vortech just because of the sound and step-up ratios

Apicia

Established Member
Would be more to my liking if it was a manual car, but I understand the auto for track purposes.

With all that rwhp, the auto almost drives like a manual with regard to fun street driving. The stall converter is fantastic. I was surprised how fun the auto was, and I was skeptical like you.

Apicia

Established Member
Really feeling Redfire lately, maybe just a passing fad. Bump to see if their is any interest.

Users who are viewing this thread