C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
It's ok GT500 owners the new C7Z is about to be rivaled and put you back in your place like the C6z did lol :)

Yes, Mustangs and Corvettes were meant to be compared... A pony car against a sports car... A heavy four seater against a light two seater. Sounds right.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I think you are forgetting the extra 207 hp to

With that logic you can just add to the equitation a top fuel dragester.

They are two entirely different cars is the point. Ford GT and a Corvette, now that is what can be compared to the Corvette. Anything else is just cars outrunning others in different classes.

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I love how vette owners brag when the vette is faster than the mustang (which they were never meant to compete with each other) and then cry when the vette is compared to the Ford GT.

Chevy is just pathetic these days. The fact that the mustang is now compared with the vette and the shitty camaro is hardly ever brought into the conversation just shows that Ford is obviously doing things right. The Ford GT was designed to compete with the vette and it obviously did it's job more than well, and you vette owners can't cry and say the Ford GT is a $150,000 super car. If the GT came back into production those numbers would plummet.

Vette owners are seriously like the big bullies on the playground. You guys have a much larger motor with a much lighter more aerodynamic car. The vette shouldn't be anywhere near the same league as the mustang. Instead of trying to brag that the vette is better than the mustang (which it should always be) you guys should be mad that Chevy had done such a shitty job that mustangs are now compared to it.

cam346

Established Member
Let's hope so because the zl1 and c7 can't.

lol well the gt500 is ford top car the zl1 will never be the high power car because of the vette. and like I said this is the regular vette. I am sure there are some h/c ones running around and there are some fast zl1 too.:coolman:

cam346

Established Member
I love how vette owners brag when the vette is faster than the mustang (which they were never meant to compete with each other) and then cry when the vette is compared to the Ford GT.

Chevy is just pathetic these days. The fact that the mustang is now compared with the vette and the shitty camaro is hardly ever brought into the conversation just shows that Ford is obviously doing things right. The Ford GT was designed to compete with the vette and it obviously did it's job more than well, and you vette owners can't cry and say the Ford GT is a $150,000 super car. If the GT came back into production those numbers would plummet.

Vette owners are seriously like the big bullies on the playground. You guys have a much larger motor with a much lighter more aerodynamic car. The vette shouldn't be anywhere near the same league as the mustang. Instead of trying to brag that the vette is better than the mustang (which it should always be) you guys should be mad that Chevy had done such a shitty job that mustangs are now compared to it.
why should chevy be mad the gt500 is compare to a lot of cars not just the vette. not all vette owner are ass hole.

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
why should chevy be mad the gt500 is compare to a lot of cars not just the vette. no all vette owner are ass hole.

Never said they were assholes... Just most of the ones on here walk around talkin about how the vette is so much better than the mustang and blah blah blah... It should be better than the mustang... Way better. And it's not. Yes it is better than the mustang but not by much.

And then those same guys cry when the vette is compared to the GT. Then they're like, well that's not fair the GT is in a different league. No it's not. It's in the same league, just way better than the vette.

Now I was born and raised a Chevy guy, but as I got older and did research and did actual comparisons, Ford out performs Chevy hands down. You can't be a true gear head and deny the Ford's performance division is way better than Chevy's. Maybe not in some of the professional arenas but as for the consumer cars, Ford is way better. Still all the Chevy guys are gonna say "well wait till the C7Z comes out, it will destroy all."

It should destroy all because it really has nothing to compete with on the domestic side. Yeah we have the new Viper, which is a bad ass car, but for some reason just never really does all that well unless it's heavily modded. And you all know damn well that if the GT ever came back, Ford would make pretty ****ing sure that not a damn thing domestic would even hold a candle to it.

Last edited:

mrlrd1

Established Member
Vette owners are seriously like the big bullies on the playground. You guys have a much larger motor with a much lighter more aerodynamic car.

Bad analogy. The Corvette is more like Bruce Lee: lightning quick, nimble, and packs a big punch in a little package. The Mustang is more like Blaster from Mad Max: big, dumb, slow, and ugly.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Bad analogy. The Corvette is more like Bruce Lee: lightning quick, nimble, and packs a big punch in a little package. The Mustang is more like Blaster from Mad Max: big, dumb, slow, and ugly.

That is an even worse analogy, Bruce Lee would have never gotten his ass kicked by Blaster.

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member

Please don't ever insult Bruce like that again.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
lol well the gt500 is ford top car the zl1 will never be the high power car because of the vette. and like I said this is the regular vette. I am sure there are some h/c ones running around and there are some fast zl1 too.:coolman:

Excuses much? The zl1 is a turd stock. Plain and simple. Don't give me the it's just the base model excuse it's a 60k+ sports car :poke:

OneSlowV

Established Member
You get what you pay for when you buy a vette. Handling and power there is not a mustang that puts out similar power that can take a vette.

Blown02

Established Member
a true enthusiast loves and appreciates them all... they all have their pros and cons..

Id love to have a '14 gt500 sitting next to my z..

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
You get what you pay for when you buy a vette. Handling and power there is not a mustang that puts out similar power that can take a vette.

Yes, a Mustang has beaten a Corvette.

Yes, a lighter car in a different performance class can outrun the heavier one at similar power levels. That is expected. A 500 HP Aerial Atom would outrun a 500 HP Corvette. They aren't the same class of vehicles. Just as a Mustang and Corvette are in different classes.

If GM fan boys want to brag about beating the Mustang they are going to have to wait until the Camaro can do so, otherwise it is meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread