C7 Auto vs. 2014 Shelby from a dig

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
So you were not aware most GT500 owner are one dimensional and that they bought the car to be used one the hwy or spotlight to stoplight?

Interesting

Last time I checked 99.99999999% of car owners buy cars for this exact same reason.

GM marketing made all these road race qualities a selling point, and the fanboys are eating it up, yet 99.999999999% of them will never set foot on a course, most will never even drive past one.

Fascinating

99% huh, small bubble of car owners you know then I guess :shrug:.... i know plenty of ppl who buy cars for the track and canyon drives. I guess I just happen to know that 1% :shrug:

How is it you can say that most GT500's are bought to be used on the highway or light to light, but when someone brings up that the camaro will most likely be used in the same fashion, you all of a sudden know all of the 1% of owners that like to track their cars? Theres plenty of GT500's out there on the track as well... Contradict yourself much? Must be a small bubble of GT500 owners you know.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
From GM: "Reduced curb weight: The naturally aspirated Z/28 weighs 300 pounds less than the supercharged Camaro ZL1"

Sounds like the Z28 will be ~ 3,800 lbs. Better pull off the road for a Starbucks if you see the big snake.... :lol1:

The GT500 will flat out embarrass the Z28 in any straight-line acceleration race. The ZL1 and Z28 give a new definition to the term slow pig, and here we always thought the GT500 was the definition of it.

However, it will RAPE the GT500 on a road course. Because of one word, GRIP. 5th gens are so slow and balanced with wide sticky tires it shouldn't even be a question why GM is all of a sudden latching onto lap time metrics.

The GT500 is overpowered and fairly light in comparison to a ZL1, so while the ZL1 stuck to the pavement, the GT500 was sideways 98% of the time. The Z28 will be even more planted.

The GT500 is such a ridiculously unnecessary car, I love it, **** magazine lap times on factory tires. :lol1: If you actually take your car to road course events, then you should consider not buying a ****ing pony car.

I like how all the GM fans are holding onto lap times released by GM, yet they have never or have no intention of ever actually taking their cars to a road course.

I'd take light and powerful over slow and balanced everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Reminds me of 2002 when the C5 Z06 with runflats got bested by a lowly N/A V6 NSX on all the road course tests. Of course you will never hear GM fans use words like one dimensional when it's a scenario like that.

Last edited:

96lazervert

Established Member
The GT500 will flat out embarrass the Z28 in any straight-line acceleration race. The ZL1 and Z28 give a new definition to the term slow pig, and here we always thought the GT500 was the definition of it.

However, it will RAPE the GT500 on a road course. Because of one word, GRIP. 5th gens are so slow and balanced with wide sticky tires it shouldn't even be a question why GM is all of a sudden latching onto lap time metrics.

The GT500 is overpowered and fairly light in comparison to a ZL1, so while the ZL1 stuck to the pavement, the GT500 was sideways 98% of the time. The Z28 will be even more planted.

The GT500 is such a ridiculously unnecessary car, I love it, **** magazine lap times on factory tires. :lol1: If you actually take your car to road course events, then you should consider not buying a ****ing pony car.

I like how all the GM fans are holding onto lap times released by GM, yet they have never or have no intention of ever actually taking their cars to a road course.

I'd take light and powerful over slow and balanced everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Reminds me of 2002 when the C5 Z06 with runflats got bested by a lowly N/A V6 NSX on all the road course tests. Of course you will never hear GM fans use words like one dimensional when it's a scenario like that.

If a Z28 with a 427 is so slow, your 500 horse cobra is too. Fair enough?

BLK_03

Established Member
Not once, in my 10 years of owning my Cobra and racing it on the streets or track, have I beaten someone and had them say... "Yeah... well .....let's go to a road course."

Those standing behind this argument, like the C7 owner in this race, are all fggts, lol.

96lazervert

Established Member
Not once, in my 10 years of owning my Cobra and racing it on the streets or track, have I beaten someone and had them say... "Yeah... well .....let's go to a road course."

Those standing behind this argument, like the C7 owner in this race, are all fggts, lol.

Probably because your car is obviously purpose built. I think a blind man could figure out it won't handle. I'm under the impression the Gt500 is considered a respectable contender on a road course. No?

Yellow03snake

Established Member
Probably because your car is obviously purpose built. I think a blind man could figure out it won't handle. I'm under the impression the Gt500 is considered a respectable contender on a road course. No?

Just stop already.....clearly you are a forum racer...I can guarantee you've been in less than 1 street race ever........LSdicksuckers.com is That a way......>>>>>>>>

BLK_03

Established Member

Who cares.

Introduce your face to the business end of a moving train.

No?

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Being a 2013 427 Collectors Edition Corvette owner and a 2014 Shelby GT 500 owner I can tell you that the Shelby has far more power than the Corvette. I drive both cars and my Vette would smoke the new C7s. So even though I havent run a new C7 I know the Shelby driven right would smoke the tires off a new C7.

I am basing this off the fact I drive both models and my own personal driving experience. Any car can be beat depending on the driver and road conditions.
From a dig, the C7 A6 will kick the crap out of your 427. You might stop the pull somewhere past the 1/8th mile, but won't have anywhere near enough to come around it. And unless you're one of the couple of people that have gone quicker than 11.5 in a stock '13/'14 GT500, you'd probably lose that one too.
Sorry, those are just the facts.
S.

96lazervert

Established Member
Just stop already.....clearly you are a forum racer...I can guarantee you've been in less than 1 street race ever........LSdicksuckers.com is That a way......>>>>>>>>

Your wrong on that one but think what you want. Like I said I'm not brand conscience like most on the forum but there is more than one type of racing. Just because some aren't interested in it doesn't mean it doesn't exist or matter like Black03. Grow up dude. Why get so chapped over facts that aren't meant to be taken negatively.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
From a dig, the C7 A6 will kick the crap out of your 427. You might stop the pull somewhere past the 1/8th mile, but won't have anywhere near enough to come around it. And unless you're one of the couple of people that have gone quicker than 11.5 in a stock '13/'14 GT500, you'd probably lose that one too.
S.

You took the words right out of my mouth!! Congrats on your C7 times too!!

Last edited:

Bob04cobra04

Banned
S.

I am Corvette biased and still have to say you are full of shit. You run a 11.6 on the fastest track on the planet, in perfect conditions, and think you and your C7 are king shit. I have news for you, a GT-500, C6 Z06, and a 427 Vette will bust your ASS with the right driver. Same day same track the lowly C7 will lose……

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
I am Corvette biased and still have to say you are full of shit. You run a 11.6 on the fastest track on the planet, in perfect conditions, and think you and your C7 are king shit. I have news for you, a GT-500, C6 Z06, and a 427 Vette will bust your ASS with the right driver. Same day same track the lowly C7 will lose……
It was 11.4. And Atco is far from the "fastest track on the planet". It's about on par with Etown, MIR, Cecil and several others. Hell, Cecil is downhill.
I'm not sure where I said I was "king shit". And considering I also have a '13 GT500 (that has gone 11.3 bone stock) and I never mentioned a C6 Z06 I don't think you know what the you are talking about, Bob.
You know what you sound like, Bob? An internet racer. How about going out to the track and spend less time typing?
S.

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
Im just gonna leave this right here...

[youtube_browser]gAl3UvngjDM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]LpIBDeYF1XM[/youtube_browser]

Ford owns it right now if you want to seriously talk about straightlining anything against the best of what Ford has to offer period the end.

Show me anything that is remotely close to doing what Ford did YEARS ago, and the minute you clammer to toss some bowtie badged garbage in the mix, let me remind you....

Ford has been doing this for the past 4-5 years with ease, and now they will come out with a Forced induction version that will do it better, faster, and more effectively.

If Ford wanted to beat a vette they would....oh wait they did about 4 years ago and proved if they wanted to make a Vette killer they could.

[youtube_browser]0UAnlMNvK8Y[/youtube_browser]

I still cannot beleive that you think people buy a Camaro or Mustang to go around a track and take to the strip. It is one or the other and I can promise you 3 out of every 4 people arent looking for lap times in there GT500's they are looking to see how many bus lengths they can put on a ZL1/Z28 or Ha the SS.

JTR

Last edited:

flS/R

Established Member
looking at that video of the cobra jet in action is very intimidating. I don't know if I would be able to control the urge to take it on the street and keep it in one piece. Because of this, I would take the corvette, just be sure to make it convertible so I can use the excuse of not wanting to mess up my hair while driving slow

Poppacapp

Established Member
S.

Who cares about 1/4 mile... the races most of us will be seeing will be on the highway... and buh bye C7.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Who cares about 1/4 mile... the races most of us will be seeing will be on the highway... and buh bye C7.
I'd agree with that when comparing a C7 to a '13/'14 GT500.
But the title of this thread includes "from a dig", and for those of you who probably can't drive your older GT500's worth a shit, you'd be chasing C7 tail lights the whole way down the track.
S.

Poppacapp

Established Member
I'd agree with that when comparing a C7 to a '13/'14 GT500.
But the title of this thread includes "from a dig", and for those of you who probably can't drive your older GT500's worth a shit, you'd be chasing C7 tail lights the whole way down the track.
S.

The above statement would be true for any car that the driver mod is missing. Not very hard to press the pedal down in an auto, and claim glorious victory over the faster car without traction. I would assume proper drag radials, would more than make up for the autos advantage. Hell, had this GT500 in this thread had proper tires on the car, the C7 would have needed to replace his front bumper cover.

I for one... cannot wait to run into a C7.... nor a C7Z

Users who are viewing this thread