Cobra Jet Intake manifold CAI Set up interest??

Yagermeister

Established Member
The stock tb is round and will not work whatsoever with the cj intake opening as it is oval. You must use a gt500 tb, cj tb, or a scj tb (all 3 of these are oval).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bigriff85

Established Member
anyone done one of these w/ a procharger set up yet? may try to do one on my i-1...i don't need the cold air portion i could just use the manifold & the cj throttle body...wonder how it would do w/ boost...

Yagermeister

Established Member
Not sure with boost but I do believe Ford Racing says no nitrous

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Let me chime in, I have been with my setup for the last 5k miles with no issues. PBH did the install and 5.0 Mustangs wrote the review. The TB that was used was the dual from Ford Racing and the intake tube was custom built by Jake at PBH.

Regards,

Manuel

bigriff85

Established Member
Jake is one of the nicest guys in the biz. How do you like the car with the new manifold now that you've had it awhile?

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^ he'll be doing my GT next week, with a ported manifold from 01bluesnake. they just put down 453 on another GT with full boltons a few days ago, donno the tq.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Jake is one of the nicest guys in the biz. How do you like the car with the new manifold now that you've had it awhile?

5k miles with the new CJ intake...I love it, when it gets to 5,000 rpm and up it feels like it is on NOS :-D

Manuel

darreng505

Established Member
Here are my results with smokegreyhatch's old setup with using the restricting 2010 JLT CAI.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ntake-manifold-cobra-jet-intake-manifold.html

Nice.

From the dyno charts I've seen, it seems the torque gain is at or still under 400.
I think also, BOSSPOWER's chart has his motor around 397 too.

SmokeyGreyHatch claimed 446 rwtq in his blunt retort higher up on this page, but I haven't seen any dyno charts that high with the CJ intake yet (unless I missed it somewhere).

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Nice.

From the dyno charts I've seen, it seems the torque gain is at or still under 400.
I think also, BOSSPOWER's chart has his motor around 397 too.

SmokeyGreyHatch claimed 446 rwtq in his blunt retort higher up on this page, but I haven't seen any dyno charts that high with the CJ intake yet (unless I missed it somewhere).

His dyno sheets are in his cj thread in the GT forum.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
His dyno sheets are in his cj thread in the GT forum.

The curve from my past Boss intake was the big difference, theres a part in the torque curve where the linear difference is of 14 lbs. from the CJ to the Boss intake.

Regards,

Manuel

darreng505

Established Member
The curve from my past Boss intake was the big difference, theres a part in the torque curve where the linear difference is of 14 lbs. from the CJ to the Boss intake.

Regards,

Manuel

That sounds about right. But it's definitely not 446rwtq as was said.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
That sounds about right. But it's definitely not 446rwtq as was said.

Yes, we tried to squeeze as much HP as we could...used the 2013 TB, the FRPP Mono blade, and finally the FRPP Dual blade which made the most HP and had no driveabilty issues.

M

Users who are viewing this thread