Hellion releases Twin Turbo System for the 5.0L Coyote

stang8psi

Established Member
Again, we will be bluntly honest once we have one here in house for install. We will also be turning the wick up on it with a built motor car to see what the real potential is.

Why Build a motor? apparently factory 5.0's can handle 1000rwhp and 15+psi stock (STOCK) Havent you heard...lol :rollseyes

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
ah nice. What brand and size injectors if you mind me asking?
Another question, are the Twin billet 62s considered an upgrade, or will they be included on the base price of the kit?

They'll be an upgrade. They will be Siemens 80# injectors for $395

Why Build a motor? apparently factory 5.0's can handle 1000rwhp and 15+psi stock (STOCK) Havent you heard...lol :rollseyes

LOL Sure, they'll handle it once or twice. I mean hell, we were making 777 rwhp with a procharger for awhile on a stock motor. But we put one of our built shortblocks in Chris' white car when he did the Hellion single turbo on his car... Just b/c he knew it wouldn't last long and didn't want to do the work twice. LOL

BTrinanes

Established Member
LOL Sure, they'll handle it once or twice. I mean hell, we were making 777 rwhp with a procharger for awhile on a stock motor. But we put one of our built shortblocks in Chris' white car when he did the Hellion single turbo on his car... Just b/c he knew it wouldn't last long and didn't want to do the work twice. LOL

Watch what you say cus people like that ^^^ will run around spreading stupid rumors that you said stock coyote motors can handle 777 rwhp..

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
When are you people gonna learn it isn't what you say but HOW you say it.

Everyone one of you need to go read the rules and understand them.

Love people with under 100 post telling us how to run a site that we have been running the same way for years.

No, how about you learn how to post here.

Don't respond to this either, read it, read the rules and stick to the subject.

Maybe now you understand why i had to fight with these people before lol. None of them have a clue. 99% will never have any kind of power adder. It is something with these new 11+ people. I guess a lot of first time know nothing owners.

Last edited:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
We are going to be getting one in house for ourselves hopefully soon. We will install it and be very honest with fitment. If there are tight spots, you guys will be the first to know. We feel that this kit is going to definitely change a lot of minds about the Hellion systems for the new coyotes.

Again, we will be bluntly honest once we have one here in house for install. We will also be turning the wick up on it with a built motor car to see what the real potential is.

i feel like most aftermarket stuff has to be modified to work lol. i dont know what people are complaining about.:rockon:

acrbill

Established Member
Maybe now you understand why i had to fight with these people before lol. None of them have a clue. 99% will never have any kind of power adder. It is something with these new 11+ people. I guess a lot of first time know nothing owners.

This is the first time I have ever agreed with you. :D

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
I talked with Urist in depth about this kit and he said it's balls out 1 bad ass kit. He also said you need a professional install or a lift due to the headers removal and install. This kit will work for sure. Ken's kit is also great!

Most of you know my car (9.38@152 4000lbs with a stock trans) and I'm a Hellion guy till the end. I love my kit and have made more power and been faster then anyone else with a Stick Shift GT500.

That being said if anyone ever calls me I tell them the problems with the GT500 kit and let them make their own decision. As with any turbo kit....it's never easy. If you want easy buy a Blower.

I personally like a silent but deadly car with turn of a knob or press of a button crazy power....oh yeah without filling a bottle!

D.T.R

Established Member
I talked with Urist in depth about this kit and he said it's balls out 1 bad ass kit. He also said you need a professional install or a lift due to the headers removal and install. This kit will work for sure. Ken's kit is also great!

Most of you know my car (9.38@152 4000lbs with a stock trans) and I'm a Hellion guy till the end. I love my kit and have made more power and been faster then anyone else with a Stick Shift GT500.

That being said if anyone ever calls me I tell them the problems with the GT500 kit and let them make their own decision. As with any turbo kit....it's never easy. If you want easy buy a Blower.

I personally like a silent but deadly car with turn of a knob or press of a button crazy power....oh yeah without filling a bottle!

:beer:
In for more details of what all needs to be modified to accommodate this kit.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
i feel like most aftermarket stuff has to be modified to work lol. i dont know what people are complaining about.:rockon:
I see what your doing here..... :beer:

I saw it at bradenton looks like alot of work.
It is yes but well worth it in the end

I've watched you run many times in person at PBIR. Nothing but respect for your car!!!

One thing I will say about this kit and everyone that is on board, all results will get shown once all testing is finished. Drive-ability is key. Part 1 of the testing with John driving it back to NM from FL. Adjust from there and push forward. :rockon:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
:beer:

Watching with great interest.
We had a Hellion kit on our 05 GT and loved it. There is just something about a turbo car :rockon:

gtmiller1001

Established Member
Hellion is doing all the testing on this system. We are simply posting up their results. So if there are any questions. Please feel free to ask and I can forward the questions off to John and Jeff at Hellion for answers.

I do feel that this kit has the potential of being great. Hellion took all the concerns from the single kit and incorporated them into solutions into this twin kit.

So what now of all the people who had those concerns on the single kit?? They basically just did R&D for free so that Hellion could develop a kit that functions properly (yet to be seen though)

As of now, it's including injectors. I'm sure if you do opt to do a turbo upgrade there will be an option for a Boost-a-Pump or complete fuel system upgrade.

So are the injectors at that price the 80# or smaller? You said the 80# would be an upgrade?

I actually have a pretty good clue, as I had the single on my 5.0.

It's easy to see that this kit will far surpass the single. The biggest (biggest, not only) problem with the single was that the exhaust flow simply surpassed the capability of the kit and back pressure was too high. Running twins nearly fixes that problem by itself. I've said it before and I'll say it here, Hellion has made some good kits. I am simply not a returning customer due to my experience with their single kit for the coyote. I'm confident the twin kit will be better, but I won't put one on my next car.

Just my $.02 from a recent experience WITH a Hellion kit on a coyote.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
So are the injectors at that price the 80# or smaller? You said the 80# would be an upgrade?

Hey Greg, the injectors will be an upgrade in means that this kit will only be available as a tuner kit. Hellion or it's vendors will offer injectors. As per John, he feels that the 80# injectors will best suit the systems needs. The Boost a Pump is the added safety we'll be offering just b/c of the potential a twin system can make. Obviously for those that want to put this system on a built motor and really push it, the jackal fuel system will be available as well for an upgrade.

ttnitemare

F/I Connoisseur
Established Member
I agree these post need to be positive and uplifting. If someone had a problem with a vender it is easy to say I had a problem and not harp on it. I don’t see Hellion as a vender here but it seems this thread extends from BBR. So it’s pretty smart how Hellion gets to promo their new TT kit for the Coyote without having to pay for it:lol1: As for single vs. twin. I have not seen the Single Hellion kit in person but I did see all the problems a customer was having making it work "as delivered" from Motiva. In the end he told me he had to go to a muffler shop and have a few pipes massaged and then he put a screen in front of the MAF to get rid of turbulence as cruise. Setting that aside he was happy with his system.

I have a Granatelli Twin Turbo kit on my 2011 Camaro and I can say unequivocally that I installed it myself with my 13 year son with not a single problem.:rolling: Every nut, bolt, washer, and screw was included - even the zip ties. At 7.6 psi it dyno'd at 606 rwhp and 598 ft/lbs. I also have a 1993 TT Saleen with a turbo system that mounts the turbos in a very similar style as Hellion did in their Coyote kit. It’s great on the dyno (712hp), for around town driving and short WOT passes on the freeway but I drove from Tempe AZ to Tucson AZ on a cool night to see just how fast this thing would really go…Pegs the Saleen Speedo at 200+ but when I got there and opened the hood the exhaust pipes that exit the turbos had torched the paint on both sides of the inner shock towers and teh plug wires which are a mile away still felt like rubber bans until it cooled. Yes the pipes were all HPC coated. There is something about having to run the exhaust pipes that high in order to mount the turbos behind the head lights that just makes it not right for a street car and long term driving. In a race car I get it. In a street car – sorry I question the long term reliability. Look how close the pipes are to the plastic manifold cover and the shock tower on this silver Coyote. It ain’t right.

Hellion knows better too because they offer twin turbo kits for Dodge and Chevrolet with the turbos down low where they really belong. I have a Calif Special Coyote and I am trying to get Granatelli to build a kit for this car like their Camaro Kit. It just seems right and I know the finished product with be solid and well thought out. If Hellion offered a TT kit for the Coyote like the Dodge kit – I would be in line to see it. Mounting then where they are…sorry it can’t make 50,000 miles like the way most of us drive.

Last edited:

gtmiller1001

Established Member
I agree these post need to be positive and uplifting. If someone had a problem with a vender it is easy to say I had a problem and not harp on it. I don’t see Hellion as a vender here but it seems this thread extends from BBR. So it’s pretty smart how Hellion gets to promo their new TT kit for the Coyote without having to pay for it:lol1: As for single vs. twin. I have not seen the Single Hellion kit in person but I did see all the problems a customer was having making it work "as delivered" from Motiva. In the end he told me he had to go to a muffler shop and have a few pipes massaged and then he put a screen in front of the MAF to get rid of turbulence as cruise. Setting that aside he was happy with his system.

I have a Granatelli Twin Turbo kit on my 2011 Camaro and I can say unequivocally that I installed it myself with my 13 year son with not a single problem.:rolling: Every nut, bolt, washer, and screw was included - even the zip ties. At 7.6 psi it dyno'd at 606 rwhp and 598 ft/lbs. I also have a 1993 TT Saleen with a turbo system that mounts the turbos in a very similar style as Hellion did in their Coyote kit. It’s great on the dyno (712hp), for around town driving and short WOT passes on the freeway but I drove from Tempe AZ to Tucson AZ on a cool night to see just how fast this thing would really go…Pegs the Saleen Speedo at 200+ but when I got there and opened the hood the exhaust pipes that exit the turbos had torched the paint on both sides of the inner shock towers and teh plug wires which are a mile away still felt like rubber bans until it cooled. Yes the pipes were all HPC coated. There is something about having to run the exhaust pipes that high in order to mount the turbos behind the head lights that just makes it not right for a street car and long term driving. In a race car I get it. In a street car – sorry I question the long term reliability. Look how close the pipes are to the plastic manifold cover and the shock tower on this silver Coyote. It ain’t right.

Hellion knows better too because they offer twin turbo kits for Dodge and Chevrolet with the turbos down low where they really belong. I have a Calif Special Coyote and I am trying to get Granatelli to build a kit for this car like their Camaro Kit. It just seems right and I know the finished product with be solid and well thought out. If Hellion offered a TT kit for the Coyote like the Dodge kit – I would be in line to see it. Mounting then where they are…sorry it can’t make 50,000 miles like the way most of us drive.

I agree with nearly everything you say except for the part about lower mounted turbos being better. I'd much rather worry about containing heat from exhaust pipes/hotsides than worry about using a scavenge pump. The coating is one thing, but if it's really too close for comfort there are better insulating options.

Users who are viewing this thread