Hellion releases Twin Turbo System for the 5.0L Coyote

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Since everyone wants to add their thoughts...

Read the Rules:

4. Threads are expected to be kept on the original topic. If you want to discuss another subject, feel free to create a new thread in the proper forum.

A lot of these responses are "not on topic".

9. The SVTPerformance staff reserves the right to edit or delete any post/thread/etc we deem necessary.

If the post is not constructive or has nothing to do with what is posted, it doesn't belong here.

If you guys have an issue with this vendor, contact the site owner.

irishpwr46

Established Member
Edited...

Did you read the post above this.

Edit. Yes. and my post is relative to vendor. and a link to contact the site owner would be nice. it will save a lot of time and get plenty of use in this thread

Last edited:

2FST-4U

Established Member
I was there on fri and sat and asked chris if they were running any of there cars and he told me no. he said he was over his car and does not care to run it.

davidhuff

Established Member
Hellion has officially released their twin turbo kit for the 5.0L 4V 2011-2012 Ford Mustang GT and BOSS 302

It's readily available with kits starting at $6999.

Available at BLOW BY RACING

nmraday2003.gif

The top mount kit is adjustable from 5 psi to over 25 psi. A 5 psi setting will make
over 600 rwhp on a bone stock car. The kit has the ability to make 1200rwhp if a
built engine is chosen along with an upgraded fuel system.

System Highlights:

• Twin Precision billet 62mm turbos. (V-band inlet for easy installation)
• Twin Turbosmart 40 mm wastegates (V-band inlet for easy installation)
• Twin Turbosmart VEE port bypass valves
• Stainless 4 into 1 tubular headers, all American made stainless piping
• Large vertical flow dual inlet intercooler
• Dual 3" downpipes (can connect to factory exhaust if desired)

Initial system dyno results:

This system is so efficient that it makes....
- 618 RWHP on only 5.8 psi! -

Dyno Numbers (I'll try and get SAE numbers from Urist this week)

2012_dyno_5psi.jpg
Sure looks to me that John Urist with Hellion Turbo missed out in Bradention,Florida to get a lot of free advertisement in front of the fans on his new turbo kit.Looks to me it would have only took Ten(10) seconds of his time to make a pass.lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
When are you people gonna learn it isn't what you say but HOW you say it.

Everyone one of you need to go read the rules and understand them.

Love people with under 100 post telling us how to run a site that we have been running the same way for years.

No, how about you learn how to post here.

Don't respond to this either, read it, read the rules and stick to the subject.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
I'm too lazy to check hellion's site, but I would love to read the PDF on the instructions to see exactly how much you have to modify to get that to fit.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
We do plan on spending a lot of time working with this kit and so does Hellion. With the release just this weekend, and now that Bradenton is over, Hellion can spend more time with this at the track and so will we. Running SSO takes a lot of your time. Hell, any of the classes takes up your time. I do have all the faith in the world with this kit to work well too.

With the look of this kit, as stated before, only so much room on were to mount the turbo's but you can see the difference in these kits over others. (others are working just fine too and I'm impressed with it) The custom shorty headers you can see have a lot more detail and a different flow in the piping with a nice coating on them. The turbo's are a slim exhaust side on a T3 flange. Precision has always made a great turbo and these ones were picked after testing a few others to find the best results. I only noticed 2 things that have to be modded under the hood and thats moving the fuse box over to the right (just like on KB kits on older years) and the battery gets pushed more towards the fender wall.

Once more information is gathered, I will make sure to post and explain to everyone( by phone, PM or email.)

rememeber too is this car was in our booth only on Sunday. Trying to help Hellion out and keep it out of their way as they were running the finals in SSO (congrads to him for winning) But just like our cars, we do plan on running them. I am not one to say just something but we will have our cars out more so now.

Last edited by a moderator:

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Hellion is doing all the testing on this system. We are simply posting up their results. So if there are any questions. Please feel free to ask and I can forward the questions off to John and Jeff at Hellion for answers.

I do feel that this kit has the potential of being great. Hellion took all the concerns from the single kit and incorporated them into solutions into this twin kit.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Well I hope it turns out well and as problem-free as one would hope. I'd like to see a legitimate alternative to the plethora of blowers out there, especially because I'm moving back to over 5280ft-altitude in a year.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
John Urist decided to drive his twin turbo 2011 home from Bradenton. Yeah, from Bradenton, Florida all the way home to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Those far zero issues with drivability. No clearance issues on the road. Hope to have some more updates from John soon.

BV600

Established Member
Damn..... That is the only word that come outta my mouth seeing this. I wanted a Hellion Bad but decided to go with a Procharger, and now this comes out.

Erich

Established Member
Hopefully, they take their time and get it sorted before it hits real production. A TT on the 5.0 would work very nicely.
ERich

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
John Urist decided to drive his twin turbo 2011 home from Bradenton. Yeah, from Bradenton, Florida all the way home to Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Those far zero issues with drivability. No clearance issues on the road. Hope to have some more updates from John soon.

bet that is a fun ride. :burnout:

D.T.R

Established Member
This is exactly what I'm looking for. It's either this or Ken's ... I have time to research, read results and pick which kit... but the dyno results posted here are fantastic. I hope we can get some more info on fitment and what all needs to accommodated.

+1 on going with Precision billet 62s, that's exactly what I wanted if I bought the turbo. I was already planning on telling Ken upgrade the turbos for these 62s :)

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
We are going to be getting one in house for ourselves hopefully soon. We will install it and be very honest with fitment. If there are tight spots, you guys will be the first to know. We feel that this kit is going to definitely change a lot of minds about the Hellion systems for the new coyotes.

Again, we will be bluntly honest once we have one here in house for install. We will also be turning the wick up on it with a built motor car to see what the real potential is.

D.T.R

Established Member
Will these kits include include injector, BAP or any kind of fuel upgrades?

NinjaBum

Established Member

That's awesome. I'm moving back to Albuquerque beginning of next year :burnout:

Question, would that 600ish whp still fall into the realm of decent DD reliability with these cars? I know if it does it will be in the upper-reaches, but I'm not looking to start swapping in forged internals just yet.

Last edited:

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Will these kits include include injector, BAP or any kind of fuel upgrades?

As of now, it's including injectors. I'm sure if you do opt to do a turbo upgrade there will be an option for a Boost-a-Pump or complete fuel system upgrade.

Question, would that 600ish whp still fall into the realm of decent DD reliability with these cars? I know if it does it will be in the upper-reaches, but I'm not looking to start swapping in forged internals just yet.

According to John, the car has great street manners and is driving nicely on his 1800+ mile drive home.

D.T.R

Established Member
As of now, it's including injectors. I'm sure if you do opt to do a turbo upgrade there will be an option for a Boost-a-Pump or complete fuel system upgrade.

According to John, the car has great street manners and is driving nicely on his 1800+ mile drive home.

ah nice. What brand and size injectors if you mind me asking?
Another question, are the Twin billet 62s considered an upgrade, or will they be included on the base price of the kit?

Users who are viewing this thread