Looking for feedback on Meth/Water inj.

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
I'm taking my car in to get tuned in 2 weeks, and am seriously considering going w/ a meth/water inj. system too. Just wanted to get some feedback from anyone that has used these kits currently or in the past. I know its a love it/hate it type of thing, but just wanted to know what peoples experiences have been.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Congrats on buying that beast of a car.

My car has meth injection, but it's not tuned for it at the moment, just using it more for safety now. The previous owner made over 600whp running 19psi on just meth, no intercooler, so the stuff does work. Only problem is its very finnicky. If you run out or anything goes wrong in the entire system, you could really hurt your motor. Running that much timing or boost, and then you blow a hose, clog a hose, lose the pump or lose the controller, and say goodbye to your bottom end. I think with all the parts you have on that car and with a Lund tune, you are pretty safe. It's making plenty of power as well.

Why the retune btw?

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
Im getting it retuned due to a very minor stalling issue when occasionally coming to a stop. Aside from that the car idles and runs like stock. I've heard it could be something like different elevation to account for the stalls. Its only happened twice out of prob. 12 times I've driven it. Mostly I wanted to push the envelope a little more. It has a very conservative tune on pump gas currently, and I wanted it retuned for 100 octane,. The meth inj. Would mostly be for keeping temps down. Its an aem stage 2 kit ill be going with, and comes w/ a sensor to let you know if the fluid is low, and also can be programmed to pull timing/boosst if it senses a failure in the meth injection. Also I live north of chicago, and will be usiing bob kurgan for the retune.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
every tuner i know hates it, but i'd like to use it as a safety net, my regular pump gas tune with meth to keep things lasting longer.

YGETV8

Established Member
You're going to the right tuner. Bob sells a lot of kits and tunes great!

I've used alky injection with great success in the past on my four Turbo Buicks, and have a kit coming for my soon-to-be TT Cobra. Plan on using it more as a safety margin than relying on it for more fuel.

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
Does anybody know what I can expect to see as far as intake temps while using the meth? I know it prob. has alot of variables, but I'm just looking for a ballpark number. Or if people could post temps before and after.

Last edited:

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
every tuner i know hates it, but i'd like to use it as a safety net, my regular pump gas tune with meth to keep things lasting longer.

i love it!! I have been using it for years.. I build a safety net in that if the meth fails, the car will automatically pull timing and add fuel... its worked great for many years.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
. Only problem is its very finnicky. If you run out or anything goes wrong in the entire system, you could really hurt your motor. Running that much timing or boost, and then you blow a hose, clog a hose, lose the pump or lose the controller, and say goodbye to your bottom end.

this couldnt be more false.. unless it was tuned by someone who has never tuned meth before.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
You're going to the right tuner. Bob sells a lot of kits and tunes great!

I've used alky injection with great success in the past on my four Turbo Buicks, and have a kit coming for my soon-to-be TT Cobra. Plan on using it more as a safety margin than relying on it for more fuel.

I know the Turbo Buick guys love the stuff! Like anything with a car that is making big power, anything can go wrong..ie your fuel pump fails etc. Alot of tuners don't like it saying that its unreliable, but I don't buy that. If the tune is done right, then there shouldn't be any issues.

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
Got off the phone with Bob Kurgan a couple hours ago to talk about the tune. I'm all set to get the meth kit installed and then bob will tune the car. I was thinking about using the meth as a safety net, but I am very confident in the system he recommends as well as his tuning ability. I'm going next Tuesday (4/14/09) so stay tuned for the new dyno numbers w/ meth/water inj, small bump in timing, and 21-22psi!!!!!!

YGETV8

Established Member
i was told to stay away from that shit from evolution, for reasons that were already stated in this thread.

And I've used a butt-load of it in the past on my Buicks and have a kit coming for my soon-to-be TT Cobra for the reasons stated in this thread. :shrug: :rockon:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
So, it sounds like as long as you have a safety net, maybe a tune that's on that fine line of maybe being to much if you get some bad gas or it's alot colder one night.. the meth is almost there for that extra peace of mind. That's sort of why I want it, and to be able to run a few more psi without having to use racegas to be safe, that shit get's expensive.

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
I did not like my meth kit at all. Yes, it did help with dropping intake temps dramatically but I had a lot of excess meth running down my intercooler charge pipe that messing with my mad and was being shot out the bov. Also, if you do not drive your car a lot the meth will break down which will cause your motor to blow. Reason why i'm rebuilding my motor and sold my kit. I'd rather just run 93 with some torco.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
I did not like my meth kit at all. Yes, it did help with dropping intake temps dramatically but I had a lot of excess meth running down my intercooler charge pipe that messing with my mad and was being shot out the bov. Also, if you do not drive your car a lot the meth will break down which will cause your motor to blow. Reason why i'm rebuilding my motor and sold my kit. I'd rather just run 93 with some torco.

sounds like your kit didnt include a check valve to eliminate the meth dripping... thats why people should purchase better kits with check valves or solenoids to eliminate that issue..

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
I was told I did not need one because my nozzle was before the throttle body and my tank was above my pump but below my injection location... I bought it from snow performance.:shrug:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Got off the phone with Bob Kurgan a couple hours ago to talk about the tune. I'm all set to get the meth kit installed and then bob will tune the car. I was thinking about using the meth as a safety net, but I am very confident in the system he recommends as well as his tuning ability. I'm going next Tuesday (4/14/09) so stay tuned for the new dyno numbers w/ meth/water inj, small bump in timing, and 21-22psi!!!!!!

I'm waiting to see what that car puts down with a more aggresive tune. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread