Looking for feedback on Meth/Water inj.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
sounds like your kit didnt include a check valve to eliminate the meth dripping... thats why people should purchase better kits with check valves or solenoids to eliminate that issue..

Where would the check valve go? On the discharge of the meth pump? I fail to see how that would have helped him at all... A solenoid on the other hand, that would be a pretty nifty kit.

I don't think I'll ever bother with methanol, the only fluid I want to pump into my car is gas.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Where would the check valve go? On the discharge of the meth pump? I fail to see how that would have helped him at all... A solenoid on the other hand, that would be a pretty nifty kit.

I don't think I'll ever bother with methanol, the only fluid I want to pump into my car is gas.

check valve goes in line near the engine compartment.. stops the fluid from gravity feeding over time... never had 1 issue... needs pressure behind to open the valve to flow

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
Looks like I won't be able to get in to see Bob til the first or second week of May. My work schedule just got too crazy, and i'll be out of town all week.

Originally posted by phillySVT
I'm waiting to see what that car puts down with a more aggressive tune.

It was built right, and should be able to put down quite a bit more. Hey mike do you remember what the limitations of the precision 76gts were?

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
check valve goes in line near the engine compartment.. stops the fluid from gravity feeding over time... never had 1 issue... needs pressure behind to open the valve to flow

Near the engine compartment? So you actually have your reservoir in your trunk then?

Frankly I would only go with a kit that uses a solenoid since it takes very little pressure to go through a check valve. I hope you at least have your check valve mounted vertically because gravity alone would be enough to open it and make it useless...

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
Near the engine compartment? So you actually have your reservoir in your trunk then?

Frankly I would only go with a kit that uses a solenoid since it takes very little pressure to go through a check valve. I hope you at least have your check valve mounted vertically because gravity alone would be enough to open it and make it useless...

yes, all the kits i sell come with enough line to trunk mount the 1 gallon bottle... then you dont have to worry about where to mount the tank and pump... i mounted my check valve upside down and inside out.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Looks like I won't be able to get in to see Bob til the first or second week of May. My work schedule just got too crazy, and i'll be out of town all week.

It was built right, and should be able to put down quite a bit more. Hey mike do you remember what the limitations of the precision 76gts were?

It has a .81 AR (faster spool up)so you won't get as much peak HP as a .96 76gts. But I beleive they are good for over 1,000 RWHP. The car put down a hell of a lot of RWHP on pump with a mild tune.

TTBEAST

Established Member
I personally do not think that high hp cars should have meth. For what they give you i do not think it is worth it. Run some better gas and call it good. If the meth kit fails and your tuned on edge you may have problems. Just my .02

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
ive got a customer who has an 88mm , 347 STREET car with NO INTERCOOLER.. he drives it 100 miles TO THE TRACK, changes tires, and runs high 8s @ nearly 160mph... he drives the car on 100octane all the time but this car makes about 1250flywheel HP.. we run dual meth nozzles to increase octane and cool the discharge temperature. We are seeing 120degrees with 25-27psi on 100octane.. After he runs 8s, he changes tires and drives it home. If his meth fails, i have a failsafe in the tune to pull timing and add fuel.. i have MANY customer cars like this.

04cobradude

Mack Daddy
Established Member
EVERY car i tune with meth, i build a failsafe in with... if your tuner doesnt, he needs to find a new job

and, yes, i even test it to see what kind of power it looses when the meth fails.

YGETV8

Established Member
Bob: still planning on getting a tune with you if/when I get my TT kit on. Out of curiosity, is this failsafe strictly a tune thing (like IAT2 change triggered) or do I need to plan for additional purchases? Thanks, Jay

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
Bring on the meth!! I had to post pone this for a bit, but its back on. I am just waiting for Bob to call me back to schedule an appt. to install the kit, and tune this beast. I'm ready to see what kind of power she can put down with 20+ psi and race gas.

weldang

Established Member
whats the best meth kit? im also interested in purchasing one for my cobra... and where could i purchase it online? thankyou

DeadM8

Turbo Terror
Established Member
whats the best meth kit? im also interested in purchasing one for my cobra... and where could i purchase it online? thankyou

I'm went with an AEM meth kit, because thats what my tuner recommends and uses all the time. The most important thing is that you find a tuner that is familiar with tuning meth. I'm almost positive that anybody that has had a bad experience with meth tried to do it themselves, or used a tuner that was inexperienced with tuning it. I am going to be using Bob Kurgan of Kurgan Motorsports. I have heard nothing but good things about him, and he tunes turbo cars as well as meth kits all the time. I believe his new shop is in Byron, Illinois. If you live somewhat close it would be worth the drive to see him. FYI stay away from the Snow meth kits....

Users who are viewing this thread