03/04 cobra losses?

boosted99si

Established Member
i have yet to heard of an 03 cobra on here losing, can anyone with an 03/04 cobra account for a loss from a roll? or are they just that fast and bad ass. My stage 3 has lost to like 3 cars and a few motorcycles. Or maybe its like those fishing shows where they only speak of the good things that happen.

DaleM

Sebring SVTOA
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
stage3kiddo said:
i have yet to heard of an 03 cobra on here losing, can anyone with an 03/04 cobra account for a loss from a roll? or are they just that fast and bad ass. My stage 3 has lost to like 3 cars and a few motorcycles. Or maybe its like those fishing shows where they only speak of the good things that happen.

I mentioned my death by a yellow Mazda RX7 here. We were at a 40 mph roll and we both down shifted. He took off like a rocket about a full car lenght ahead, I couldn't reel him in and when he shut down I did, I didn't want to do a fly-by and I let him know his car was shit hot, that was 120hp ago! It doesn't happen often but if you get taken to school I don't sweat it, just mod it.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i havn't lost yet, but i rarely get anyone that wants to run me.....it will happen eventually, there is always someone faster

99-LS1-SS

Former SS *****
Established Member
I lost to my 99 Camaro SS that I sold to my brother. We raced this past Sunday at the dragstrip. It was my first time racing the Cobra and his first time ever drag racing. I managed a 12.9 that run to his 12.1. I ran a 12.7 on my first run but I was racing a basically stock A4 WS6. I have one win against a LS1 with just a few mods and one loss against a LS1 with mods and a cam. I'm going to race a modded SRT4 this coming Sunday. Hopefully I can get it on video. My car is bone stock except I have a JLT RAI. When I beat the first LS1 I was stock down to the filter.

Established Member
I've lost to a Cammed Camaro SS from a dig (damn wheel hop). But when we went from a roll I beat him about 3-4 car lengths. Also an RX-7 from a roll and we were neck and neck this was before the ported blower and 2lb lower. Everything else I've left in the dust.

boosted99si

Established Member
oh and to whoever responds dont think im hating on 03 04 cobras they are bad ass, i love them i think they sound great and look even better but it just seems people dont lose on here but i do have a lot of respect for them

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
99-LS1-SS said:
I lost to my 99 Camaro SS that I sold to my brother. We raced this past Sunday at the dragstrip. It was my first time racing the Cobra and his first time ever drag racing. I managed a 12.9 that run to his 12.1. I ran a 12.7 on my first run but I was racing a basically stock A4 WS6. I have one win against a LS1 with just a few mods and one loss against a LS1 with mods and a cam. I'm going to race a modded SRT4 this coming Sunday. Hopefully I can get it on video. My car is bone stock except I have a JLT RAI. When I beat the first LS1 I was stock down to the filter.

Modded SRT-4 as in how modded? From a dig you got him regardless (RWD>FWD for launching, plus turbo lag) from a roll he will need ATLEAST the following to try and KEEP up.

Mod list #1
3 inch turbo back exhaust
atleast stage 1
AGP WGA
Boost controller spiking at 18psi and dropping to 16psi at redline (limited to 18psi on Stage 1 injectors)
PSI-FI Tune
Intake
With these mods he should trap around 113mph. Stock you got 114mph, so either way you will beat him.

Mod list #2
3 inch turbo back
stage 2
Boost controller spiking to 20psi and holding 18psi at redline
intake
PSI-Fi tune
With these mods he should trap around 114-115 from what I have seen. Still think you will beat him.

mod list #3
A butt load of NOS.

Basically to beat a stock cobra he is going to need NOS or mopar stage 3, or PSI-FI upgraded turbo, or AGP upraded turbo or you miss a gear or two and he doesn't. Have fun :-D

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Bob, your public profile says you have an SRT4. Do you also have a modded Cobra that isn't in your profile or sig?

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:

I lost from a roll to a 10 second Cummins deisel with paste on headlights on I-5 one afternoon. That was one SICK assed truck! Full cage, sponser graphics, etc.

JSHTROD

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:

I've lost to two different cars. Both from a dig.

This first was a 01GT with all the boltons, and a 150shot of the juice. He takes me out of the hole, and I run him down, but not in time. He won 2 of 3 from the dig.

The second car I've lost to, is my buddy Don. He has a 89 5.0 with a 347, heads/cams/intake, ArtCarr AOD and converter, on slicks (launches with a transbrake). I was on bald DR's (no traction) chipped and pullied.

He'd flat out rape me out of the hole, pulling 3-5 cars on me immediately.

From a roll, him without the nitrous, I walked him. He'd hurt me bad, on the bottle even from a roll.

:beer:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
SRT-4 Turbo 7 said:
Mod list #1
3 inch turbo back exhaust
atleast stage 1
AGP WGA
Boost controller spiking at 18psi and dropping to 16psi at redline (limited to 18psi on Stage 1 injectors)
PSI-FI Tune
Intake
With these mods he should trap around 113mph. Stock you got 114mph, so either way you will beat him.

not to be a jackass....but NO way a stage 1 SRT-4 will come close to a stock 03/04 Cobra....stage 1s trap around 103-106 and maybe a 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. no luck of even hangin close with a cobra if the cobra can drive.

Stage 2+...yea id say you be pretty close with a stock cobra in the 1/4 with the average cobra driver. youd probably need a stage 2 plus some other minor goodies.

Stage 3 would probably be equal in the 1/4 with the SRT-4 running between a 12.6 and a 13.0.

These are all 1/4 mile races tho...from a roll-on at 40mph....the SRT-4 would need at LEAST a stage 3 to hang from 40-130 with a stock cobra. a stage 1 or 2 would be killed within the first 4 seconds.

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
04TRCobra said:
not to be a jackass....but NO way a stage 1 SRT-4 will come close to a stock 03/04 Cobra....stage 1s trap around 103-106 and maybe a 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. no luck of even hangin close with a cobra if the cobra can drive.

Stage 2+...yea id say you be pretty close with a stock cobra in the 1/4 with the average cobra driver. youd probably need a stage 2 plus some other minor goodies.

Stage 3 would probably be equal in the 1/4 with the SRT-4 running between a 12.6 and a 13.0.

These are all 1/4 mile races tho...from a roll-on at 40mph....the SRT-4 would need at LEAST a stage 3 to hang from 40-130 with a stock cobra. a stage 1 or 2 would be killed within the first 4 seconds.

Please re-read my post and my mod list. I didn't just say "stage 1". And FYI when the SRT's start to become more heavily modified they go back to the stage 1 pcm because it doesn't pull as much timing. Also my mod list #1 includes a custom PSI-FI tune, full 3 inch turbo back, different WGA, a boost controller and intake. I didn't just say stage 1. Please read more carefully. Also if you go to www.PSI-FImotorsports.com and look at their car (3inch downpipe to 2.5inch cat back, intake, AGP WGA, BC, and their tune is running 12.2's @113mph pump gas). Your thinking 103mph b/c that is what an SRT does with just stage 1. My Mod list #1 had a lot more to it then just stage 1. Also with the mopar stage 3 and the mopar cat back I have seen 2 SRT's trap 122mph. 122mph traps are definitely beating stock cobra's. Next, my mod list #2 includes a lot more then just stage 2. Read it again, full 3 inch turbo back, PSI-Fi custome tune, BC. A stage 3 SRT runs 11's with traction Do a search about them on google.

But you are right just a stage 1 SRT with nothing else traps around 103-105mph. Just a stage 2 SRT traps around 108-110mph. Just a stage 3 and mopar cta back traps around 122mph.

In ever mod list I added 3 inch tubo back exhaust, intake, AGP WGA, Boost controller and the most important part the PSI-FI custome tune. It's basically a piggy back computer. So what you wrre saying is technically right, besides the mopar stage 3 SRT which would definitely beat a stock Cobra. But my mod lists include a lot more then just the mopar PCM upgrades.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I've lost a few times, one was to (allgo) board member with a cobra and a zo6, the zo6 beat me. And I won against some of the same cars as I've lost to. Fairly even cars and driving, conditions, good/bad luck etc. makes for different results. No different than drag racing, been racing stick stangs about forever. :beer:

04mellowyellow

Ford Nut
Established Member
LTHL VNM said:
i havn't lost yet, but i rarely get anyone that wants to run me.....it will happen eventually, there is always someone faster

I agree with you. When I do get a race and beat someone they always do a fly by as if they won. I had one guy get out of his car at a light after losing. He wanted a piece of me really bad. His words to me were "lets get physical." I started laughing. I think that made him even more mad. :burnout:

fre

Established Member
04mellowyellow said:
I agree with you. When I do get a race and beat someone they always do a fly by as if they won. I had one guy get out of his car at a light after losing. He wanted a piece of me really bad. His words to me were "lets get physical." I started laughing. I think that made him even more mad. :burnout:

had a late 90s cobra do a fly by after i let off at 130 and he put his flashers on. I should have hit my brakes to let him know I let off hehe.

astippich

Established Member
I lost to a cbr1100xx from a dig(it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but the dude couldn't ride). Thats the only one so far. I've only had my car since late july and now its put away for winter.

ogc

Established Member
stage3kiddo said:

I was with a friend of mine in his aptened pullied tuned 03 when he got hammered by a TT Z06

Oh yeah, and after he got his whipple on (only 13psi still 530whp) whenhe got beat by a 2003 CBR 600RR

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread